Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 03:08 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
Wow, you think a 2:22 lap at COTA or a 1:49 at TWS is all I got? Read my post above on the recent enhancements then toss in a new set of Michelin slicks/Finspeed wheels I have sitting in storage plus some aero that I may go ahead and put on early and then we can see what happens. Lord knows what you've done to your cheater 996 Turbo, but I'm guessing it's a little more than aero, bushings/alignment, seats/harnesses, and slicks.

Give me some advance notice on when you're going to roll into town, so I can get registered and get down there. It'll be good to have fresh blood. I'll show you the line.
It's all pipe dreams until you actually run a better time. My car is quite simple, stock turbos tuned, exhaust, aero, awd replaced with lsd, solid/adjustable suspension and enough weight reduction to make my ratio near max for TT1 with NARRA and NASA (with slicks).

I'll be in town whenever NARRA gets back down there. Hope you get that car setup to run with Messer and Weathers who is going to be a TT1 beast if LG ever finishes his motor. I'd like to get down there for the Narra event and stay and do COTA. Was my plan this year but got screwed up at the last minute.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
It's all pipe dreams until you actually run a better time. My car is quite simple, stock turbos tuned, exhaust, aero, awd replaced with lsd, solid/adjustable suspension and enough weight reduction to make my ratio near max for TT1 with NARRA and NASA (with slicks).

I'll be in town whenever NARRA gets back down there. Hope you get that car setup to run with Messer and Weathers who is going to be a TT1 beast if LG ever finishes his motor. I'd like to get down there for the Narra event and stay and do COTA. Was my plan this year but got screwed up at the last minute.
Speaking of pipe dreams, at least I have some subpar baseline times at the tracks you are referencing. You have nothing.

Anyway, I'm your huckleberry. Shoot me a PM when NARRA has their schedule up and I'll see what I have to do to get registered and get down there. Have a nice weekend.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:40 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 52 Posts

Whew...glad that's over at least for awhile. Was worried about all the testosterone oozing thru my iMac. What's the old expression...how fast do you wanna go...how much money you wanna spend? Think I'll go detail my GT3 for an upcoming Cars and Coffee. My best to all the virtual combatants!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
The corvette guys are saying the next z06 will have 550-575hp!

Still this base vette w/ z51 at $58k is a dam good proposition vs a similarly priced BASE cayman w/ its shameful 270hp.

HOWEVER , lets see what its like to drive. If it steers wells, shifts well, brakes well and doesnt fall apart i'm willing to overlook the hideous *** and go out and get her.

The vette team should invite chris harris to drive one!
If someone can get Harris to drive the Stingray and later have him drive whatever the next Z06 will be called. Z07? It will be interesting just to see the contortions that Porsche product and marketing people will go through to position the 991RS at 500hp and $150K versus the Z06 at 550hp and $100K. Porsche has a tradition of playing on its racing cred and handling prowess, but if the C07 trumps both those cards, and has aces for things like history and longevity, and if it has addressed most of the design, quality, reliability and warranty issues for a track day car, Porsche simply cannot use denial as a strategy.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 PM
wanna911
Race Car

The Z will be about 80k. Will be hard to top 100k with a non special version Z06 unless it's dealer gouging like the C6Z when it came out.

Speaking of pipe dreams, at least I have some subpar baseline times at the tracks you are referencing. You have nothing.

Anyway, I'm your huckleberry. Shoot me a PM when NARRA has their schedule up and I'll see what I have to do to get registered and get down there. Have a nice weekend.
Yawn.

I'll make sure to post NARRA's schedule if you can't find it on the interwebs. Have a good one.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

wow...71 pages of posts on a corvette...there are only 20 pages over on corvetteforum.com !
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My morning just got a little better.

cheater 996TT above and ZR1 "bone stock on slicks) are of the same cloth, at 8/10th you will pass anything in sight, but push the 10/10the all the time and they might pull into the put just before they give a NA a point by.

I go make some more coffee.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...track-day.html
Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
wow...71 pages of posts on a corvette...there are only 20 pages over on corvetteforum.com !
Yep! Best forum right here...we are serious about tracking, performance and driving!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Congrats on your fast lap at COTA!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:25 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 555 Posts

What I could do with 50/50 wd, 200 more HP, and soft racing slicks at COTA...that's gotta be low teens on slicks. Never driven a vette though. Quickag passed me on 11-12 like I was going backwards (at 150).
Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,886 Likes on 2,408 Posts

what are we talking about in this thread?
what's COTA.
i know what a corvette is. fast big V8 i like.
going to bed. yawn.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:59 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah baby. I'll be trading my C6 ZR1 when the C7 ZR1 comes out (probably wait for second model year like I did this time). In the meantime, you guys need to start buying the C7 Z51 and come eout and chase me around here at the tracks in TX. A C7 Z51 with a bit of aero and some slicks will make me pay attention.
Ill be down there soon. But not in a corvette and not chasing.

Haha awesome!! My money is on Dez
Old 06-22-2013, 03:15 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think a 2:22 at COTA or 1:49 at TWS has a chance of standing past lunch on my first day there, you are in for a rude awakening.
Wow, you think a 2:22 lap at COTA or a 1:49 at TWS is all I got? Read my post above on the recent enhancements then toss in a new set of Michelin slicks/Finspeed wheels I have sitting in storage plus some aero that I may go ahead and put on early and then we can see what happens. Lord knows what you've done to your cheater 996 Turbo, but I'm guessing it's a little more than aero, bushings/alignment, seats/harnesses, and slicks.

Give me some advance notice on when you're going to roll into town, so I can get registered and get down there. It'll be good to have fresh blood. I'll ishow you the line.
Quikag make sure you are a nasa level 4 or have a racing license or they won't even let you compete against wana911 in TT
Old 06-22-2013, 05:18 AM
wanna911
Race Car

He has a TT license and has run in NASA TT events in Texas. There won't be any problems there.

However as ShakeNBake points out, that car is potent. GT3's on slicks could run 2:22 at COTA and 1:49 at TWS. Jenk did a 1:52 on the RA1 combo in one (and only one) day at TWS in his 3.8 RS. Randy did a 2:27 at COTA in someone else's car on a new track at COTA. Both tracks have huge straights where there is nothing you can do without more hp, and more advantage to slicks on a green track.

He'll have to step well out of range of 3.8's on slicks to be competition for faster TT cars.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

We shall see what my car is capable of with the new optimized set-up. Rest assured those laptimes aren't close to what the car can do now. As far as my driving, the only truly spec thing I've done is Level 1 and 2 Corvette driving school at Spring Mountain outside of Vegas. If you read kmcmcmahon's thread link above, you'll read that I set the overall student lap record at Spring Mountain.

What is interesting about that is they run truly stock Corvettes so everyone drives the same car. On the last two open lapping sessions on the last day of Level 2, they put transponders in the car. It was in my last session that I reset the student lap record, actually twice in back to back laps. So, over 1,000 students have gone through their school.

The only reason I mention that is you can bet I will get what is available out of my car when the time comes.

Quick Reply: New Corvette...