Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 10:36 AM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Congrats - be great to see 918 owners post. The second gen GT improved a few thing can you upgrade?
Completely agree about Mac - owned MP4 now Senna - only issue was the dealer which was also a Ferrari dealer and had little interest in Mac and now Ferrari dealer only.
Wanted a Senna - luckily found one new and keeping her. Exotics are supposed to be mysterious the idea of a perfect exotic ruins the whole mystery IMO. I enjoy time with a good mechanic and factory to tinker with these cars. New Exotics / perfect bore me and has pushed me to buy older interesting exotics vs new.
Own a lot of motorcycles some old some new but all have distinct personality. Build quality electronics happen with all brands - strong dealers build relationships and no offense but Porsche after the ADM of GT2RS turned me off and it's similar to Ferrari with their ADM or buy into the brand is a lot of brain damage and do not have patience to to play those games.
Ford is a brand I strongly support all work vehicles horse vehicles two Raptors Ford GT Golden ticket and Bronco on order - grew up with the brand and spent a lot of time at the factory - if you recall Bigfoot was in St Louis and grew up hanging around those beasts. Ford GT owners don't post anywhere that I know of - had a chance to order but size and height it didn't make sense.
Ferrari - 16M & Speciale and would like a few more oder models in time but they too have their issues had an FF that was a mess plus with display / transmission and sticky buttons etc. It didn't bother me but as a daily it was not reliable which was surprising.

Exotic brands work hard to build relationships - they all do what they can to get things right. IMO the issue is majority of owners don't drive their cars / break them in properly. The 918 P1 from my understanding - trickle charger does not prove enough voltage and they need to be driven to keep the battery in tops condition. Senna was someone I followed for a long time and owning a car built to remember him is an honor. It's no different than an Enzo and a few others. Respect Ford for sticking to their V6 as you said it's a reflection of their racing and Aston will hopefully be able to do the same where others are fall short of carrying that torch.
Thanks, Yeah I collect in the sense of having a bunch of cars but have no expectations of making money...just losing money :-). But COVID allowed me the chance to buy a bunch of cars I have always lusted after, including P1 and 918. I drive my cars, other than winter, which should be interesting to see how I keep them all going from Dec-March. A little nervous about P1 and 918 battery reliability. My P1 had the hybrid issue but thankfully was covered by seller at purchase. Just bought a second toaster over battery charger for it so I can keep one at home and one at the garage. Good to know about 918 charger not keeping up. I'm about to attempt to change the wheels on my Senna today. Did all the research, spoke to a mechanic, have all the tools. Had bought a second set of the wheels with Trofeo R tires because my car has the Corsas from the previous owner. Should be a fun project. Cars are great and I am like a kid in a candy store. As I get more time behind all of them I hope to be helpful as I can be for whatever that is worth. I've a little late to the game given all of these cars came out years ago :-)
The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (07-16-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 10:59 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas911
Thanks, Yeah I collect in the sense of having a bunch of cars but have no expectations of making money...just losing money :-). But COVID allowed me the chance to buy a bunch of cars I have always lusted after, including P1 and 918. I drive my cars, other than winter, which should be interesting to see how I keep them all going from Dec-March. A little nervous about P1 and 918 battery reliability. My P1 had the hybrid issue but thankfully was covered by seller at purchase. Just bought a second toaster over battery charger for it so I can keep one at home and one at the garage. Good to know about 918 charger not keeping up. I'm about to attempt to change the wheels on my Senna today. Did all the research, spoke to a mechanic, have all the tools. Had bought a second set of the wheels with Trofeo R tires because my car has the Corsas from the previous owner. Should be a fun project. Cars are great and I am like a kid in a candy store. As I get more time behind all of them I hope to be helpful as I can be for whatever that is worth. I've a little late to the game given all of these cars came out years ago :-)
Nothing like the feeling of youth! When I bought my SV the wheels needed to come off for coating - ordered a Bugatti wheel removal tool and makes me laugh every time I grab it.
I need to get over the battery added weight and plug in cars - today I just can't wrap my head around it but if more people posted many could make a more informed decision.
Also late to the game but it's a blast catching up. Picked up a few older cars bikes addicted to Bring a trailer - bid buy deliver drive repeat. Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2020, 12:44 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 999 Likes on 433 Posts

He also owns a P1, who acknowledges the truth that Mclaren are nowhere build to the quality of a modern Ferrari, let alone Porsche.

I have no idea where you got the impression that the battery charger on the 918 not keeping up charge. Is that from your extensive ownership experience? Of course, I'm not surprised to hear this from you. Considering you have owned your CGT and never had an engine out service in the 15 years of the car's existence

I have 3 friends who has owned P1. Two of them experienced battery issues. Both of them tracked them hard on track and the battery overheated (design flaw on the Mclaren) and the battery eventually died. One of them was locked in his car on the track while we were about to go to lunch at Thunderhill. We had to break his window to get him out because the manual switch didn't work. The third friend didn't have battery issues, but his car had suspension failure twice (hydraulic leakage), AC replacement, glass cracking, etc.

I owned my 918 for 5 years now and I haven't had any issues with the hybrid battery. The e-range got a little bit shorter in the last 5 years (from 13 miles to 11miles), but that's it. We have a private FB page for 918 owners and I know personally over a hundred 918 owners. One guy forgot to keep his 918 charged on the battery tender for 6 months (he has a huge car collection, over a hundred cars), so his car's battery went out really fast. You don't need to worry about 918 battery, because it comes with a 7 year warranty and when it's time to replace your battery, it will come with another 7 years of warranty coverage.

My CGT had three engine out service already (it's 15 years old). I drive mine hard and I spare no expenses when it comes to maintaining my cars.

You realize he owns a Senna - you are an interesting fella

Last edited by unotaz; 07-15-2020 at 12:53 PM.
LA Brit (07-20-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 02:22 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
He also owns a P1, who acknowledges the truth that Mclaren are nowhere build to the quality of a modern Ferrari, let alone Porsche.

I have no idea where you got the impression that the battery charger on the 918 not keeping up charge. Is that from your extensive ownership experience? Of course, I'm not surprised to hear this from you. Considering you have owned your CGT and never had an engine out service in the 15 years of the car's existence

I have 3 friends who has owned P1. Two of them experienced battery issues. Both of them tracked them hard on track and the battery overheated (design flaw on the Mclaren) and the battery eventually died. One of them was locked in his car on the track while we were about to go to lunch at Thunderhill. We had to break his window to get him out because the manual switch didn't work. The third friend didn't have battery issues, but his car had suspension failure twice (hydraulic leakage), AC replacement, glass cracking, etc.

I owned my 918 for 5 years now and I haven't had any issues with the hybrid battery. The e-range got a little bit shorter in the last 5 years (from 13 miles to 11miles), but that's it. We have a private FB page for 918 owners and I know personally over a hundred 918 owners. One guy forgot to keep his 918 charged on the battery tender for 6 months (he has a huge car collection, over a hundred cars), so his car's battery went out really fast. You don't need to worry about 918 battery, because it comes with a 7 year warranty and when it's time to replace your battery, it will come with another 7 years of warranty coverage.

My CGT had three engine out service already (it's 15 years old). I drive mine hard and I spare no expenses when it comes to maintaining my cars.
Ok the cars you own are perfect and the ones you don't are crap - got that memo. Porsche Ferrari is no better than Mclaren it's guys like you who post it and think everyone cares - fact is forum guys are a small percentage of buyers and it's why dealers avoid forums because of guys just like you!

So why would you mention the 918 battery warranty and replacement if no one needs one - heard they are around 125k each. It doesn't matter as much as you think it does - go get laid good g-d man you are miserable. edit to apologize looked at your Instagram you have a nice young family - guys like me throw punches then talk when there is no respect and you and I will never see eye to eye on anything. Suggest not pissing on Mclaren or others to prop another brand one day someone might take it as you trying to ruin their livelihood - Mclaren did nothing to you they are a company with employees dealers and mechanics that rely on the brand. Karma is real

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-15-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:04 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

Uno, why so agitated/confrontational on here all the time? Go buy another super-car, take a deep breath and smile .
ACPORSCHE (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 06:22 PM
E-Man
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by futurelegend
Just putting this out there. Would you guys rather have the new ford gt or a senna ?
I would pick the New Ford GT for the following reasons
1) It's place in history. The story of Ford going back to LeMans 50 years later and winning again.
2) It's an American car
3) As Motley Crue says 'Looks That Kill!!"

What any of this has to do with 'CGT Prices' I have no clue. Gotta love value threads, ugh..
raclaims (07-21-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 08:16 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Again, please get your facts straight. The 918 e-hybrid battery is 65k to replace and who said it didn't need replacement? I have never seen any car battery that doesn't need replacement over time. The same applies to the hybrid batteries on the 918/P19/LaFerrari. I guess your car batteries must all be special batteries because they will never need replacements. Just like your CGT, which has never had an engine out service. Mine had 3 engine major service already. You must have one very special CGT

I like to post real world feedback and accurate information on the forum. I'm not singling out Mclaren, if Porsche made a dud, I would start bashing Porsche right away. There is a reason why Mclaren is in serious financial troubles. Do you have any idea how much cash settlements they have regarding lemon buybacks, warranty claims and etc?

You won't hear me bashing your Lambo or Ferraris. Nothing wrong with those cars or their brand, so there is nothing for me to comment.

Ok the cars you own are perfect and the ones you don't are crap - got that memo. Porsche Ferrari is no better than Mclaren it's guys like you who post it and think everyone cares - fact is forum guys are a small percentage of buyers and it's why dealers avoid forums because of guys just like you!

So why would you mention the 918 battery warranty and replacement if no one needs one - heard they are around 125k each. It doesn't matter as much as you think it does - go get laid good g-d man you are miserable. edit to apologize looked at your Instagram you have a nice young family - guys like me throw punches then talk when there is no respect and you and I will never see eye to eye on anything. Suggest not pissing on Mclaren or others to prop another brand one day someone might take it as you trying to ruin their livelihood - Mclaren did nothing to you they are a company with employees dealers and mechanics that rely on the brand. Karma is real
Der-Schwabe (07-16-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 08:18 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I have been on this forum far too long and there are few people here that annoys me with their misinformation and bias.

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Uno, why so agitated/confrontational on here all the time? Go buy another super-car, take a deep breath and smile .
LA Brit (07-20-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 09:23 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Again, please get your facts straight. The 918 e-hybrid battery is 65k to replace and who said it didn't need replacement? I have never seen any car battery that doesn't need replacement over time. The same applies to the hybrid batteries on the 918/P19/LaFerrari. I guess your car batteries must all be special batteries because they will never need replacements. Just like your CGT, which has never had an engine out service. Mine had 3 engine major service already. You must have one very special CGT

I like to post real world feedback and accurate information on the forum. I'm not singling out Mclaren, if Porsche made a dud, I would start bashing Porsche right away. There is a reason why Mclaren is in serious financial troubles. Do you have any idea how much cash settlements they have regarding lemon buybacks, warranty claims and etc?

You won't hear me bashing your Lambo or Ferraris. Nothing wrong with those cars or their brand, so there is nothing for me to comment.
We all know your CGT had 3 engine outs you have said now THREE times - should I apologize mine doesn't?

Maybe you didn't have them do everything maybe you have a bad mechanic or maybe you are a bad driver ... it's not something anyone would brag about but you. Start a go fund me page!

You don't post real world - you said Senna was 350k behind offered to you - I asked spec and broker ... crickets
Now you go to lemon cash settlements / do you think I care it's not my style to seek legal in a hobby. Anyone that claims lemon is their business not mine you literally seek misery.
Lamborghini - you took another cheap shot with my Sian order. I let it go when you posted how do I feel about the Roadster announcement like that was news I saw it a year ago with the V12 track car that I also had on order. My dealer / friend died last year suddenly while working out - his partner decided to sell the dealership now called Hollman Motors. The relationship changed and I was out of Lamborghini when the car did not have enough head room that was the last straw.
You then posted as "Unotaz the Great" turned down the XP Senna I bought which is funny but whatever.

These are just cars - since you had THREE engine outs you may see guys like him wearing a mechanic outfit. Somehow these guys can fix any mechanical issue with these things called parts using tools. so you are at a crossroad and can burn bridges or in your case continue to blow them up or reset and build them - your call.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-15-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:47 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

@nuvolari612, I was not a fan of the Senna when it first came out. I didn't like the design and preferred the more fluid shape of the 720S however the more I look at the Senna, the more I dig the design now. I would love to own one eventually eventhough it only comes with flappy paddles. You sir own the "gulf blue cgt" of the Sennas, the most beautiful and the most desireable one I have ever seen. Enjoy the car and drive it in good health.

PS. If there is one out there for $350K under sticker, please pm me.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:39 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by CGT000
@nuvolari612, I was not a fan of the Senna when it first came out. I didn't like the design and preferred the more fluid shape of the 720S however the more I look at the Senna, the more I dig the design now. I would love to own one eventually eventhough it only comes with flappy paddles. You sir own the "gulf blue cgt" of the Sennas, the most beautiful and the most desireable one I have ever seen. Enjoy the car and drive it in good health.

PS. If there is one out there for $350K under sticker, please pm me.
Thank you- all began when CJ and Cohen posted their spec and driving impressions here - agree at first hard on the eyes. Same happened with Viper as CJ posted about performance and luckily got #9 GTS-R another that struggled and now doing well. Senna modern CGT in terms of drivers performance car from the factory definitely requires seat time it's not a soft hands faint of the heart car you hear every pebble created. Carbon MSO 1000 plus hours better than Pagani at 1/2 the price - put your eyes on a MSO carbon next to a Pagani it blows it away. Mechanically only turbo that I know doesn't over heat. Lightweight performance must be driven to realize it's massive power all around. There were no hold restrictions like other Ultimate series and may have bitten the car short term. Merc Proj1 Sian Pag K'egg Laf P1 918 etc when compared IMO Senna MSO punches way above it's weight and customer cars breaking track records speaks volumes.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-16-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:37 AM
lightguy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I offered 500K for the black crashed CGT at Hotrides that they want 600K for
Mitchel said that was way too low.
Wouldn't even make a counter offer.
Kind of arrogant.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:44 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by lightguy
I offered 500K for the black crashed CGT at Hotrides that they want 600K for
Mitchel said that was way too low.
Wouldn't even make a counter offer.
Kind of arrogant.
Mitchell is a real car guy and has never struck me as arrogant. I’m guessing he simply has too much in this car. He gets a good deal of inventory from other dealers through word of mouth. #1033 likely came from a nearby Lambo/Ferrari/Mac/Etc. dealer who took it in trade and then flipped it to THR. Maybe someone who doesn’t know or care about its history will step up to the plate, but more likely I predict it will show up in another dealer’s inventory vs. staying at THR. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:44 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I have been on this forum far too long and there are few people here that annoys me with their misinformation and bias.
Can I get your address - would like to send you a full length mirror free of charge. Own two Ferrari's sold other Ferrari's raced a Challenge car - President of the Ferrari Club. Same goes with Porsche recently sold GT3RS and close friend owns a P dealers. You confuse misinformation with opinion and when it differs start grinding.

Anyway as promised a GMG Exhaust fly by video my son took who reads this and would love to meet Unotaz - slowed it down so the Po Po couldn't identify speed.

Enjoy! Hoping video is able to view.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_4065 (1).MOV (1.56 MB, 114 views)

Last edited by nuvolari612; 07-17-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:04 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks for sharing the video however I was waiting for a video from a go pro unit attached to the rear bumper of the car and 9 seconds is not enough.

Quick Reply: CGT Prices