Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 04:04 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

You may be neglecting to turn the timer on. Defining a timer by entering a departure time for it is not enough; you also must turn on or engage that particular timer. We have made this mistake a number of times, as it is easy to forget the final step. Since there are three timers, you can engage or disengage them individually by checking the check-boxes on the screen.
The following 2 users liked this post by louver:
jamesbilluk (11-23-2021), MKC91 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 04:31 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
You may be neglecting to turn the timer on. Defining a timer by entering a departure time for it is not enough; you also must turn on or engage that particular timer. We have made this mistake a number of times, as it is easy to forget the final step. Since there are three timers, you can engage or disengage them individually by checking the check-boxes on the screen.
Thank you, just been to set that, I set it for every day, and ticked the box at the end. It still seems to be charging immediately, with the green light. I wonder if its the 7.30 departure time, the off peak hours are between 0030, and 0430.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:35 PM
louver
Advanced

Well, I'm puzzled. Is the battery completely discharged? I think the car will automatically charge a flat battery, regardless of timers, until it achieves some minimal state of charge. Then it will stop according to the timers. Otherwise I don't know.
The following 2 users liked this post by louver:
jamesbilluk (11-23-2021), MKC91 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 04:40 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Well, I'm puzzled. Is the battery completely discharged? I think the car will automatically charge a flat battery, regardless of timers, until it achieves some minimal state of charge. Then it will stop according to the timers. Otherwise I don't know.
Ah, that could be it, the car arrived with no charge in the battery, just dashes on the range, and empty on the battery diagram on the screen. I shall go and plug it in now, see if it changes to the timer once it has some charge.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:40 PM
louver
Advanced

If a timer is set, the charge port should indicate this by a red light on the upper button. This button allows you to override the timer and charge immediately. I'm curious if you are seeing this red light? And DON'T press the upper button if you want to delay charging.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:48 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

If a timer is set, the charge port should indicate this by a red light on the upper button. This button allows you to override the timer and charge immediately. I'm curious if you are seeing this red light? And DON'T press the upper button if you want to delay charging.
There seems to be the red light on both buttons that come on straight away, and the green flashing light. It's odd, as when I turn the car off, it flashes up saying a timer has been ready and set
Old 11-23-2021, 06:58 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

I've just been to have a look now, the charging seems to have stopped (no green light) but the 2 red lights are on. Will see what happens tomorrow when I leave. Hopefully it will leave it enough time to charge. Its a shame therebusntba way to set the off peak hours.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:19 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Once you have set the charging timer, you have to save it to your numbered profile (1, 2, 3 and/or key) by using the buttons on the driver's door. This applies to a lot of adjustable functions settable in the PCM. A really stupid feature IMHO.

Wilson
The following 2 users liked this post by Wilson Laidlaw:
jamesbilluk (11-24-2021), MKC91 (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 04:24 AM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Once you have set the charging timer, you have to save it to your numbered profile (1, 2, 3 and/or key) by using the buttons on the driver's door. This applies to a lot of adjustable functions settable in the PCM. A really stupid feature IMHO.

Wilson
Thank you Wilson,

I will give that a go. It certainly does seem a complicated system. I used to have a BMW i8, I just had to tell it when I wanted it to start charging, and when I wanted it to stop.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:43 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Hi all,

What sort of milage are folks getting out of their 4 E hybrids in this colder weather? I charged mine for the first time last night, it said the range was 23 miles.

James
Old 11-24-2021, 09:40 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesbilluk
Hi all,

What sort of milage are folks getting out of their 4 E hybrids in this colder weather? I charged mine for the first time last night, it said the range was 23 miles.

James
Sounds about right James. I am getting a 35km range after an overnight charge here in Markham (just north of Toronto Canada) - maybe 8-10km more in the warmer weather. I haven't paid attention recently...

-- Mike
The following users liked this post:
jamesbilluk (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 05:49 AM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Originally Posted by MKC91
Sounds about right James. I am getting a 35km range after an overnight charge here in Markham (just north of Toronto Canada) - maybe 8-10km more in the warmer weather. I haven't paid attention recently...

-- Mike
Thank you Mike good to know it's all normal
Old 11-25-2021, 10:21 AM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

Hi all, sorry me again.

I've slowly being getting to grips with all the different driving modes of the 4E hybrid. I have some questions,

1- When in 'Hybrid Auto' mode, and I press 'E hold' , when coasting, or breaking, will that put more charge back into the battery?

2- I've noticed, when I let off the throttle, and the car coasts/sails, the rev counter drops to 0, has that disconnected the gearbox and turned the engine off?

Old 11-25-2021, 06:04 PM
louver
Advanced

Originally Posted by jamesbilluk
Hi all, sorry me again.

I've slowly being getting to grips with all the different driving modes of the 4E hybrid. I have some questions,

1- When in 'Hybrid Auto' mode, and I press 'E hold' , when coasting, or breaking, will that put more charge back into the battery?

2- I've noticed, when I let off the throttle, and the car coasts/sails, the rev counter drops to 0, has that disconnected the gearbox and turned the engine off?
For what it's worth:

1- My understanding is that the regenerative effect of coasting or braking depends on speed and firmness of braking and not on the mode. (I wouldn't swear to this, however.)

2- My understanding is that the electric motor is actually integrated into the engine and the two work together through the transmission. So when the tach drops to zero, that indicates the engine is off but the gearbox is still engaged as before. (I wouldn't swear to these claims, either.)
The following users liked this post:
jamesbilluk (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 06:40 PM
jamesbilluk
Advanced

For what it's worth:

1- My understanding is that the regenerative effect of coasting or braking depends on speed and firmness of braking and not on the mode. (I wouldn't swear to this, however.)

2- My understanding is that the electric motor is actually integrated into the engine and the two work together through the transmission. So when the tach drops to zero, that indicates the engine is off but the gearbox is still engaged as before. (I wouldn't swear to these claims, either.)
Thank you for that

The car does seem to regen much more with braking (except at speed where just coasting seems to do well)

Very interesting that regarding the location of the Motor too, I found it interesting on the first drive I had when the car was going up through the gears in E mode.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread