Macan 2014-Current

No electric steering column after January

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 11:05 AM
EvoGT89
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alanek
I just decrypted my Vin date of production February 21, 2022. This was in the list.
2C4 STEERING COLUMN, AX., VERT. ADJUST.+MEMORY Not sure what it means.
on other items I did not order it is prefaced by w/o
MY22S is arriving in Davisville tomorrow. Should have it soon. Will let everyone know.
Thanks for the reco for VIN analytics...just ordered the same report. I have the exact same thing in my VIN sheet. Seems like with "...+MEMORY" means its electric... obviously manual wouldn't have memory. Please keep us updated!

Edit: my production date shows first week of March... but my car commenced production about 3 months prior. It was likely mostly completed in December 2021 as it was awaiting parts for such a long period of time. My SA says theres no noted parts missing when he checked a few days ago. If yours started production before January, chances are you have electric steering column.

Last edited by EvoGT89; 03-24-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:19 AM
Grey Coupe
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm having precisely the same window of events. Went into body shop 20 Dec and it looks like it came out 8 Mar. How far along my car got before being sidelined I don't know. One theory is the UV/Acoustic glass option may have been the shared spec that delayed several cars.

Anyway, I learned that the car is at Port Emden, and depending on which boat carries it, should be here in April. In time for the rains to run the salt off the roads.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:41 PM
MoD
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine arrived and honestly the lack of the electric steering column is not that big of a deal. Great car all around and the handling is out of the world when you think about how it is a small suv and not a legitimate sports car.
The following 2 users liked this post by MoD:
EvoGT89 (03-26-2022), Nickshu (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 12:32 AM
georgej
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

After a five month wait I took delivery of my GTS last august. When I had it in for setting up car connect (who cares/don't use it) the service advisor told me that I would be getting a recall notice in the fall to swap the manual column for an electric one. Fast forward fast forward seven-eight months and heading in to the dealer for its 10K service...

no recall notice

no voucher

no love

Oh wait, I love the Macan and could actually give a $#1T if it has a electric steering column. When the service advisor told me it was news as I did not know it was supposed to be electric. Nevertheless I will milk it when I take it in for service.

Another thing that must relate to the chip shortage is the infotainment system. When I start my car and drive off the various sections of that vast display are covered with swirling arrows. I can drive a couple of blocks sometimes before it fully boots. Definitely going to whine about this phenomenon.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:21 AM
Grey Coupe
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

It is not about the electrical steering adjustment.

I care a lot about its role in the ease of access/ingress feature…
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 10:49 AM
nevil
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Grey Coupe
This is an SUV. Granted, a small SUV. I test drove a MY22 Macan and had no issues getting in and out. (Not like my 964, which I believe has gotten smaller over the years.) My daily driver is an MDX and I don't feel like the Macan is perceptibly more difficult with access.
Obviously, one's size and shape have a lot to do with it. Results may vary.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:57 PM
MoD
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Grey Coupe

I am not a massive guy so maybe this is not an issue for me but I find that there is no real issue with ingress or egress in this car. My GT3 is another story. I do not think this car just with the steering wheel moving up or down will be much of a hinderance getting in and out unless you are 6'3 or taller and if that is the case, I still dont envy you because you can see over everyone else unlike me !
Old 03-26-2022, 09:52 PM
Bogeyman
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Folks... I'm new here and just picked up 2022 Macan in Houston for my wife. I can confirm that steering column is electric and no short cuts on options... Cayenne Coupe is next (expected end of May). Great pleasure to be part of this community. Keep safe.

Alex
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 09:53 AM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Bogeyman
Hey Folks... I'm new here and just picked up 2022 Macan in Houston for my wife. I can confirm that steering column is electric and no short cuts on options... Cayenne Coupe is next (expected end of May). Great pleasure to be part of this community. Keep safe.

Alex
Congrats! Saw a sport turismo yesterday in white yesterday, I like the cayenne coupe more. But I'm still trying to figure out how to get a booster seat and childs bicycle into a 911.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:22 PM
cucu
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Curious about these $500 vouchers. I see quite a few folks getting them (on macanforum as well) and I'm wondering how PCNA decided who gets one and who doesn't. Is everyone who received one a previous customer also? All GTS purchases maybe?

My Macan S was built in early February so most likely no electric column adjustment and nothing from PCNA so far (apart from a few random advertisement emails).
Old 03-29-2022, 01:46 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by cucu
Curious about these $500 vouchers. I see quite a few folks getting them (on macanforum as well) and I'm wondering how PCNA decided who gets one and who doesn't. Is everyone who received one a previous customer also? All GTS purchases maybe?

My Macan S was built in early February so most likely no electric column adjustment and nothing from PCNA so far (apart from a few random advertisement emails).
Porsche had announced a specific production date after which it would not replace the columns on vehicles delivered without electric adjustments. I would presume they will replace the columns on those produced before that date once the parts are available and give a credit to purchasers of vehicles produced after that date.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:47 PM
georgej
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
Porsche had announced a specific production date after which it would not replace the columns on vehicles delivered without electric adjustments. I would presume they will replace the columns on those produced before that date once the parts are available and give a credit to purchasers of vehicles produced after that date.
I had my 10k mile service (delivered in 8/21) yesterday and my service advisor said that he had the parts on order for me but who knows when they will come in. He said it was not too big of a project to swap them in.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:37 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
I think the date is earlier in the thread but it's around the 3rd week of January.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:45 AM
alanek
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Just received my ‘22S No electric column adjustment. Once done not noticeable. What pisses me off is I signed the lease payments and service agreement on Saturday and received the $500 voucher by email on Sunday. Would have at least liked to use it towards the cost of the car. I knew about the voucher from this forum for weeks yet SA never brought it up.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:03 PM
alanek
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=alanek;18068211]Just received my ‘22S No electric column adjustment. Once done not noticeable. What pisses me off is I signed the lease payments and service agreement on Saturday and received the $500 voucher by email on Sunday. Would have at least liked to use it towards the cost of the car. I knew about the voucher from this forum for weeks yet SA never brought it up.[/QUOTE
Just came back from dealer. They re-wrote the lease and subtracted $500 from my monthly bill after driving the car for five days. They did the right thing. As for the column have not noticed it since the first day.

Quick Reply: No electric steering column after January