Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:22 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Page 80 then lock. We have 80

Last edited by jester911; 12-15-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IBTL +2
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

IBTL?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

in before the lock
Old 12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread CAN'T be locked.
It's still WAY too far away from the start of the F1 season......what am I supposed to do until then?
Please dont' lock this thread......
Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Webber: more fun, less success for Alonso

By Jonathan Noble Saturday, December 15th 2007, 15:16 GMT

Former world champion Fernando Alonso will have a happier time with Renault off the track in 2008 than he did with McLaren this year, but will not enjoy as much success on it.

That is the view of Red Bull Racing's Mark Webber, a former Renault test driver, who thinks that it will be difficult for the French car manufacturer to rediscover the form that took them to world titles in 2005 and 2006.

"He won't achieve the same as he did with McLaren this year," Webber said during a visit to the Swatch Snowmobile Challenge near Salzburg. "He won't be challenging for the title until 20 laps from the season's end (as he did this year).

"Renault, for sure, will bounce back and will start next year with a lot of motivation. Fernando will be happier than this year, no doubt, but if he will be more successful will be debatable".

Webber is also keeping his fingers crossed that F1 itself has a better time in 2008, because he thinks this year's spectacular on-track racing was ruined by the politics that overshadowed the season.

"From a sporting and racing point of view it was a sensational year," he explained. "(Michael) Schumacher was gone, (Fernando) Alonso was big, and nobody expected a sensational rookie (Lewis Hamilton) to challenge Fernando and Kimi (Raikkonen) for the title.

"Off the track, it was a pure mess. There are so many technicalities in F1 that it is hard to understand for fans how all this works. It would be much better to just fill up with fuel, go racing and whoever is fastest, wins.

"But unfortunately it isn't as easy as that. All those court cases and penalties were no good for F1."
Old 12-16-2007, 12:30 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
This is now getting off track and abusive , with too much personal retort , we have to keep the content on topic regarding F1 or it will be best to close and move on.

Pole you are an **** ole , but i apologize for the comment , the personal attacks all year has taken it's toll , we keep this as it was intended , for us to discuss the happenings of F1, please keep the personal retorts for my PM box as before.
No need to apologize . I always knew that you have a soft spot deep inside your heart for me.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
short memory finn,it was mostly by your recommendation 6 months ago ....
ITC , that was uncalled for , i think it may be time to close this post ....
I do remember, I gave you a lot of crap because you used them!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

If Heiki goes to Mac, then I have to suspect that it was part of the deal to let Alonso go early to a factory team. Or maybe Heiki doesn't want to be a clear #2. I really don't think Alonso is afraid of another driver. What happened at Mac last season was much more than just a rookie challenging. There were alot of politics with daddy Ron clearly favoring Hamilton.

My Christmas wish for F1 next season will be for Kimi to repeat with Alonso losing by 1 point. Mac would come in right behind Toyota (where ever that is). Heiki will hand Hamilton his **** by taking more points. (Not likely but these are my wishes). Oh and Ron Dennis resigning...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
If Heiki goes to Mac, then I have to suspect that it was part of the deal to let Alonso go early to a factory team. Or maybe Heiki doesn't want to be a clear #2. I really don't think Alonso is afraid of another driver. What happened at Mac last season was much more than just a rookie challenging. There were alot of politics with daddy Ron clearly favoring Hamilton....
If Heikki goes to Mc?

It's obviously done and had nothing to do with ALonso. Heikki had to leave Renault because Alonso came back so there Alonso made a difference but the deal between McLaren & Heikki is another mater.

McLaren "snapped" Kovalainen at the last minute before he signed the deal with Toyota.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:11 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Heiki , should have gone to toyota, to run 2nd fiddle to hammy will diminish his status, to go one up on truilli at toyota would have placed him in a more positive position and environment.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Nelson Piquet Jr, looking forward......

Nelson Piquet Jr says his ambition for his debut season on the Formula One grid is to secure the seat also for 2009.

"The important thing is to have a good year, to leave the team satisfied to continue the same way in 2009," the rookie Brazilian told Spanish newspapers, including Diario AS and the sports daily Marca.

Piquet's team-mate at Renault is Fernando Alonso, the double world champion who is returning from McLaren after an ill-fated season.

"He is a super driver," Piquet commented. "In 2007 he did not have an easy year, going into an English team with an English driver. McLaren clearly favoured Lewis," he remarked.
Cliquez ici...

Piquet, however, shows no signs of being happy to settle for a 'number two' role alongside the highly-paid Spaniard in 2008.

"The advice of my father has always been important," he said, referring to Nelson Piquet, the hard-nosed triple world champion.

"I will do everything possible to honour the Piquet name," he added
Old 12-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Piquet Jr. with his ego & Latin temperament and Alonso with his in a same team... That combination should guarantee smooth sailing...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Piquet Jr. with his ego & Latin temperament and Alonso with his in a same team... That combination should guarantee smooth sailing...
Yes, but Alonso has "matured"......
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso to return to the cockpit at Jerez

By Jonathan Noble Monday, December 17th 2007, 18:10 GMT

Former world champion Fernando Alonso will return to the Renault cockpit in their old car at the team's first test of 2008 in Jerez next month, autosport.com has learned.

Alonso, who is rejoining the team after a tumultuous season at McLaren, will drive alongside new teammate Nelson Piquet Jr in an R27 for the three-day test at the Spanish track from January 14th to the 16th.

The two drivers will have to use the old car because the team's new challenger, the R28, will not be ready until the following week.

The test will mark Alonso's first time in an F1 car since the Brazilian Grand Prix in October, and will give him the chance to try out the Renault without traction control and other electronic driver aids.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors