siberian
Old 08-04-2023, 06:09 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Have a nice day Alex...

siberian
take a disk with the movie Fast & Furious 1 from the shelf and draw 0, you will see Fast & Furious 10 on the box, but in reality, when you turn on the viewing, there will be a good old Fast & Furious 1, this is reality
have a nice day

Old 08-04-2023, 06:19 PM
DR.S
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Does an enthusiast really need the "campaign process"?
For what is this good for, just for performing upgrades which usually would be done by the dealer due to Porsche callbacks?

What would be a reasonable version to be used with a 6154 clone for private purposes (e.g. 4RS) @FerdinandAG ?
Old 08-04-2023, 06:27 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,369 Posts

I have no idea what an "enthusiast" is or what category or level of expertise he/she falls under. If you want the dealer to do it and assuming they do it, you don't need anything. They can reset your SRI and oil change etc. Also TSBs are not recalls and most times, dealer's aren't even aware since they're not critical requirements.

Campaign allows you to perform TSB's, upgrades etc. I've got a visionary dealer who can't read English and insists that a TSB is VIN dependent when it clearly states in the TSB document that it's model and year dependent. Since I can't get PNA to do anything other than leave messages that don't get returned... I do it myself.

Since I have no idea what you want to accomplish I can't answer what version you need. There are plenty of threads in the 992, Panamera and Macan forum on PIWIS mods, I'm sure you'll find some guidance there.

siberian
The following users liked this post:
rainer (08-07-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 07:20 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Originally Posted by DR.S
Does an enthusiast really need the "campaign process"?
For what is this good for, just for performing upgrades which usually would be done by the dealer due to Porsche callbacks?

What would be a reasonable version to be used with a 6154 clone for private purposes (e.g. 4RS) @FerdinandAG ?
you can use any fresh version with an online update, if you see a version with two or three zeros at the end, for example 41.500 or 42.000, this is the sd version without updated databases, this software is useless for full-fledged work, if the software with hidden updates, then the numbers in the name will look like this: 41.550.010 or 41.800.011, and the volume the data on disk D will be approximately 25-35 GB more than in any sd version, in the full version, with automatic programming or coding of the electronic unit, you will always have the process running , and you will not have messages about the absence of coding rules or the necessary firmware for this unit

Old 08-04-2023, 07:30 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

I have no idea what an "enthusiast" is or what category or level of expertise he/she falls under. If you want the dealer to do it and assuming they do it, you don't need anything. They can reset your SRI and oil change etc. Also TSBs are not recalls and most times, dealer's aren't even aware since they're not critical requirements.

Campaign allows you to perform TSB's, upgrades etc. I've got a visionary dealer who can't read English and insists that a TSB is VIN dependent when it clearly states in the TSB document that it's model and year dependent. Since I can't get PNA to do anything other than leave messages that don't get returned... I do it myself.

Since I have no idea what you want to accomplish I can't answer what version you need. There are plenty of threads in the 992, Panamera and Macan forum on PIWIS mods, I'm sure you'll find some guidance there.

siberian
your dealer is right, any campaign is executed according to the vin

Old 08-05-2023, 02:49 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The TSB specifically states Cayenne and 992 2020-2021 no VIN in the TSB. If it was VIN dependent it would mention it prominently in the TSB as in cases where this applies it does.

siberian
Old 08-05-2023, 04:43 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

The TSB specifically states Cayenne and 992 2020-2021 no VIN in the TSB. If it was VIN dependent it would mention it prominently in the TSB as in cases where this applies it does.

siberian
and again you are wrong, you can only see the campaign by typing in a specific vin of the car, depending on the vin, you will see a list of necessary companies for this car, as well as which scope of the campaign you need to do, only after that you will be able to access the document necessary for your vin

Old 08-05-2023, 04:59 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'll let you know when I run Campaign in a few days. If it exits after I enter Code A3D7K I'll know it's VIN centered, if it doesn't then it will apply the patch. And yes I have ALL the files (flash, campaign) etc. loaded manually after updating from SD.

Will also be testing out the new VCI so it should go a lot faster as well as be able to perform DoIP.

siberian
Old 08-05-2023, 07:43 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The other interesting item is that in the TSB it clearly states that IF your VAL shows a SW version earlier than the one it should and specifically for the CONCON then you should perform the upgrade. More dubious SW from Porsche...

siberian
Old 08-06-2023, 04:12 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

I'll let you know when I run Campaign in a few days. If it exits after I enter Code A3D7K I'll know it's VIN centered, if it doesn't then it will apply the patch. And yes I have ALL the files (flash, campaign) etc. loaded manually after updating from SD.

Will also be testing out the new VCI so it should go a lot faster as well as be able to perform DoIP.

siberian
What’s the new VCI?
Old 08-06-2023, 12:29 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Will provide more details after several of us test it. Thanks for your patience

siberian
Old 08-06-2023, 01:12 PM
steveo17
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Is there any resources available to explain how to enable different option codes?
Old 08-06-2023, 02:17 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

siberian
A3D7K - old campaign (08.2022)

you install a new PIDT, but copy the old firmware and encodings, despite the fact that for those rules that are in the new version, completely different new firmware and encodings are indexed in the configuration files (you don't have them) . In simple words, you end up with the basic version of SD, but only worse, and it's definitely not newer, because it doesn't matter which version of shell you have, if the content is old

I don 't see much point in buying a Chinese vci T6PT3G or , for example, Passthru Autel , because for this money you can buy a used original VAS6154 , which will work the same as PT3G
Old 08-06-2023, 02:22 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just as a preliminary example with the new VCI, we've noted incredible speed increases of doing a VAL in under 8 minutes, support for DoIP, WiFi increase speeds etc.

Most of the stuff you post is fear mongering as folks are no longer buying from you. As I said, have a nice day time to find something else to sell.

siberian
The following users liked this post:
rainer (08-08-2023)

Quick Reply: Received my new PIWIS III