Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 08:51 PM
taibo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Redflections on the windshield too. That was one of the issues I had with my 991 c2s... w Carrera red full leather. And why I'm going great w boring black this go-round...
Old 11-01-2015, 11:10 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
just one extra reference point.. there is another review video on Dutch Autoweek with a silver spyder with the red interior. The car has the leather stitched steering column and it's red. (It also has the leather red sun visors but I think we can comfortably know those are red by now.) I've seen 3 pics online of red interior spyders at this point with leather steering columns and they have all been red. I can safely surmise at this point that despite what Porsche's internal configurator says, and what PCNA tells my SA... that the sun visors AND the steering column are red leather (pic attached.)

now, the only item remaining in question are the inner leather door sills... and whether those are red? I have yet to see anyone with the red interior who was crazy enough to spend money on those outside of myself...

Makes a potentially annoying reflection in the tach.
Well I would have joined you in the asylum if I knew they were going to be red; I asked about them here and was advised black. I'm happy about the red column and visors because I bought them based on photos here even though some were saying those would be black too. I just wish I got the key case and splurged on the LWBs and PTS which would have brought my build to 110k+ but I didn't have a chance to sit in them and I didn't want to order a color based on a sample chart on the internet. This whole process was a gamble so I was hedging. Anyways 4 weeks and hopefully I'll be driving around manhattan in a silver and red spyder!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

I've seen 3 pics online of red interior spyders at this point with leather steering columns and they have all been red. I can safely surmise at this point that despite what Porsche's internal configurator says, and what PCNA tells my SA... that the sun visors AND the steering column are red leather (pic attached.)
Thanks for nailing down the steering column color. It's a pity the dealers don't have accurate info. and it requires this type of internet detective work to correct the misinformation from Porsche itself. Par for the course!

I think the red column looks great. Kudos to all that ordered it. As previously mentioned by others, it's a fairly reasonably priced option in the Porsche world when you consider the amount of leather involved and the visual impact it makes IMO.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:52 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 942 Posts

wonder why they are missing the gt3 lwb's "pillow"?

Only US specced LWB get the pillow.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:23 AM
martinmp42
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can snap the pillows off in no time. I did that in my GT3 LWBS.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:32 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

The car has the leather stitched steering column and it's red. (It also has the leather red sun visors but I think we can comfortably know those are red by now.) I've seen 3 pics online of red interior spyders at this point with leather steering columns and they have all been red. I can safely surmise at this point that despite what Porsche's internal configurator says, and what PCNA tells my SA... that the sun visors AND the steering column are red leather (pic attached.)

Should be able to confirm leather column is red tomorrow
Old 11-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Should be able to confirm leather column is red tomorrow
Fantastic!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:50 PM
SteveInNj
Intermediate

I went for the leather instrument surround. I would have gone for the sunvisors as well but, like many of you, received info from my SA from PCNA, and "they will be black." I did not want the column.

The good news is the visors are easy to replace. But if you are considering the column, better make sure it is in your order! It is not so easy to replace.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:11 PM
il pirata
Banned

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Car received Xpel clear bra treatment right at the dealership before pickup. Can't even tell there is a clear bra on it, amazing job by Town Porsche in Englewood. If you need anything, go see Jon Wein at Town...he is the man!

Some quick iPhone Pics from delivery today...
Did you do the whole car or just part of it? I am a little concerned that if you clear bra part of the car it might not match where it is not done given the nature of GT Silver to change due to lighting and angles.

Can you say what the cost was?

It looks like they wrapped around the edge etc but cannot tell from the picture.
Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2015, 08:15 PM
il pirata
Banned

Same picture as above different question, anybody seen a Spyder with a US license plate on the front? Having a cup of coffee this morning and almost lost it realizing I had not told the dealer no front license plate...got to them before they got to the car.

I do not see how you could mount one in the front without messing up the look, cannot go too low with the center radiator. Looks like a tow hook kit if I get a ticket.
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:38 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata

I do not see how you could mount one in the front without messing up the look, cannot go too low with the center radiator. Looks like a tow hook kit if I get a ticket.
Front plate will mess up the look. If you get pulled over, it's a 'fix it' ticket; non-moving violation. I get that quite a bit in S2000! :-) Don't mind getting pulled over and keep paying the fines!!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:41 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
Front plate will mess up the look. If you get pulled over, it's a 'fix it' ticket; non-moving violation. I get that quite a bit in S2000! :-) Don't mind getting pulled over and keep paying the fines!!
tow hook kit is perfect solution no? i see people in the city pop it on when they park, and just unscrew it when they move and put it in the frunk.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:23 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

tow hook kit is perfect solution no? i see people in the city pop it on when they park, and just unscrew it when they move and put it in the frunk.
But, why bother? Not all cops are that overzealous! You aren't gonna get pulled over enough to warrant bothering with extra work all the time. You will be fine. However, I do admit, cops do pull me over on a regular basis, in different cities! I get lectured all the time. As long as you can deal with those, I would say forget about it!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
But, why bother? Not all cops are that overzealous! You aren't gonna get pulled over enough to warrant bothering with extra work all the time. You will be fine. However, I do admit, cops do pull me over on a regular basis, in different cities! I get lectured all the time. As long as you can deal with those, I would say forget about it!
Yes, I forgot that the environment in which I drive is quite different from most peoples. San Francisco cops don't care if you inject yourself with heroin on the street, but you park with your wheels turn in the wrong direction and the whole wrath of hell falls upon your windshield in the form of multiple $200 infractions… Not having a front license plate is one of their favorites, ask me how I know…
Old 11-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Sportwagen
Instructor

I’ve never really understood this ... The plates on tow hooks look terrible, IMHO, much worse than a properly mounted plate. And if you only put it on while you’re parking, then your car looks terrible only when you can see it, and it looks great when you’re inside it and can’t see the front bumper anyway ...

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder!!!!