Macan 2014-Current

No electric steering column after January

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 01:17 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Thanks guys! I ordered mine in October ‘21 and took delivery in March ‘22. Porsche says that I’m not eligible for compensation.
I was under the impression that if you ordered the car in October you are supposed to be eligible to have your manual steering column (if in fact you have one) replaced with an electric one as those become available. The compensation was supposed to go to those vehicles ordered after they announced they would not offer replacements on any new orders. At least that's how I remember it.
Old 08-13-2022, 03:49 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks guys! I ordered mine in October ‘21 and took delivery in March ‘22. Porsche says that I’m not eligible for compensation.
There must be lists somewhere with specific date or VIN ranges that qualify for the compensation...but I haven't been able to figure it out. My 2022 GTS was ordered (the "V200 Event") on 3/23/2022 and the car was received by the dealer on 5/24/2022 and delivered to me the next day 5/25/2022. How do I determine if I'm qualified or not? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:37 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
There must be lists somewhere with specific date or VIN ranges that qualify for the compensation...but I haven't been able to figure it out. My 2022 GTS was ordered (the "V200 Event") on 3/23/2022 and the car was received by the dealer on 5/24/2022 and delivered to me the next day 5/25/2022. How do I determine if I'm qualified or not? Thanks.
Posted earlier in this thread:

(MY22) Macan III – Electric Steering Column Adjustment Discontinuation

The ongoing global semiconductor shortages has forced the permanent discontinuation of the electrically adjustable steering column for all (MY22) Macan III models. This impacts all Macan models produced beginning calendar week 3, January 2022, and future months. Further information on identifying these vehicles will be updated within this post.

Please note this impact differs based on the Macan model as detailed below:
  • Macan (2.0L) / 95BAU1:
  •  
    • Vehicles equipped with Power Seats (8-Way) are not affected as the manually adjusted steering column is standard
    • Vehicles with any Power Seat upgrade (14-/18-Way) – Memory Package will exclude the electrically adjustable steering column and include a manually adjusted column
  • Macan S & GTS / 95BBV1 & 95BBW1:
  •  
    • Driver Memory Package is a standard feature; therefore, all of these models will exclude the electrically adjustable steering column beginning CW3 andinclude a manually adjusted column

Please note: Pricing for optional seats and packages will remain the same. PCNA will offer a compensation price adjustment for all stock (LF) units impacted by this change. Dealers with impacted vehicles will receive a credit for option wholesale price ($179) via the incentive payment process, processed automatically in the month following the wholesale event. PCNA expects your Dealership to pass this price reduction
Old 08-13-2022, 04:58 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
They made the announcement that they would stop putting the electric columns in late January and the rebates (first said to be $179 but raised to $500) were intended to go to compensate people who had ordered cars based on a promise of an electric column but who were not going to get one. Syce yours wasn't V200 until 3/23, after they let people know there wouldn't be an electric column. I have my doubts as to whether they'll give you the rebate. Since the announcement seems to tie it to the model number, I suggest you check your order and see whether or not your GTS is described as model 95BBV1 or 95BBW1. If it isn't one of those I think you can be pretty certain you won't get the rebate. Even if it is I'm guessing you probably won't anyway based on that order date.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:03 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
They made the announcement that they would stop putting the electric columns in late January and the rebates (first said to be $179 but raised to $500) were intended to go to compensate people who had ordered cars based on a promise of an electric column but who were not going to get one. Syce yours wasn't V200 until 3/23, after they let people know there wouldn't be an electric column. I have my doubts as to whether they'll give you the rebate. Since the announcement seems to tie it to the model number, I suggest you check your order and see whether or not your GTS is described as model 95BBV1 or 95BBW1. If it isn't one of those I think you can be pretty certain you won't get the rebate. Even if it is I'm guessing you probably won't anyway based on that order date.
Thanks - makes sense. Looks like I missed the "window". Really doesn't matter to me since I'm the only driver and once I manually set the steering wheel I have no reason to change either manually or electrically.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:48 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 197 Posts

Porsche, in their infinite wisdom, randomly picked a window from January to March ‘22 order date for issuance of compensation. ​This is bogus at best! Porsche is asking for some time with a judge. VAG still hasn’t learned the lesson after dieselgate.
What bugs me about this whole thing is that Porsche nor my dealership warned me of this debacle. It wasn’t until when I first picked up the car that I found out. And Porsche is too cheap to compensate me with a measly $1,000. It’s not about the $$ for me but the principle of the matter. So petty!!!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 08-13-2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:22 PM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Question My vinanalytics build sheet says I am getting electric steering column

I ordered a 2022 Macan S in March. It was completed and got its VIN on 6/28/2022 (due to deliver in September). I was thinking of whether to keep my order or not, partly due to the issue of the electrically adjustable steering column. I wondered if somehow Porsche had solved the problem and had started putting the electric columns back in. My SA didn’t know. So, since the car was built and had a VIN, I bought a build sheet online from vinanalytics.com based upon the VIN. When I received the report, under the installed options is this build code: “2C4 STEERING COLUMN, AX., VERT. ADJUST.+MEMORY”. An online build code decoder says that means: “Code Description 2C4: Steering column reach and height electrically adjustable plus memory 95B”. Is this an aberration with the vinanalytics reports? Has anyone had a Macan S completed on or after 6/28/2022 delivered who can confirm if the electric column is installed?
Old 08-13-2022, 09:34 PM
Lebreeze
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts

My gts was just delivered on Thursday. Manual steering column
Old 08-13-2022, 09:51 PM
jhbs
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What was the build date?
Old 08-13-2022, 10:06 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbs
I ordered a 2022 Macan S in March. It was completed and got its VIN on 6/28/2022 (due to deliver in September). I was thinking of whether to keep my order or not, partly due to the issue of the electrically adjustable steering column. I wondered if somehow Porsche had solved the problem and had started putting the electric columns back in. My SA didn’t know. So, since the car was built and had a VIN, I bought a build sheet online from vinanalytics.com based upon the VIN. When I received the report, under the installed options is this build code: “2C4 STEERING COLUMN, AX., VERT. ADJUST.+MEMORY”. An online build code decoder says that means: “Code Description 2C4: Steering column reach and height electrically adjustable plus memory 95B”. Is this an aberration with the vinanalytics reports? Has anyone had a Macan S completed on or after 6/28/2022 delivered who can confirm if the electric column is installed?
I have one of the first built MY 23' that was completed Mid July, will be interested to see if the electronic steering column is back for the 2023 Model year. Expected delivery is 9/2 if everything is on track.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:21 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Porsche, in their infinite wisdom, randomly picked a window from January to March ‘22 order date for issuance of compensation. ​This is bogus at best! Porsche is asking for some time with a judge. VAG still hasn’t learned the lesson after dieselgate.
What bugs me about this whole thing is that Porsche nor my dealership warned me of this debacle. It wasn’t until when I first picked up the car that I found out. And Porsche is too cheap to compensate me with a measly $1,000. It’s not about the $$ for me but the principle of the matter. So petty!!!
I assume they gave the rebates because prior to the announcement, people who had ordered cars had done so while the configurator listed the electric column as a feature. Since it was eliminated they felt they owed compensation. Once they made the announcement that it would no longer be a feature it was also removed from the configurator so nobody who purchased after that could claim they didn't get what was promised.
Old 08-14-2022, 12:44 AM
rdubu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
I have one of the first built MY 23' that was completed Mid July, will be interested to see if the electronic steering column is back for the 2023 Model year. Expected delivery is 9/2 if everything is on track.
Porsche should know that at this point slipping the electronic column back in will cause even more confusion and create another set of unhappy customers. Why take the chance of further supply disruptions and slip it in now at no charge if they can option it or make it std equipment in MY24 with price increases when there is more supply clarity.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:20 AM
Lebreeze
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbs
What was the build date?
6/17
Old 09-01-2022, 02:08 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Took delivery of my 2023 Macan S yesterday and can confirm the 2023 model still has the manually adjusting steering column.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:02 PM
ADC1
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
Took delivery of my 2023 Macan S yesterday and can confirm the 2023 model still has the manually adjusting steering column.
Are you eligible for any additional compensation from Porsche?

Quick Reply: No electric steering column after January