Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 04:21 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by red route 1
What's really interesting is in the two cases I've done PTS, the minute the color is accepted the build freezes,
even if the original freeze date was months away.
Frankly, they were doing you a favor. One of the things most people don't understand is how fickle the PTS process can be at PAG
or how the PTS window can unexpectedly close on any model year. Sometimes if you get approval for a rare PTS slot, PAG/PCNA may
want to make sure your spot is not given away to another order before the PTS window closes. Otherwise, you are S** Out of Luck.
So consider PAG moving up the 'freeze' date once your allocation locked on a PTS slot as a 'favor', even though PAG's production planners
probably looked at it as Teutonic 'operational efficiency' rather than as a 'good deed' for you as their customer.

By the way, I loved your 'Aetna Blue /Etna Blau' 991, although you didn't keep that very long!

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
Also guilty of being "that guy" , I'm ashamed to admit.
Changed my order a few times as well.
*hangs head in shame*
It's all Eduardo's fault!
Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
My SA rolls his eyes if I mention the forum; it's like suddenly he wants to kill me.
That is fine. I rather me, or Rennlist, take the blame every time if it means you guys get to know all the possibilities
re: PTS & options in your custom order. Better that than any regrets. I can show you a list a mile long of Rennlisters
contacting me via PM or email on a regular basis that appreciate the assistance we have provided via these informative
threads on 'custom ordering' & PTS on a Porsche.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 10-31-2015, 04:34 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Youre Just Like The perfect drug dealer Eduardo.. Little drip at a time until they absolutely depend on you... Genius.

So, ARE you Rennlist? ;-)
Old 10-31-2015, 06:04 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Couple more options questions:

If I've got black leather with yellow stitching, will leather sun visors match with yellow stitching? I wouldn't bother on a coupe but on a convertible they would be a lot more visible.

On UK configurator you have to get Light Design Package if you order leather sun visors. Why's that?

Last week I could only see sports seats. Now normal buckets are back. But the 918-style buckets are no longer available. Is this likely to change?
Old 10-31-2015, 09:31 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Youre Just Like The perfect drug dealer Eduardo.. Little drip at a time until they absolutely depend on you... Genius.
No. Bad analogy.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
So, ARE you Rennlist? ;-)
No, I am not & I pay my dues like every one else. The combined total of the participants in each of these threads
is what I refer to as the collective 'WE'. There is no single individual providing ALL the answers. It's a joint effort
combining the accumulated knowledge of all of us 'custom ordering' our cars and willing to share that experience
with fellow enthusiasts. That's the beauty of it...and the key to its success. That's how we get to threads here in
Rennlist that merit the status of a 'Sticky' & gather 276K & 87K views respectively!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-31-2015, 10:27 AM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

Rear cover? What do you mean by rear cover? Are talking about the aluminum trunk cover? If you are, are you saying that it seems flimsy? I was actually worried about this just from the look of it and how it operated so this is rather important to me. Aren't some of the metal parts in the convertible top alloys? Maybe this is why it seems fragile? So glad to be having this conversation now that there are cars here.
Yes, the aluminum trunk cover, not "flimsy" but doesn't feel rock solid. It's hard to explain, but unlike the GTS trunk cover it doesn't just rotate up/down from the hinge, there is a complex "hinge" that moves it down and forward in one motion. The thing is cool to see but it is seems as lightweight as they could make it for the cost. It will be easy to see when your car arrives. I'd just say be careful with it and shouldn't have any problems. When I move the trunk cover or top, I try to do that from the center vs. the sides, hoping that will put less strain on the system.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:35 AM
red route 1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul Graville

If I've got black leather with yellow stitching, will leather sun visors match with yellow stitching? I wouldn't bother on a coupe but on a convertible they would be a lot more visible.

On UK configurator you have to get Light Design Package if you order leather sun visors. Why's that?

Last week I could only see sports seats. Now normal buckets are back. But the 918-style buckets are no longer available. Is this likely to change?
I don't think the sun visors get stitching. Don't have answers to the other two questions, but will say there are a lot of us who'd be very happy to get the ROW "normal" buckets given the shortage of 918 style buckets...
Old 10-31-2015, 10:48 AM
DISPorsche
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great pics!

Very cool
Old 10-31-2015, 11:54 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

My SA rolls his eyes if I mention the forum; it's like suddenly he wants to kill me.
My SA says he "hates" RL :-)
Old 10-31-2015, 12:20 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
That's because you know more than he does!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:42 PM
GTautoDesign
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah my SA embraces RL but he is also skeptical about rumors/wishful thinking. When I first met him, he said that the Porsche customer base is the most knowledgeable and often find things out before they do, and don't have reservations on expressing that.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:08 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Graville

If you get leather sun visors. They will have black stitching, not deviating yellow. I had researched this a long time ago.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:21 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Funny. To be fair, "we" seem to get info before dealers do, and full of speculation which is part of the experience, so SA's get to be in the middle of all that and even the best ones don't while away hours in the configurator as many of us do.

As others have said, the configurator needs to be perfect and if it can't display something as it will really appear, say that. If 18-way seats don't have memory in these cars, say that. For my purposes, SA's don't need to know everything if the configurator works.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:26 PM
sho-one
Advanced

update...dealer says error code when entering LWBs, may not be available.

Hopefully this changes closer to my build date.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:55 PM
sho-one
Advanced

I know of a dealer that has an inbound V300 car w/Buckets that will be on the east coast in Mid November. Available at MSRP. Just not the color combo I'm looking for. PM me for details.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sho-one
update...dealer says error code when entering LWBs, may not be available.

Hopefully this changes closer to my build date.
Oh no! Was afraid that would be the case as the GT4 guys are saying as well.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder!!!!