Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 12:33 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by orca15
Here's a before and after. Don't need the green to keep the hybrid badge!

That looks loads better! and with the red paint, and black wheels too.
The following users liked this post:
orca15 (08-05-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 12:34 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Here's a before and after. Don't need the green to keep the hybrid badge!

I was meaning the badge in the rear. So mine is not as obnoxious as yours used to be I think because I got the option of gloss black model designation. They still kept acid green highlighting around it which is dumb.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:44 PM
Brazz
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_on_black
It tries to optimize fuel usage when in Hybrid Auto and having route punched in for navigation, absolutely, which is mostly great. However, if let's say you have a 3x electric range return trip (let's say you're going for dinner in the next-over town), if you route plan there, by the time you get there, battery is more or less depleted as it tries to use as much battery as possible in slow/city driving and less so on the highway. That means the way back, is all ICE. In this case, I have successfully been smarter than the machine and switch modes manually, so getting out of the suburbs and onto the highway I use Electric only, then turn on Hybrid Auto Hold on the highway and then back to Electric Only as I near my destination, planning to get there with ca 50% battery left for the return trip. All else, this should be more efficient than using it all up on the way there.

Granted, my wife thinks I have a dose of ADHD or similar and that I have itchy fingers always hammering away at various menu options and constantly adjusting something. I would have liked a second turn-switch **** on the left side of the steering wheel for changing the hybrid modes, as that would save me having to go into the menu system etc.
I use electric only in the neighborhood or parking lots. IMO - it is too slow for city driving. The ICE picks up speed faster.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:24 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 246 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Brazz
I use electric only in the neighborhood or parking lots. IMO - it is too slow for city driving. The ICE picks up speed faster.
A different view -

I use EV mode almost exclusively until I leave a 15 mile radius of the house - generally every other week - and don't find this to be a problem at all. I am still out in front of everyone else at the traffic lights, etc. without the ICE. Obviously the ICE is faster and it runs up every now and then when I am trying to fit in a smallish break in 45mph traffic, but that's maybe once every third or fourth trip.

I am averaging 55% EV miles (car's log) , another 30% Hybrid (estimated) , and the rest "fun."

I absolutely love having this schizophrenic car that is an EV Lexus one day and a 911 the next.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:30 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

A different view -

I use EV mode almost exclusively until I leave a 15 mile radius of the house - generally every other week - and don't find this to be a problem at all. I am still out in front of everyone else at the traffic lights, etc. without the ICE. Obviously the ICE is faster and it runs up every now and then when I am trying to fit in a smallish break in 45mph traffic, but that's maybe once every third or fourth trip.

I am averaging 55% EV miles (car's log) , another 30% Hybrid (estimated) , and the rest "fun."

I absolutely love having this schizophrenic car that is an EV Lexus one day and a 911 the next.
I have a very similar experience. 65% in EV mode with 4,500 miles on the car. I need to do more “fun” driving though!

Also, I recently learned about E-Launch. It’s launch control for EV mode! It’s tricky to do and obviously not nearly as fast as regular launch control but it makes for a good laugh to try it. It’s tricky because while in EV mode, you have to hold down the brake (as if you’re doing regular launch control), but then push down on gas pedal only to the point where the EV meter is full but not more or else ICE will kick in (as I learned the hard way with my cold ICE revving out).
Old 08-04-2022, 04:31 PM
Brazz
Intermediate

A different view -

“schizophrenic car that is an EV Lexus one day and a 911 the next”

So true!!! LOL!
The following users liked this post:
movan (10-11-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 05:03 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

I had a bit if time to my self today, and it was a nice day, so I thought I would try the launch control, so I found my self a quiet road.

I was curious to see if the remap on the 4 E hybrid had made any difference (I should have timed it standard as well)
I had a dragy timing device as well, this was the best result, the rest were high 3s. I think I could get it better with a new set of tyres, it didn't seem to grip as well as it should, but still impressive for the size and weight of it! Even though the gearbox should be able to cope, it did feel like an awful lot of strain on the drive train/gearbox, I don't think I'll make a habit if doing it, although it's nice to know the car cab do it.

Amazing that it can do this one minute, and on the way back from the shops, waft along silently in EV mode, brilliant thing!
​​​​

Old 08-04-2022, 05:46 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jamesbilluk
I had a bit if time to my self today, and it was a nice day, so I thought I would try the launch control, so I found my self a quiet road.

I was curious to see if the remap on the 4 E hybrid had made any difference (I should have timed it standard as well)
I had a dragy timing device as well, this was the best result, the rest were high 3s. I think I could get it better with a new set of tyres, it didn't seem to grip as well as it should, but still impressive for the size and weight of it! Even though the gearbox should be able to cope, it did feel like an awful lot of strain on the drive train/gearbox, I don't think I'll make a habit if doing it, although it's nice to know the car cab do it.

Amazing that it can do this one minute, and on the way back from the shops, waft along silently in EV mode, brilliant thing!
​​​​

Very cool. What did you use to measure the time? If an app, can you please share. I’d be curious to do it in my 4S E-Hybrid.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:08 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Originally Posted by SS22
Very cool. What did you use to measure the time? If an app, can you please share. I’d be curious to do it in my 4S E-Hybrid.
I would have been interested to see what the 4 E would do standard. I used one of these- https://dragymotorsports.co.uk

It's a GPS based system, seems to work really well, I bought it a year or so ago when I had an RS3.

I'll bet that would do well, is the 4S E hybrid 3.5 to 60?

Old 08-04-2022, 10:04 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jamesbilluk
I would have been interested to see what the 4 E would do standard. I used one of these- https://dragymotorsports.co.uk

It's a GPS based system, seems to work really well, I bought it a year or so ago when I had an RS3.

I'll bet that would do well, is the 4S E hybrid 3.5 to 60?
Motorweek’s road test had it going 3.2 seconds.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:27 PM
uraniummetallurgist
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 928 GTS Owner looking to buy a 2015 Panamera S E Hybrid

Hi all,

A favour to ask.

I'm a 928 GTS owner who is seriously looking to buy a 2015 S E Hybrid and wanted to ask the members for their recommendations and model specific areas to evaluate for a PPI. The car has ~ 50,000 m and cosmetically looks very nice. It is well optioned and all maintenance performed. The car has a good CarFax report and had a minor fender bender but nothing more serious. My intended use will be as a long distance driver to all me any my wife to tour in comfort. I am recently retired and look forward to travelling extended distances. My 928 GTS is just too small to travel with my wife comfortably.
Fuel economy is an important aspect of the decision to go with the e-hybrid and I'd like to get a feel for real world highway fuel consumption. More important is the Porsche quality and performance. The seller is a reputable company that sells many Porsche models but I need to know what common problem area are and what owners feel are the good and not so good point of the 2015 E-hybrid.

Thanking you in advance.

Joe
Old 08-10-2022, 06:54 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Hi all,

I got my new tyres fitted today (Eagle F1 Supersports) Which I'm thrilled with.

I've noticed though, since they've been fitted the car seems to be higher than normal (and it's in its lowest setting) I've tried putting it to loft mode and back to low, but doesn't seem to revert back to what it was before it went into the garage. Is there a way to s reset it?

James
Old 08-12-2022, 08:38 AM
Brazz
Intermediate

I had mine and the rear Panamera painted black. Kind of like it but removal works too. What in the world were they thinking with the acid green? Terrible.

Love the blue also. Really great color.
I ordered the black Panamera 4S but kind of like it without the badges. I don’t think that I’m going to put it on.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:14 PM
Blakey
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUZO JOE
Howdy,

Has anyone experience with hybrid cooling related codes P0C32 and/or P023B?
The dealer cannot recreate these codes nor diagnose any problem that may be triggering them; they've had the vehicle in twice for diagnosis.

I've encountered these codes 3 times with the battery at approx 30%, after driving in E-vehicle mode from approx 60-70% remaining - ambient temp 83F (my drive home from work). My 2015 has a 11-12mi range battery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey I know this post is a bit stale but did you ever get this resolved? Also have a 2015 e-hybrid and just triggered the same code at around 25% battery life on an 80 degree evening.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:20 PM
Tosa5
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree that the acid green is not a good look, so I deleted the model name, and opted out of the acid green brake calipers (so it defaults to red, which I like).

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread