Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022 | 10:01 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Very encouraging news so far!! Very happy for anybody who is able to do a ED!!
Old 01-20-2022 | 01:33 PM
cpxchewy
Advanced

My dealer also said that Porsche wasn't doing ED when I submitted my GT4 build. I've emailed the Porsche ED team and if it's returned I'll definitely try to change my order to ED. My build complete is mid May and I would love to do a June ED.
Old 01-20-2022 | 02:28 PM
Lnthomas
Rennlist Member

Question Ive got a build date, for whatever it's worth

I received documents last week from Porsche North America for my ED scheduled for mid April 2022.. The fine print points out that they are moving forward as if this will happen, but advised this is not a firm order. I'll believe it when I'm notified it is ready for pickup. No factory tours, but not a surprise.
I am looking for a resource for hotels in Europe that offer security parking, or covered. Has anyone found a source for this information? Thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2022 | 06:09 AM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't worry about secure parking. The 5 star city hotels will all have very reliable valet parking. The country inns will generally have at least covered parking. And the high end ones will have a very secure property.
Old 01-21-2022 | 08:49 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Sad and Happy news - The good news is that I have a Zuffenhausen ED scheduled for my PTS GT3T on 28 June. Sad that my Build Completion CP8 date slipped 3 months from 25 March to 27 May but I suspect much of that was due to my CXX and also possibly more due to some "Hiccups" at PCNA complemented by PAG tardiness. Regardless, the happy news is that I have a Zuffenhausen ED date of 28 June. I was originally offered some early June dates but those were quickly amended to late June, which is disappointing, but in truth a late June delivery suits our schedule because my wife is a First Grade public school teacher and our county school calendar runs through the end of May. Just disappointing that we couldn't pick the car up during her Spring Break week.

Not withstanding ancient history .... we are planning to fly into Frankfurt and spend a couple days in Zuffenhausen (via train) before we pick up the car. From there, we will spend a night in Nuremburg before heading to Prague and then we will head to Munich for a couple nights before returning to Stuttgart to return the car. I have hotels arranged that have highly secure parking in Nuremburg, Prague and Munich. I have not financially confirmed anything yet because PCNA is recommending we wait until May to do so.

For what it is worth, I have high confidence that US EDs are being confirmed from early April in Leipzig and early May in Zuffenhausen. There may be US EDs earlier than that but those are the earliest dates I am confident about. I hope everyone who wants an ED date gets one soon!!
Old 01-22-2022 | 07:33 PM
Borg1of5
Instructor

I’m from Canada and I have so far April 14th delivery date in Leipzig for my PTS 718 Spyder 🤞🏻
Old 01-23-2022 | 06:49 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

I have a completion production date 0f 4/22/22 for my GT3 - still no conformation on pick up ( Requested July 18th ) ---- Any suggestions ?
Old 01-23-2022 | 07:19 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I’ve just ordered a GT4, Panamera GTS and Macan GTS all for April - May production and all ED.
Hopefully Germany gets off their renewed totalitarian approach with the Wuhan flue and they go back to normal (and not to war this time), before it’s time to go get the cars. Worst case I can always not go and ship the cars here, but it seems UK is now back to normal and other countries I would think will have to follow suit soon..I wouldn’t mind going to Anglesey and Isle of Man again :-)

The GT4 will stay in Germany a little longer hopefully to do more track days and the other two I’ll do they usually 2 weeks or maybe a month. TBD..
I’ll post here what I find out on dates as I receive them.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 01-23-2022 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-23-2022 | 11:35 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’ve just ordered a GT4, Panamera GTS and Macan GTS all for April - May production and all ED.
Hopefully Germany gets off their renewed totalitarian approach with the Wuhan flue and they go back to normal (and not to war this time), before it’s time to go get the cars. Worst case I can always not go and ship the cars here, but it seems UK is now back to normal and other countries I would think will have to follow suit soon..I wouldn’t mind going to Anglesey and Isle of Man again :-)

The GT4 will stay in Germany a little longer hopefully to do more track days and the other two I’ll do they usually 2 weeks or maybe a month. TBD..
I’ll post here what I find out on dates as I receive them.
Pete,

Ive got an early May date confirmed for ED for the GT3. If it works out would be happy to connect. I’ve scheduled some RSR and Scuderia events.
Old 01-24-2022 | 08:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ I’m submitting build codes today and I’ll ask for the build date, as soon as I have that I’ll start planning at trip and book track days
I’ll check in when I know more, always fun to meet up with Rennlisters on euro tracks :-)
Old 01-25-2022 | 08:01 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

My GT4 was completed yesterday, and now it waits until May for me in Leipzig. I was given tentative dates of May 10 and 11. Waiting to hear if they are confirmed.

Old 01-27-2022 | 05:00 PM
npalacio
Rennlist Member

Interesting some of these confirmed ED responses. I just had a call today with exclusive manufacture for some options on my GT3 build and when I mentioned euro delivery that we had, she wanted to let me know there are still question marks around that being available. May build, July delivery.
Old 01-27-2022 | 05:14 PM
orca15
Pro

The ED coordinator told me directly he is doing reservations, not confirmations, as no decision has been made. He's just trying to keep some slots on hold in case the ED opens up for U.S.
Old 01-27-2022 | 05:51 PM
npalacio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orca15
The ED coordinator told me directly he is doing reservations, not confirmations, as no decision has been made. He's just trying to keep some slots on hold in case the ED opens up for U.S.
Gotcha.
Old 01-29-2022 | 06:03 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

I got my confirmation for May 11 yesterday along with a DocuSign request.

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?