Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016 | 08:46 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
The other common problem in this car is the front chin splitter coming loose at high speeds, damaging itself, the bumper, and possibly undercarriage. I have seen several different reports. Its all due to incorrect installation I believe. I would just double check before tracking the car.
You can thank the dealerships for that - this is where the splitters have to be installed. All those Ford techs are trained for Fusions and Explorers - most of them know absolutely nothing about your GT350 - as far as I know there is no special training for this vehicle. There needs to be - the only thing it shares with the regular Mustang GT's are headlights (which sit 2 inches lower in the GT350). You have to watch them like a hawk with your car i've found.

Go ahead and introduce yourself, make it clear you won't accept Ford Focus service and go over everything before and after you have a service done. I dread going to the dealer for this vehicle - this is the only downside of ownership for the GT350.
Old 09-13-2016 | 09:03 PM
Scr11
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

For those interested in tow hooks, I added the ZL1 front hook this past weekend. It's an easy job, but it will take a lot of hours as there are numerous little screws and bolts all over the place. I removed the belly tray and ended up having to remove the front fascia too. You don't need to drill any holes, but you *may* need to modify the bracket ZL1 sends you. In my case, the front two bumper studs did not perfectly align with the pre-drilled bracket and I had to use a Dremel to remove more material. I also chose to locate my tow hook on the driver's side as opposed to the passenger side which is home to a temperature sending unit. Lastly, there are two versions of the two hook, and I chose the one that required no modification to the front grill. It looks great!
One more thing, if you remove the front facia, there two 7mm screws holding the far corners to the fender near the headlights. Peel back the fender well, and look up. There is one on each side and they are tough to reach.
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2016 | 11:47 PM
Etrain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received mine today. I ordered it in June. Lightning blue, tech, stripes and black roof. The Lightning blue is absolutely unreal, was worried the whole time because it's a new colour and man I gotta say, it's SLICK. I've only driven it 3X but gotta say gets better every time. Man it pulled hard only up to 6000rpm tonight. Driving like I mean it but not rat-bagging it.

It handles and pulls about 90% of what my old 997.2 RS did. You can feel the extra weight tho as it doesn't feel like it's on crazy glue, IE: the RS. Best money you can spend for $100k tho or whatever. I'm from Canada and paid $15 over. Porsche has screwed be so many times over on the 991 RS then I had a 911R allocation and voila, it dissolved into thin air. PAG drives me insane although the passionate car guy in me will always own one.

Hope you enjoy the photos. ��

Old 09-14-2016 | 12:16 AM
stuntman
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Great combo!
Old 09-14-2016 | 01:17 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Etrain
I just received mine today. I ordered it in June. Lightning blue, tech, stripes and black roof. The Lightning blue is absolutely unreal, was worried the whole time because it's a new colour and man I gotta say, it's SLICK.

Hope you enjoy the photos. ��

Wow congrats! Same exact R build as I have in line.... LB is absolutely awesome... great combo for sure. Enjoy it!
Old 09-14-2016 | 02:20 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful car Etrain! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 09-14-2016 | 02:23 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
Anyone have any awful body panel gaps?

For those of you tracking the cars, are you using the recommended alignment specs in the manual insert? (IIRC Camber -1.75 front, -1.25 rear)
Everyone always brings up the body gaps. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, but my car's overall fit and finish is just fine. No complaints from me about body gaps.
Old 09-14-2016 | 09:50 AM
Etrain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Everyone always brings up the body gaps. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, but my car's overall fit and finish is just fine. No complaints from me about body gaps.

I started hearing about the bad panel gaps after I had already ordered mine so I called my sales guys. I told him if the car shows up with extremely bad panel gaps I won't be taking delivery. He told me that they've rectified that issue (for the most part) and it was the 2015 Mustangs and early R cars that had them from time to time. Take that for what it's worth...

So I scanned mine like a hawk (I've owned several Porsche's) and the fit and finish was of near quality.. I wish they had charged an extra $5-10k or gave you the option to upgrade the interior with some real CF bits and higher quality materials. The seats are amazing and actually I like most of the interior but the center console needed more thought and better quality material than rock hard plastic.. With that said it's a $80-100k car depending where you live so all the guys comparing it to their new RS or Ferrari need to chill out...
Old 09-14-2016 | 10:07 AM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lstoker
Dealers are insane on this car... Been trying to get one without getting raped and it's difficult. In the Denver area all the dealers buy up other dealer cars out of state at full MSRP plus shipping cost so they want at least 10K over. Looking for a 2017 with Recaro, thought I had the deal done yesterday and the dealer wouldn't agree to a reasonable price.

Been looking all over, absolutely hate the out of state DMV purchase paperwork though.
MSRP+10k was the best I found when I was looking. Galpin is paying dealers MSRP+30 for their allocations because they have people lined up out the door at +50. Thanks California...
Old 09-14-2016 | 11:20 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 818 Likes on 470 Posts

Go hang out on Mustang6g and you will see MSRP or close deals pop up from time to time. Yes you must be prepared to travel, take the options and color of the car. In my case I found a Black 16 Track Pack, God I hate Black cars, for MSRP in NC. It was worth the trip and best Ford dealer in the Nation, owner is an SCCA racer.

Peter
Old 09-14-2016 | 02:52 PM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
For me it's mainly the driver-side quarter panel and hood interface. Dealer is more than happy to make it right. I wasn't aware of the issue until I googled it after seeing mine.

@Etrain nice to see another Alberta 350R

Old 09-14-2016 | 03:05 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

That's what happens when cars get assembled by hillbillies who come to work in T-shirts with Harley Davidson and shorts,that don't give a s**t about the end product as long as their benefits are paid. Sure a bit harsh,but watch videos from the assembly lines of American cars. It's true I didn't see Ford's assembly line and perhaps things are better there since it's the only American car company that didn't require government bailout. It's also the only American car I'd consider,but there's a reason why they sell cheap.
Old 09-14-2016 | 03:44 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
For me it's mainly the driver-side quarter panel and hood interface. Dealer is more than happy to make it right. I wasn't aware of the issue until I googled it after seeing mine.

@Etrain nice to see another Alberta 350R

Wow,

Even if the car is "only" $60k that's unacceptable. Thanks for sharing those pics. I'll be sure to check mine when it arrives in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-14-2016 | 03:57 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Geezuz - that car looks like it was wrecked prior to delivery - Hope it gets sorted..
Old 09-14-2016 | 04:19 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 171 Posts

Good old American craftmanship...what a joke...that's outrageous.

Quick Reply: GT350