Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023 | 11:36 AM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

A few ED observations. I've done 5 in the last five years. We live part time in France so what I like to do is keep the car there for the maximum time allowed (now 3 months, used to be 6 months).

Porsche charges the US dealer about $3000 (may have gone up a bit).

The dealer gets another allocation of the same car (but not a GT car). With a GT car they get a 911 or a 718 depending on which car the customer is buying.

There is virtually no extra paperwork or additional hassle for the dealer. The customer has some extra forms (mainly for the German plates and insurance). Joey-Bolton Rogers, head of ED at PCNA in Atlanta is very responsive and happy to deal direct with customers.

ED slots are very limited. European customers pay to get delivery at the factory and many do. US ED customers compete with the rest of the world for factory delivery slots. In Zuffenhausen, they recently had to move the delivery center to a smaller facility and there only 10 slots per day for all factory deliveries.

My experiences with how the dealer handles the $3000 charge have been very rational. When I've bought a car the dealer has plenty to sell like a Macan, they "eat" the $3000 charge. When I've bought a car they could charge ADM for, like a GT4, but charge me sticker, I pay the $3000. When they charge me an ADM, like for a GT4RS, they eat the $3000.
The following 2 users liked this post by ragerard:
Dubber (02-24-2023), toph4242 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-23-2023 | 06:09 PM
Sarper
7th Gear

Hey guys - My 992 turbo s have been confirmed, production has not started yet. it was supposed to be a ED but my dealer told me they have no allocation for ED anymore. Has anyone experiencing the same issue? thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2023 | 06:16 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sarper
Hey guys - My 992 turbo s have been confirmed, production has not started yet. it was supposed to be a ED but my dealer told me they have no allocation for ED anymore. Has anyone experiencing the same issue? thanks in advance!
European Delivery is fully booked for the year unfortunately. I received an allocation before Christmas, and originally was told that ED was booked until Late September. After being on the waitlist for about a month, I was able to get a cancellation spot for June... But now that we are heading into March, the rest of the year has been fully booked up at both locations. Id Still ask if you can include it in your build and offer to check in with the ED team directly every few weeks to ask about cancellation, but there is a chance they have such a long waitlist at this point that they may not accept. the order with it on there.
Old 02-23-2023 | 06:29 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I’d imagine the cancellation list is getting large at this point too.

You never know though, I was told no and then magically got into a cancellation.

like above says, contact ED directly.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (02-24-2023)
Old 02-23-2023 | 08:18 PM
Sarper
7th Gear

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any contact info for the ED team? I might want to reach out independently to them.
Old 02-23-2023 | 08:25 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sarper
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any contact info for the ED team? I might want to reach out independently to them.
Depends where you're located?
Old 02-23-2023 | 08:28 PM
Sarper
7th Gear

Charlotte NC
Old 02-23-2023 | 08:32 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

The guys name is Joey, search through this thread, you will find his info or someone can post it. Hes a good dude.
Old 03-15-2023 | 12:24 AM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by toph4242
European Delivery is fully booked for the year unfortunately. I received an allocation before Christmas, and originally was told that ED was booked until Late September. After being on the waitlist for about a month, I was able to get a cancellation spot for June... But now that we are heading into March, the rest of the year has been fully booked up at both locations. Id Still ask if you can include it in your build and offer to check in with the ED team directly every few weeks to ask about cancellation, but there is a chance they have such a long waitlist at this point that they may not accept. the order with it on there.
Not sure where you got that info but it's not true - until yesterday, Leipzig had not even released any ED dates beyond July. Apparently they release ED dates roughly five months ahead of time. For instance, Joey didn't get July Leipzig dates until sometime between 2/1 - 2/3 (unfortunately he only got 10 dates for July). And he was expecting to receive August Leipzig dates around 3/1 but in fact only got some just yesterday. Sept Leipzig dates have not been released yet - those may be released sometime in early April.
Old 03-15-2023 | 08:01 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobert75
Not sure where you got that info but it's not true - until yesterday, Leipzig had not even released any ED dates beyond July. Apparently they release ED dates roughly five months ahead of time. For instance, Joey didn't get July Leipzig dates until sometime between 2/1 - 2/3 (unfortunately he only got 10 dates for July). And he was expecting to receive August Leipzig dates around 3/1 but in fact only got some just yesterday. Sept Leipzig dates have not been released yet - those may be released sometime in early April.
First off, congrats... glad you got your spot!
Zuffenhausen is fully booked for the year... Leipzig, as you mentioned, is still opening up slots, but what I meant was people like you who have been in contact with the ED team for months are on a waitlist that will for sure fill up the remaining slots, so anyone that is just starting the process now and has yet to contact the team will be told that its "booked"... but that is why I mentioned that they should ask about cancelations... because people drop off the list all the time.
But even back in December Joey told me he was "booked through September" for Leipzig even though he had not received slots for June yet... he just was looking at the waitlist and projected number of spots... Whether or not the spots have been released, he was setting expectations, so people reaching out right now for the first time likely will be told no
Old 03-15-2023 | 12:01 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by toph4242
First off, congrats... glad you got your spot!
Zuffenhausen is fully booked for the year... Leipzig, as you mentioned, is still opening up slots, but what I meant was people like you who have been in contact with the ED team for months are on a waitlist that will for sure fill up the remaining slots, so anyone that is just starting the process now and has yet to contact the team will be told that its "booked"... but that is why I mentioned that they should ask about cancelations... because people drop off the list all the time.
But even back in December Joey told me he was "booked through September" for Leipzig even though he had not received slots for June yet... he just was looking at the waitlist and projected number of spots... Whether or not the spots have been released, he was setting expectations, so people reaching out right now for the first time likely will be told no
Thanks - for sure I'm extremely lucky in this case. I'd lost hope but still wasn't giving up trying until someone told me it was no longer possible to add an ED date.

I just wanted to set the record straight so ppl here have a proper understanding & don't lose hope in situations where there might be a sliver of it vs none. No matter who says it, it's technically incorrect to say Leipzig ED is booked for the year - it just doesn't work that way. I first contacted Joey about getting an ED slot on 1/16, the day I got my allocation. And for 8 weeks, I have been in contact with him on avg twice per week. At no time (thru 16 email replies) did he ever mention a waitlist - I can't say there isn't one, just sharing my own experience (since that's why we're here ). And he never told me it was "booked" - straight away, from first contact in January, he said he'd be getting limited slots for July in the beginning of Feb and that he would "try to squeeze me in". So while I was in contact w/him for 8 weeks before getting an ED date, I never got any indication that there was some sort of waitlist that was expected to cover all the ED slots he was likely to get for the rest of the year. Again, just sharing my experience - I realize everyone's experience isn't going to be the same, but we can at least accurately portray the Leipzig booking process (however messy it may be).

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?