CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 08:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
I see F12 TDF selling below sticker. Ferrari producing way too many supposed limited edition cars but they are only satisfying the demand.
do you have any contact withF12 TdF below sticker? pls DM me
Old 07-05-2020, 11:47 PM
jamiew
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that...
would love to see any evidence of F12tdf available within a country mile of MSRP
Old 07-06-2020, 06:50 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
do you have any contact withF12 TdF below sticker? pls DM me
For more info, please PM, call or email.rw@atlantismotorgroup.com 561-760-9000
You can get this at $40 above msrp but if you be a little patient you can get at or below msrp.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:38 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You can get this at $40 above msrp but if you be a little patient you can get at or below msrp.
That car has an astronomical MSRP, relatively high miles, a spec that isn't everyone's taste and a deal that has a ton of hair on it.

The car has also been "for sale" from various sources for nearly two years now, so take that for what it's worth.

Edit - to keep this somewhat on topic: Just like Carrera GTs , one "gotcha" offer does not make a market.
The following users liked this post:
ewright (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 12:58 PM
ewright
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Me&You
That car has an astronomical MSRP, relatively high miles, a spec that isn't everyone's taste and a deal that has a ton of hair on it.

The car has also been "for sale" from various sources for nearly two years now, so take that for what it's worth.

Edit - to keep this somewhat on topic: Just like Carrera GTs , one "gotcha" offer does not make a market.
Exactly. That being said, prices are undeniably on the way down as the 812VS is on the horizon and the unimaginative black on black on black on black TdF in Salt Lake City will likely set a new low price for the TdF.

I love the TdF as much as any of the VS cars, but as is the case with every limited edition Ferrari, the hype eventually dies down and the car is replaced by the next greatest thing. We've been on this ride before. It's not quite the CGT.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:13 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

I wonder if the TDF at Atlantis Motor has a story behind it? That particular TDF has been for sale forever.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Originally Posted by unotaz
I wonder if the TDF at Atlantis Motor has a story behind it? That particular TDF has been for sale forever.
The owner of the car has been discussed on FChat recently... Safe to say anyone that's read up on it will not want to be buying one of his cars.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:52 PM
2.7 RS
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The owner of the car has been discussed on FChat recently... Safe to say anyone that's read up on it will not want to be buying one of his cars.
Do you know the link to the thread on FChat? If so can you please post it.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:27 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2.7 RS
Do you know the link to the thread on FChat? If so can you please post it.
https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th....623862/page-2

Post #39 and on
Old 07-06-2020, 05:36 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Thats a lame excuse. It has nothing to do with the owner. Frankly, most people dont even know who the owner is anyways. It has more to do with the so called limited edition Ferraris being replaced by a newer limited edition model after only a few years. Smart people are realizing that and refuse to pay a premium for these cars . I know of another TDF that could be bought at sticker but out of respect for a friend who wants to buy it I won't mention it here.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Thats a lame excuse. It has nothing to do with the owner. Frankly, most people dont even know who the owner is anyways. It has more to do with the so called limited edition Ferraris being replaced by a newer limited edition model after only a few years. Smart people are realizing that and refuse to pay a premium for these cars . I know of another TDF that could be bought at sticker but out of respect for a friend who wants to buy it I won't mention it here.
You made a reference to a specific car and I gave several reasons why that specific car hasn't sold for a long time (as Unotaz pointed out) and those factors are now compounded by uncertainty surrounding the owner of the car

I'm not arguing about the health of the TDF market, just that your example wasn't the best to prove your point (which we generally agree about). Miles, MSRP and overall spec, like color combo all factor in to the desirability and relative sale-ability of TDFs. That said, using another example without any details doesn't do much more to support your argument. I see your vague anecdote and counter with "well, yeah, but a Ferrari dealer I know just sold a TDF for ~25% over MSRP, so the market is still holding up quite well".
Old 07-06-2020, 06:40 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

You made a reference to a specific car and I gave several reasons why that specific car hasn't sold for a long time (as Unotaz pointed out) and those factors are now compounded by uncertainty surrounding the owner of the car

I'm not arguing about the health of the TDF market, just that your example wasn't the best to prove your point (which we generally agree about). Miles, MSRP and overall spec, like color combo all factor in to the desirability and relative sale-ability of TDFs. That said, using another example without any details doesn't do much more to support your argument. I see your vague anecdote and counter with "well, yeah, but a Ferrari dealer I know just sold a TDF for ~25% over MSRP, so the market is still holding up quite well".
I am not looking to argue either. Someone asked for an example and I gave one. Apparently there is a black one for sale as well for close to sticker. All I was implying was that the real limited edition cars such as a CGT, F40, F50 are still commanding top dollar but hey if you want to pay $200k above sticker for a TDF then go for it. It's your money.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:46 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

I will say this though, color and spec plays a big factor on the premium of the TDF, just like color plays a big factor on the value of the CGT.

I for one, would never want to buy a black TDF, so it won't matter how cheap it is. I think I'm not the only one here who thinks like that, so hence, the lower resale on that particular TDF.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Me&You
Instructor

I am not looking to argue either. Someone asked for an example and I gave one. Apparently there is a black one for sale as well for close to sticker. All I was implying was that the real limited edition cars such as a CGT, F40, F50 are still commanding top dollar but hey if you want to pay $200k above sticker for a TDF then go for it. It's your money.

As I said, I think we (mostly) agree. The market is maturing to the point where the truly great TDFs still seem to command good prices, while the questionably spec'd cars, or cars with higher miles need to be priced aggressively to garner interest.

It's worth noting that the TDF in Salt Lake City is Black with a, um, not-for-everyone two-tone beige interior and nearly 7k miles, which relatively speaking, is a lot. It's also priced at $750, so still a fair amount over MSRP (I assume). I'm not saying that's the right price, and when (if?) it does sell, we'll probably never know the transaction price.

Edit - I just wanted to revisit this, for the sake of clarity:

The price listed on the website is $819,000. The MSRP, as shown by the window sticker on the listing is $715,000, so the advertised price is $104,000 over MSRP. Are you sure Atlantis will drop their price by over $60,000?

Last edited by Me&You; 07-06-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:59 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

STL Motors had one right over msrp - know another that will go at msrp but odd deal.
599GTO back to msrp - tdf regardless of looks add a lot more production than GTO don't see how it holds at msrp.
Ferrari watched Lamborghini's V12 coupe / roadster price and volume - who knows but more volume the more depreciation in exotics.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CGT000 (07-09-2020)

Quick Reply: CGT Prices