Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2022 | 12:36 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

I'm in Paris now. Pretty much normal. Everything open. Full capacity. Virtually all stores require masks. Most people back in the office. Restaurants and Bars require Passe Sanitaire, QR code on phone (or paper)showing all shots (booster required for everyone over 15) or recent negative test. Same in Germany.
Old 02-11-2022 | 01:16 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ragerard
I'm in Paris now. Pretty much normal. Everything open. Full capacity. Virtually all stores require masks. Most people back in the office. Restaurants and Bars require Passe Sanitaire, QR code on phone (or paper)showing all shots (booster required for everyone over 15) or recent negative test. Same in Germany.
thanks, however, that’s not what I would call ‘pretty much normal’, but I guess it’s all relative.
Old 02-11-2022 | 11:45 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Also heard from Joey a couple of days ago about semi-conductor shortage causing production delays. I had my GT3T Zuffenhausen ED scheduled for early May 2022 back in Dec, but Joey advised me to take June or July dates instead due to production delays. So for now I moved my ED to first week of June. My build (PTS/EM) just completely locked and should be scheduled for Production in two weeks time. We'll see if anything changes in the next few weeks.
Old 02-20-2022 | 08:37 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know if ED is available right now for a Spyder? Who is the best person at porsche to contact to find out?
Old 02-20-2022 | 10:24 AM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by subshooter
I'm following this thread. I've done two EDs with Porsche and planning for a third in the 992GT3 next year. Crossing fingers that we can get these vaccines rolled out asap.

ED is still listed as an option on the Porsche configurator.
Originally Posted by poofyo101
Does anyone know if ED is available right now for a Spyder? Who is the best person at porsche to contact to find out?
Do you already have an allocation?
in any case, your sales advisor or your dealership should be able to advise you, but otherwise, you could always contact Porsche if North America to inquire:
European.Delivery@porsche.us
Old 02-20-2022 | 06:31 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Do you already have an allocation?
in any case, your sales advisor or your dealership should be able to advise you, but otherwise, you could always contact Porsche if North America to inquire:
European.Delivery@porsche.us
Yes I have an allocation already. Lock date is in about 2 weeks. My dealership hasn't been very knowledgable in this regard.
Old 02-28-2022 | 07:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Our Macan GTS was built 02-25-22, the only pickup date is 04-28-22, so we took it.

Hopefully Klaus’s disciples will lift the last mandates before then.
Old 02-28-2022 | 07:29 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Our Macan GTS was built 02-25-22, the only pickup date is 04-28-22, so we took it.

Hopefully Klaus’s disciples will lift the last mandates before then.
Love it. My Cayenne Turbo is entering production next month and was given early June as my option which I quickly accepted. Waiting to hear back with final confirmation on specific date and hopefully docusign to lock this in, fingers crossed...
Old 02-28-2022 | 07:37 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

My GT4 is currently scheduled to be finished May 13. I was offered Lepizig dates in mid-July, but opted for August 25.
The following users liked this post:
TRAKCAR (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022 | 08:18 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Love it. My Cayenne Turbo is entering production next month and was given early June as my option which I quickly accepted. Waiting to hear back with final confirmation on specific date and hopefully docusign to lock this in, fingers crossed...
We also have two more cars to pick up that are June builds, GT4 in Zuffenhausen and Cayenne GT in Leipzig again
Filling in Docusign stuff today for the Macan.
Old 03-01-2022 | 09:58 AM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

I would suggest you consider picking up the GT4 in Leipzig. In Leipzig you get about 45 minutes of track time in a factory car like yours, with a pro instructor in the right seat. There's nothing like that in a Zuffenhausen delivery.
Then, what I've done is drive my new car down to Stuttgart the same day (about 4-41/2 hours), have dinner at the Christophorus Restuarant at the Porsche museum in Zuffenhausen (great steaks, excellent wine list), then do a factory tour of the Zuffenhausen plant in the am.
Old 03-01-2022 | 10:23 AM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Planning our first ED delivery, still awaiting a build date, but placed the order a couple months ago for our 2022 Macan S (Canada). Selfishly hoping the Cargo ship mishap doesn't push my delivery back too far. And related to the OP, was originally looking to do one with BMW but they have cancelled their ED for Canadian customers due to the pandemic.
Old 03-01-2022 | 02:16 PM
readydiverone
Racer

To those who have done ED before, can someone please please help me understand the financial and insurance aspects of the transaction?

I am locked to pick up my CS2MT cabriolet June 22, 2022. My dealer is telling me I have to pay for the car state-side before Porsche will give it to me in Germany. Makes sense, but can I finance that purchase and, if so, with whom? My dealer is telling me only Porsche Financial Services will finance the transaction because the car is in Germany but I'm not sure I understand that since (a) I'm buying it in a US transaction and (b) PFS is part of Porsche North America, which is an American company. My dealer says no American bank will lend against the car without a title, but I will have the ownership paperwork and banks lend against car sales at the time of transaction all the time, so I'm confused. If I use PFS and rates make it financially efficient to do so, can I refinance the loan with an American lender when the car arrives in the US. What have people's experience been in that regard?

And what about insuring the car? Do I do that when I pay for it here in the US, while it's still in Germany? Can I do that, will USAA, for example, insure a car that is not in the US? Or do I wait until the car arrives here in the US to insure it, especially since Porsche provides insurance while the car is in Germany? And I assume I don't need to buy insurance for the shipping as that's included as part of the cost of that shipping, correct?

If someone could walk me through these issues I would be extremely grateful. Many thanks.
Old 03-01-2022 | 04:15 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Can't speak to the financing aspect, but as for insurance Porsche will cover the insurance as part of the ED from my understanding complementary up to 16 days, then you have options for more days but at a cost. You set up your own insurance once the car arrives at your dealer just like you would without ED
Old 03-01-2022 | 04:34 PM
Chadds
Intermediate

After a long wait and numerous changes in configuration it seems like my build is locked. According to TYD build is to be completed May 9th. I’ve opted for European delivery in Leipzig. Today I was offered a number of dates between July 5th and August 30th to pick up my dream car. I’m going to lock in that date in the next couple of days and start to plan my European driving adventures with my wife’s help! My car is a 911 C2GTS with the following build spec PNUDCQW2.

This is the end of a journey that began back In November of last year. I’m super excited.

Last edited by Chadds; 03-01-2022 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?