Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 03:22 AM
21Pan4
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Does the ISUDAR box work if you have factory XM radio?
Old 03-17-2024, 10:58 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 21Pan4
Yes it does. I just got up to speed on my ISUDAR install after using it for a couple of weeks.
It works great and ingrates with the CarPlay function when you log into your XM on your phone and then access through the screen.

In other words, it works just like Spotify via your phone and the functionality is way better than just XM through your PCM in that you can save favorite stations, pause or rewind songs to the beginning AND the when you park to run into the store or get gas, the song picks up where you left off.

Technically, you don’t even have to pay for the XM subscription because it’s really your online login via your phone. I am paying monthly for the service because it’s my daily and I want to have signal for when I’m out of good cellular coverage but in a place with good coverage, it’s money!
The following users liked this post:
21Pan4 (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 12:31 PM
21Pan4
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, the ISUDAR appears to be very superior to the Joyeauto. Less things to wire/connect up. Fully featured.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieb4
Yes it does. I just got up to speed on my ISUDAR install after using it for a couple of weeks.
It works great and ingrates with the CarPlay function when you log into your XM on your phone and then access through the screen.

In other words, it works just like Spotify via your phone and the functionality is way better than just XM through your PCM in that you can save favorite stations, pause or rewind songs to the beginning AND the when you park to run into the store or get gas, the song picks up where you left off.

Technically, you don’t even have to pay for the XM subscription because it’s really your online login via your phone. I am paying monthly for the service because it’s my daily and I want to have signal for when I’m out of good cellular coverage but in a place with good coverage, it’s money!
Technically the only reason that you can use the app on your phone is because you have a monthly subscription to XM, without it there is no streaming access on the phone.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 21Pan4
I have the factory XM in the PCM, it in no way affects the Isudar installation, they are independent of one another.
21Pan4 (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 01:43 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Svend1500
Quick question: I have 2 iPhones connected to the Isudar. Is there any way I can set preference to one phone, so if both phones are in the car it always connects the same phone?
You can do that with some of the exterrnal wireless adapters for CarPlay and Android Auto, but not, AFAIK, with the Isudar (or any of the Android HUs either).

What you can do is use a wired connection when both of you are in the car. If you plug your phone into the wire, you get your own CarPlay and all its settings etc. If you plug the other phone in, you get that phone's CarPlay. My wife and I do it this way if we are both in the car and, depending on who's driving, we want to use one phone or the other - driver gets the choice This is for Android Auto but I assume it will work the same way with Apple.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:57 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Technically the only reason that you can use the app on your phone is because you have a monthly subscription to XM, without it there is no streaming access on the phone.
Forgot to mention that I have other cars on subscription so technically I don’t need it for the car that has the ISUNDAR
Old 03-20-2024, 11:45 PM
Sam_M
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Greetings
I’ve been using my isudar for a few months now and I’m quite happy with it.
my only issue (that may or may not be related to the board) is that the pcm gets hot especially on long drives and pcm fan kicks in. I’m wondering if others have had similar experiences!

Thanks
Old 03-24-2024, 11:46 AM
Sam_M
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam_M
Greetings
I’ve been using my isudar for a few months now and I’m quite happy with it.
my only issue (that may or may not be related to the board) is that the pcm gets hot especially on long drives and pcm fan kicks in. I’m wondering if others have had similar experiences!

Thanks
update: I realized the problem is not with the isudar board. Heater core leaks hot air behind the dash making that area hot on long drives. This is a known issue with cayennes!

Old 03-24-2024, 12:43 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sam_M
update: I realized the problem is not with the isudar board. Heater core leaks hot air behind the dash making that area hot on long drives. This is a known issue with cayennes!
Thanks for returning with an update, it helps all who follow!
Sam_M (03-24-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 10:38 PM
ssmith96
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

So generally speaking this has been working well for me, but I am running into an issue where the GPS on my CarPlay gets randomly stuck (google maps, waze doesn't matter) unless I take my phone out of my pocket, unlock it, sometimes open the google maps app and lock it. Doesn't happen in any of my car's with OEM carplay. has this happened to anyone? It will literally just randomly show me stuck somewhere along my drive until I do this unlock/lock thing.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:20 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ssmith96
So generally speaking this has been working well for me, but I am running into an issue where the GPS on my CarPlay gets randomly stuck (google maps, waze doesn't matter) unless I take my phone out of my pocket, unlock it, sometimes open the google maps app and lock it. Doesn't happen in any of my car's with OEM carplay. has this happened to anyone? It will literally just randomly show me stuck somewhere along my drive until I do this unlock/lock thing.
I have experienced that scenario on other systems, I suspect that it has to do with the phone locking/being locked.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:26 AM
ssmith96
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

I have experienced that scenario on other systems, I suspect that it has to do with the phone locking/being locked.
Still seems odd considering it doesn't happen on any factory system in any car I have
Old 03-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ssmith96
Still seems odd considering it doesn't happen on any factory system in any car I have
Do all of the 'other' systems use the exact same connections to the phone? As the GPS information is coming from the phone, if that data flow stops for any reason the navigation program that is using that data will not get the required updates.

Depending on the phone (settings), the system and the data connection between them, either USB-wired or wireless WiFi/BT you could have different results.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:56 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Do all of the 'other' systems use the exact same connections to the phone? As the GPS information is coming from the phone, if that data flow stops for any reason the navigation program that is using that data will not get the required updates.

Depending on the phone (settings), the system and the data connection between them, either USB-wired or wireless WiFi/BT you could have different results.
I know my mr12volt system uses wifi and Bluetooth together. We don't seem to have these issues.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1