Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 03:27 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
^^^Quite ironic: why buy a Senna if not going to track it? I get it, I do, but still ironic

If I'm ever in the market for one, I'll look for one that has taken the "track depreciation hit" cause u can be damn sure I'll do the same. It's like blasphemy to not take that beast on track. If any recent road cars have been designed with track in mind, Senna is it, no?!
Why do you think I want a 2nd one!

I put two clear bra's on mine - hell now I can not see the carbon fiber etched engraving - have a track day coming up and I just may have to ...

Many Senna's were invited to COTA and tracked - one thing to go to COTA with other Senna's and factory support but as you know some really take a beating - my understanding the one mentioned was heavily tracked and those brakes are expensive add chips in rear / front cf.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Gotcha. There is a difference between a car that has been tracked and a track-car. I too do the double-think ppf in high impact zones for car i want to at least get on a track but not end up looking like a dedicated track car.

i haven’t tried the headlight or windshield protection yet. Idk how well they do but I should check into them because I i know I’ve replaced windshields and spent a lot of time buffing out headlights.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:28 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

You can message me privately for details of the car I was presented with.

Just because you bought a car with fancy paint-scheme, it doesn't mean that particular car has now become the "be all" and depreciation proof. It hasn't. Wake up and and smell the roses, Mclaren Senna value is taking a nose-dive. As for Senna value will drop like crazy "if it's tracked"?? LOL, I find this to be the funniest statement of the century. The entire ethos of the Senna, and the whole point of making the Senna......is for track driving.

How do you feel about the Lamborghini Sian making another run of the Spyder edition? You think the Sian will hold value in the long term?

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
What was the spec and can you share the broker - only one I know of with a big discount didn't even exist. It was a guy sending out feelers to buy a car for an Instagram pos asking Senna owners if they were interested and then said "is your car for sale" then stating it was a bank repo later in the discussion it got worse and less real.

There are 120 US Senna's a few XP's that most will never see the light of day and not even sure the Can Am cars made it to the US - what are you talking about too many editions. Mclaren watches their Senna owners like a hawk as do the dealers and no offense if you ever want to be on their list after they read your post good luck unless you can back it up they don't take 350k off msrp on an Ultimate Series car lightly. The hoops I went thru to buy the Senna had nothing to do if I could stroke the check.

Speedtail what are there 4 US and none street legal - if guys at that level are worried about depreciation they got much bigger problems.
The following 4 users liked this post by unotaz:
Der-Schwabe (07-14-2020), futurelegend (07-14-2020), LA Brit (07-20-2020), Me&You (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 02:48 PM
futurelegend
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just putting this out there. Would you guys rather have the new ford gt or a senna ?
Old 07-14-2020, 06:13 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by futurelegend
Just putting this out there. Would you guys rather have the new ford gt or a senna ?
Both ridiculously amazing cars.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:21 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
You can message me privately for details of the car I was presented with.

Just because you bought a car with fancy paint-scheme, it doesn't mean that particular car has now become the "be all" and depreciation proof. It hasn't. Wake up and and smell the roses, Mclaren Senna value is taking a nose-dive. As for Senna value will drop like crazy "if it's tracked"?? LOL, I find this to be the funniest statement of the century. The entire ethos of the Senna, and the whole point of making the Senna......is for track driving.

How do you feel about the Lamborghini Sian making another run of the Spyder edition? You think the Sian will hold value in the long term?
It's not the fancy paint scheme that I bought it for - one of five XP's and mine is the first Senna which is kinda of a big deal for me so would like a second to enjoy.

Sian was cancelled when they didn't raise the roof as stated and with carbon seats there wasn't enough headroom same goes for Sian Roadster - three times the Sian was to be fitted for head room - Monterey no car italy no car Ny no car - only after i confirmed spec learned the height was same.

Thought they slide me into a Roadster - knew the number of production of coupe and roadster which I think was 400k more and usable as a go cart.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-14-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:49 PM
SSO
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

Senna
Old 07-14-2020, 08:24 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by SSO
Senna
Senna that. Ford 2nd gen has improved add years more of production.
Own Two Raptors and GT500 Golden Ticket on order but no desire for GT a bit like the 918 owners won't share ownership experience.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-14-2020 at 11:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Selcuk (07-15-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 08:51 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

I have both. I personally love my 2017 Ford GT more than my Senna. I was surprised. I thought I would be underwhelmed by the EcoBoost 6. But that car sounds better than the Senna. The GT feels more snappy off the line and the transmission is instantaneous. And the interior of the GT rivals Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. Especially the Heritage edition. Plus the GT feels special because of its link to LeMans.

The Senna is still amazing and I will have it on a track soon. The outside is so over the top - it's like nothing else I have ever owned. And the Senna seats, drinking system, glass doors, etc, etc are so unique and fun. It rattles and wooshes like the P1. But if I could only have one, I would ditch the Senna without a second though. The Ford will be more reliable as well. And no (key not found, parking sensor going off, etc, etc). But you have to see a Ford GT in person and drive it. I was just so surprised. I would even go so far as to say at this point, I would keep my Ford GT over my P1 just for the perceived reliability and lack of hybrid complexity...
The following 3 users liked this post by Kansas911:
911Vintage (07-15-2020), E-Man (07-15-2020), LA Brit (07-20-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 11:14 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kansas911
I have both. I personally love my 2017 Ford GT more than my Senna. I was surprised. I thought I would be underwhelmed by the EcoBoost 6. But that car sounds better than the Senna. The GT feels more snappy off the line and the transmission is instantaneous. And the interior of the GT rivals Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. Especially the Heritage edition. Plus the GT feels special because of its link to LeMans.

The Senna is still amazing and I will have it on a track soon. The outside is so over the top - it's like nothing else I have ever owned. And the Senna seats, drinking system, glass doors, etc, etc are so unique and fun. It rattles and wooshes like the P1. But if I could only have one, I would ditch the Senna without a second though. The Ford will be more reliable as well. And no (key not found, parking sensor going off, etc, etc). But you have to see a Ford GT in person and drive it. I was just so surprised. I would even go so far as to say at this point, I would keep my Ford GT over my P1 just for the perceived reliability and lack of hybrid complexity...
Glad to hear you are enjoying.
Curious what track you will take the Senna - St Louis not far World Wide nascar oval with road mixed in but lots of walls.
If you have interest you can upgrade to Can Am exhaust on Senna.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-14-2020 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:50 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

I completely agree with you on this. Mclaren build quality is.........how to put this mildly.........build like a TVR

I would even go so far as to say at this point, I would keep my Ford GT over my P1 just for the perceived reliability and lack of hybrid complexity...
Der-Schwabe (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 07:41 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
I completely agree with you on this. Mclaren build quality is.........how to put this mildly.........build like a TVR
You realize he owns a Senna - you are an interesting fella

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-15-2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:03 AM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
You realize he owns a Senna - you are an interesting fella
It's all good and doesn't bother me. I agree that McLaren build quality doesn't match Porsche...or even Ferrari. But as I was talking to someone yesterday, it was important to realize McLaren is a relatively young, low volume manufacturer which means they are going to be more prone to issues. I'm not "justifying" it, just that I realize comparing Porsche (owned by VW) with McLaren isn't a fair fight. But in the long run, they will have to get their quality up if they want to have a lasting brand. Ferrari went through this and now look at the quality of cars being produced.

I do hope my inbound 918 holds up well!
Der-Schwabe (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 09:34 AM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I own a new GT. Would love to own a Senna. Did drive a friend's for 30 min and loved it. Senna a lot more power and lighter. MSRP also $400k more, give or take.
At same price, would be tough choice for me, as I love the GTs.
Really only answer is come up with a way to have both.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:30 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

It's all good and doesn't bother me. I agree that McLaren build quality doesn't match Porsche...or even Ferrari. But as I was talking to someone yesterday, it was important to realize McLaren is a relatively young, low volume manufacturer which means they are going to be more prone to issues. I'm not "justifying" it, just that I realize comparing Porsche (owned by VW) with McLaren isn't a fair fight. But in the long run, they will have to get their quality up if they want to have a lasting brand. Ferrari went through this and now look at the quality of cars being produced.

I do hope my inbound 918 holds up well!
Congrats - be great to see 918 owners post. The second gen GT improved a few thing can you upgrade?
Completely agree about Mac - owned MP4 now Senna - only issue was the dealer which was also a Ferrari dealer and had little interest in Mac and now Ferrari dealer only.
Wanted a Senna - luckily found one new and keeping her. Exotics are supposed to be mysterious the idea of a perfect exotic ruins the whole mystery IMO. I enjoy time with a good mechanic and factory to tinker with these cars. New Exotics / perfect bore me and has pushed me to buy older interesting exotics vs new.
Own a lot of motorcycles some old some new but all have distinct personality. Build quality electronics happen with all brands - strong dealers build relationships and no offense but Porsche after the ADM of GT2RS turned me off and it's similar to Ferrari with their ADM or buy into the brand is a lot of brain damage and do not have patience to to play those games.
Ford is a brand I strongly support all work vehicles horse vehicles two Raptors Ford GT Golden ticket and Bronco on order - grew up with the brand and spent a lot of time at the factory - if you recall Bigfoot was in St Louis and grew up hanging around those beasts. Ford GT owners don't post anywhere that I know of - had a chance to order but size and height it didn't make sense.
Ferrari - 16M & Speciale and would like a few more oder models in time but they too have their issues had an FF that was a mess plus with display / transmission and sticky buttons etc. It didn't bother me but as a daily it was not reliable which was surprising.

Exotic brands work hard to build relationships - they all do what they can to get things right. IMO the issue is majority of owners don't drive their cars / break them in properly. The 918 P1 from my understanding - trickle charger does not prove enough voltage and they need to be driven to keep the battery in tops condition. Senna was someone I followed for a long time and owning a car built to remember him is an honor. It's no different than an Enzo and a few others. Respect Ford for sticking to their V6 as you said it's a reflection of their racing and Aston will hopefully be able to do the same where others are fall short of carrying that torch like the F1V10 CGT

Quick Reply: CGT Prices