Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
I don't know of any street P-cars running anywhere close to my 2:22 laptime at COTA with my ZR1 (100% stock down to paper filter and stock alignment besides brake fluid and slicks). With race seats, harnesses, and proper alignment now for the slicks, I plan to break 2:20 if I can get a clean lap at the upcoming BMWCCA track weekend at COTA. For fast, the Vette is nearly unbeatable for the money. Gen IV Viper ACR and Gen V are other contenders.

If you don't care about a few seconds, then the Vette probably isn't for you. I personally care about a few seconds of laptime. For those that don't, then the P-car will certainly provide more tactile enjoyment and pleasure, but you're going to pay for it.
Off topic a bit : Why are you going to a BMW DE to set those times? It's going to be a blood bath for you trying to care about seconds in a group that has never been on Cota before, and with 60 cars on the track with you. It's going to be frustrating (and dangerous) for everyone.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Bring your Turbo Beetle, supposedly faster than a GT3 RS 3.8, bone stock, I'll bring my durametric to verify you didn't flash the ECU once again (because even your SUV is flashed), add slicks, and run the 2:15s. I will bring the Fiat, and beat whatever time you run with your Turbo Beetle before you start cheating it out.
Will do .... and bring the durametric, and show me how to look for a tune in it

On a side note, I don't know if the car is faster or slower, specially because it's not in my possession yet, and technically I still don't own it....
Another thing is, why do I need to run a bone stock car against your Challenge wannabe Fiat with 490WHP and 2800 lbs, that even the air in the tires are modified ?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:34 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
BS Andrew Aquilante is a beast in T1, certainly one of the fastest drivers in the group, WAY faster than Scott Tucker who is a scrub who won because the Factory race car Fiat was put into a group full of barely modified street cars. That was BS from the start and is the reason why the car is no longer in the class and as soon as it was moved to a class it should be in he switched to another unfair car.

The TT1 regional records at Road Atlanta and VIR and Sebring are VERY strong, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Is that the same Aquilante that was 3 secs behind Buttermore at last year's RunOff, since when is 3 secs behind the pace a beast?

2:19 at Sebring, 1:32 at Road Atlanta is that strong? 2:04 at VIR is that strong?. That's weak, on Hoosier A6 that's weak.

2:17, 1:30, 2:02 is what the times should be.

Tucker is not the fastest driver, but he surely chose cars well, Turbocharging, Winging, and Stripping a Beetle, you both did it.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:00 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that the same Aquilante that was 3 secs behind Buttermore at last year's RunOff, since when is 3 secs behind the pace a beast?

2:19 at Sebring, 1:32 at Road Atlanta is that strong? 2:04 at VIR is that strong?. That's weak, on Hoosier A6 that's weak.

2:17, 1:30, 2:02 is what the times should be.

Tucker is not the fastest driver, but he surely chose cars well, Turbocharging, Winging, and Stripping a Beetle, you both did it.
No it's not.

It's the Andrew Aquilante who took a Mustang and put it on the front row of a field full of Vipers and Vette's and managed to bring home second place.

The same Andrew who's qualifying lap in said Mustang was less than a second slower than Buttermore, who is also a beast.

And the same Andrew who's a 3 time pole sitter at T-1 nationals, showing he's plenty fast.

So yeah, I call that a beast.

I didn't build a Turbo RSR to go and win SCCA STO runoffs. If Tucker doesn't have Pintaric up his tailpipe he never breaks 2:17 in the race considering he only ran 2:16 in qualifying.

Yeah, this suuuuuurrreee looks like my car.

Watch Tucker win with "skill" I have run head to head with Pintaric as well, on A's vs slicks. Have video, and his fastest times at Road Atlanta. Maybe you can predict where I'm going with this.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Post pictures of your cheater Turbo Beetle.

Other than the Color, your Turbo Beetle looks identical to Tucker's car. Both stripped, both winged, both extra boosted, both bringing guns to a fist fight, both parking in the corners and boost them up on the straights.

With my lousy driving skills, a C6 GS, the T1 suspension, and Hoosier A6 on good weather, I can take down that 2:19 National SCCA T1 record at Sebring, while still braking for Bishop Bend. It is a soft record.

1:32 at Road Atlanta, haven't been there, but the slow DE Cup drovers already did 1:34s, so a C6GS with the T1 mods and my lousy skills would easily take them down, and that national SCCA Road Atlanta record of 1:32.

...and Z06 is faster, and ZR1 is even faster.

Advantage Vette!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Soon it will even be faster than a Fiat.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video proof of the 95 degrees 2:18??? Bulldump

Let me remind you of the level of cheating in your RS:

- Tuned ECU
- Headers
- No Cats
- No side mufflers
- Lightweight 18" wheels
- Monoballs
- Metal bushings
- Aftermarket Aero
- 100+ lbs reduced over stock GT3 RS 3.8
- dyno runs stronger than my bone stock 430 Scuderia rated at 503Hp by Fiat.
- Shorter gearing (by running short rear tires)

With modifications, the sky is the limit.

Pick-up a bone stock (bone stock means no parts other than installed by VW at the factory), I will pick-up a T1 C6 Vette, Hoosiers on both cars, and I will run circles around you, guaranteed, bet on it.

With modifications, a Celica is faster than a GT3 and a Vette.
Asked for proof, here is the proof....

I don't lie biatch ! lol
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Other than the Color, your Turbo Beetle looks identical to Tucker's car. Both stripped, both winged, both extra boosted, both bringing guns to a fist fight, both parking in the corners and boost them up on the straights.

With my lousy driving skills, a C6 GS, the T1 suspension, and Hoosier A6 on good weather, I can take down that 2:19 National SCCA T1 record at Sebring, while still braking for Bishop Bend. It is a soft record.

1:32 at Road Atlanta, haven't been there, but the slow DE Cup drovers already did 1:34s, so a C6GS with the T1 mods and my lousy skills would easily take them down, and that national SCCA Road Atlanta record of 1:32.

Advantage Vette!
Dump the fiat.
Buy 3 Z51's one for you and 1 for Eddie and I.

These days, I wonder what has a better image at The Office....Fiats are so played out with the girls..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Advantage Vette!
Rad, how about you win DECup again first and then maybe a real Time Trial record and then we can talk. Up here we have all guns at the fights. I'm going to let the rest of that slide (for now, but don't test me).

My car weighs 3500 lb stock, to make a truly competitive TT1 car it was either gut it on add a ton of HP GT-R style. I don't want a fat 750 hp car that can only do 3 laps.
Here is my car at my last event. Stock panels everywhere, no widebody, no GT3 R front, no rooftop induction, much smaller wing. That's only the stuff we can see.

Tuckers car

Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Those doors look light...
You make 996 look cool. Trying to buy one for my brother to dump Rustang..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 PM
wanna911
Race Car

doors are gutted stock 996 doors I bought from Mooty.

At this event I actually have passenger seat in, spare wheel in, and as much fuel as possible to make the 6.25 whp/weight ratio.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Off topic a bit : Why are you going to a BMW DE to set those times? It's going to be a blood bath for you trying to care about seconds in a group that has never been on Cota before, and with 60 cars on the track with you. It's going to be frustrating (and dangerous) for everyone.
I'm not going to the BMW event specifically to set those times. If I can great, but I'm not counting on it for the reasons you mentioned above. I am even mounting my Continental scrubs to start off with and if things are going well (i.e. not horrible trains or traffic jams, I'll mount up the wheels with the new Mich slicks).

I will try to grid out front after the 1st session or so, so possibly I can get a few clean laps, but I'm not holding my breath. I've already emailed back and forth with Bruce about some of my concerns, so hopefully this event goes smoothly for everyone. I think BMWCCA is working hard to make this a good event.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:49 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
doors are gutted stock 996 doors I bought from Mooty.

At this event I actually have passenger seat in, spare wheel in, and as much fuel as possible to make the 6.25 whp/weight ratio.
I must be blind, because your Turbo Beetle and Tucker's Turbo Beetle look the same to me:

- They are both overboosted
- They are both stripped
- They are both on huge tricky Aero kits

My Fiat came very light from the factory, no insulation, exposed metal everywhere, and it is still 200+ lbs heavier than your Turbo Beetle. My Fiat sat at 3,309 lbs on the NASA scales at the last TT I ran, your Beetle is in the low 3,000 lbs.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Dump the fiat.
Buy 3 Z51's one for you and 1 for Eddie and I.

These days, I wonder what has a better image at The Office....Fiats are so played out with the girls..
Fiat is beautiful even when parked. Car people know the Scuderia, and how special it is. A few days ago a nice guy at an autoX told me the 430 Scuderia is his favorite car. It is the most fun car I have driven, so 3 Vettes won't do.

2014 Cayman 2.7 + 430Hp 3.8X51 or
C7-Z51 or
used 2009 ZR1 or
C6-GS (and the venerable LS3) or
2012 Cayman R 6-speed + header+tune+intake

Definitely, no 997 GT3 as $45,000 bill to replace an engine on a car out of warranty is too rich, my Fiat motor is cheaper to rebuild than an Aero Beetle Mezger, true.

I don't want to be sued by making people crash because my car dumped coolant, or RMS oil, or sent a flying CL wheel and hit a flagger or another car, or entered ice mode during hard braking. Plus, every time I drive a 997 GT3, it makes me miss the steering in the Cayman and the fun chassis in the 996 GT3 (but I cannot look at 996 anymore, they are too ugly).
Old 05-31-2013, 01:08 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Asked for proof, here is the proof....

I don't lie biatch ! lol
Wrong!!!

Check your erratic timer for the Chin event in June last year. The May PBOC event had nice weather, I was there, even with my broken e-diff sensor, the Fiat mis-shifting, all the nannies turning-on in fault mode, and street tires, the Fiat was doing 2:23. Weather was good.

Quick Reply: New Corvette...