Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

What in the hell are you talking about? Bravado? I report facts unlike a lot of people on here and if it hurts your sensitive feelings, then tough.

Good luck running Messer times at TWS. You don't have a chance in hell with a 996 Turbo.

Last edited by Quikag; 06-21-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
What in the hell are you talking about? Bravado? I report facts unlike a lot of people on here and if it hurts your sensitive feelings, then tough.

Good luck running Messer times at TWS. You don't have a chance in hell with a 996 Turbo.
I mean your incessant ramblings about the zr1 and how porsche doesn't make a competitive car. Clearly you are misinformed.

I said in the range. Within a couple of seconds is doable. And I assure you, you are also misinformed about the speed potential of my car. The only thing that will keep it from low 1:40's is the me not knowing the track

Last edited by wanna911; 06-21-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
If that does not convince you, maybe we can arrange a meeting between you and mr m3evobr in his gt2 which is stock. I would bet he can give you a dose of humble pie.
Is m3evobr your Daddy? Is he going to come beat me up and make me eat humble pie if I don't behave and say in this Corvette thread that the ZR1 is slow and all Porsche cars are faster? Wow.

Finally, speaking of bravado, until you run any decent substantiated lap times at TWS or COTA, you're just blowing your highly modified car horn.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is m3evobr your Daddy? Is he going to come beat me up and make me eat humble pie if I don't behave and say in this Corvette thread that the ZR1 is slow and all Porsche cars are faster? Wow.

Finally, speaking of bravado, until you run any decent substantiated lap times at TWS or COTA, you're just blowing your highly modified car horn.
now this is funny
Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Boy, you got Mr. Quickgag all fired up now. This might go to a whole new level ...
Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

more like wanna b on a coffee high
Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

My morning just got a little better.

cheater 996TT above and ZR1 "bone stock on slicks) are of the same cloth, at 8/10th you will pass anything in sight, but push the 10/10the all the time and they might pull into the put just before they give a NA a point by.

I go make some more coffee.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 990 Likes on 369 Posts

Car forums make me laugh, especially this one
Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Gotta love rennlist.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't want to hear your excuses, so when eddie beats up on you there won't be any excuses. Then when you are able to compete with the big dogs like Messer, then we can talk, but you aren't worth my time yet.

You pound your chest in a GT3 forum when you have a 200 hp advantage over most of the GT3's. Still might get mopped up with the right guys on the right tires. If you think a 2:22 at COTA or 1:49 at TWS has a chance of standing past lunch on my first day there, you are in for a rude awakening.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My morning just got a little better.

cheater 996TT above and ZR1 "bone stock on slicks) are of the same cloth, at 8/10th you will pass anything in sight, but push the 10/10the all the time and they might pull into the put just before they give a NA a point by.

I go make some more coffee.
It's easier to drive 10/10th's for a long time when it's 10 seconds slower......

And on all season r-compounds......

And mostly sitting in traffic in a DE.....
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

I love you guys, including wanna911. This is what helps me get through the day, this type of internet car e-bickering.

So, my post above was without coffee, extanker, but I do admit to being a "wanna b." I "wanna b" many things, including a race car driver, astronaut, billionaire, etc., but it hasn't quite worked out yet. That said, this morning, I have now had a Red Bull, hydrocodone (had back surgery a week ago today), and just now picked up a Trenta Iced Coffee from SBUX. So, anything is possible now.

I will say one thing about my ZR1. I thought it felt okay with SRF brake fluid, stock alignment, and my Michelin slicks, everything else 100% factory, but in the last two months, I've added Cobra Suzuka GT race seats, six-point harnesses, roll hoop/harness bar, camber kit, and poly bushings which allowed me to get to -3.0 front camber and -2.5 rear camber.

I ran with BMWCCA two weekends ago at COTA and while traffic was very heavy and I didn't get any good lap times, the car felt unbelievably improved. I burned up my first set of Mich slicks before I listened to people that told me I needed a ton more than stock camber with slicks. My new camber settings woke up an old set of Continental slicks I ran and made them feel noticeably better than the new Michelin slicks on stock camber. It was amazing. And the seats/harnesses, Wow! I can now feel what the car is doing under me and I feel secure. I even kept 9-3 hand positioning and was able to stop shuffle steering to jam my elbow into the door panel like I was having to do on my far from perfect 2:22 lap at COTA (before my recent round of enhancements).

Suffice to say, I am excited about this coming fall/spring. I really think I'm going to lop several seconds off my lap times and that is before I add aero to the car. I wish I had set up the car like this two years ago when I got it.

Finally, I love Porsche and I keep asking a buddy here in town if he'll trade his beautiful blue .2 GT3 RS for my ZR1. While my ZR1 is faster on the track, his RS just looks and sounds amazing (plus his RS is worth more money, so it would be a no brainer for me. ). The interior, steering feel, the engine zinging to ~8,500rpm, the turn-in, the rear-end grip, it's just damn fun.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ but but but cay has better balance....

what's the saying? balance without power is nothing
"Balance without power is momentum."
Old 06-21-2013, 11:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,647 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
"Balance without power is momentum."
u are right.
that's why i got myself a miata.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

If you think a 2:22 at COTA or 1:49 at TWS has a chance of standing past lunch on my first day there, you are in for a rude awakening.
Wow, you think a 2:22 lap at COTA or a 1:49 at TWS is all I got? Read my post above on the recent enhancements then toss in a new set of Michelin slicks/Finspeed wheels I have sitting in storage plus some aero that I may go ahead and put on early and then we can see what happens. Lord knows what you've done to your cheater 996 Turbo, but I'm guessing it's a little more than aero, bushings/alignment, seats/harnesses, and slicks.

Give me some advance notice on when you're going to roll into town, so I can get registered and get down there. It'll be good to have fresh blood. I'll show you the line.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

It's easier to drive 10/10th's for a long time when it's 10 seconds slower......
And on all season r-compounds......

And mostly sitting in traffic in a DE.....
All season R Compound LOL.
I can do 10/10th all day on slicks as well. Easy peasy.

You guys are just jealous of my RA1's COO and my N/A resilience and consistent lap times.

Quick Reply: New Corvette...