Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022 | 07:16 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by readydiverone
To those who have done ED before, can someone please please help me understand the financial and insurance aspects of the transaction?

I am locked to pick up my CS2MT cabriolet June 22, 2022. My dealer is telling me I have to pay for the car state-side before Porsche will give it to me in Germany. Makes sense, but can I finance that purchase and, if so, with whom? My dealer is telling me only Porsche Financial Services will finance the transaction because the car is in Germany but I'm not sure I understand that since (a) I'm buying it in a US transaction and (b) PFS is part of Porsche North America, which is an American company. My dealer says no American bank will lend against the car without a title, but I will have the ownership paperwork and banks lend against car sales at the time of transaction all the time, so I'm confused. If I use PFS and rates make it financially efficient to do so, can I refinance the loan with an American lender when the car arrives in the US. What have people's experience been in that regard?

And what about insuring the car? Do I do that when I pay for it here in the US, while it's still in Germany? Can I do that, will USAA, for example, insure a car that is not in the US? Or do I wait until the car arrives here in the US to insure it, especially since Porsche provides insurance while the car is in Germany? And I assume I don't need to buy insurance for the shipping as that's included as part of the cost of that shipping, correct?

If someone could walk me through these issues I would be extremely grateful. Many thanks.

Depends on the individual policy of the bank or credit union you are planning to use (and likely your credit rating). PFS usually offers competitive rates, but there is no technical reason why you shouldn't be able to finance with whomever you want. I suggest you discuss it with your local bank loan officer. Relative to insurance, the previous response is correct that PAG will provide insurance coverage for the car while you are driving it in Europe and the insurance coverage also includes while in shipping transit. However, I recommend you also notify your own insurance company for supplemental coverage on the car.
Old 03-16-2022 | 02:39 PM
JAMilford
Racer

I believe that I have some good news to share. My car went into production V260 (CP 0.0) on 14 March ...... just a couple days behind schedule. It is still scheduled to enter the CXX shop on 25 March and to complete build on 01 April. However, I expect the 25 March/01 April dates to slip by a couple of days since the car was late to enter build by a couple days. I confirmed with PCNA that my Zuffenhausen ED date of 28 June was still good and that they expect the June DocuSigns to be sent out within a couple of weeks. After the docuSigns are completed, the VMS and TYD will be updated with the Planned and Expected dates for the ED (V998). I am very happy about the progress!!!

.............................10 February............................14 March
Event ....................Was Expected ........................Now Expected ..............Actual .
V250 (Fixed)...........11 February ..........................25 February ..................21 February
V260 (CP0).............04 March...............................11 March.......................14 March
V270 (CXX).............11 March...............................25 March
V300 (CP8).............18 March...............................01 April
V998 (Euro Del).......Blank....................................Blank (28 June being held)
Old 03-16-2022 | 02:46 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMilford
I believe that I have some good news to share. My car went into production V260 (CP 0.0) on 14 March ...... just a couple days behind schedule. It is still scheduled to enter the CXX shop on 25 March and to complete build on 01 April. However, I expect the 25 March/01 April dates to slip by a couple of days since the car was late to enter build by a couple days. I confirmed with PCNA that my Zuffenhausen ED date of 28 June was still good and that they expect the June DocuSigns to be sent out within a couple of weeks. After the docuSigns are completed, the VMS and TYD will be updated with the Planned and Expected dates for the ED (V998). I am very happy about the progress!!!

.............................10 February............................14 March
Event ....................Was Expected ........................Now Expected ..............Actual .
V250 (Fixed)...........11 February ..........................25 February ..................21 February
V260 (CP0).............04 March...............................11 March.......................14 March
V270 (CXX).............11 March...............................25 March
V300 (CP8).............18 March...............................01 April
V998 (Euro Del).......Blank....................................Blank (28 June being held)
Fingers crossed! Thanks for sharing the update as I have 6/10 confirmed by PAG and my SA but still no direct confirmation received on my end through email or DocuSign, even though my Cayenne Turbo has actually already been completed miraculously
Old 03-16-2022 | 07:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Practical question, how do you get to Leipzig?
Berlin is 2 hours away and Delta doesn’t go to Leipzig?

I received wrong stuff in my package, like a Taxi voucher for Stuttgart, etc.
Old 03-16-2022 | 08:53 PM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Train is fast and efficient. I’m taking the train from Munich to Leipzig.
The following 2 users liked this post by Borg1of5:
Dubber (03-17-2022), GrantG (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022 | 07:33 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by Borg1of5
I would suggest flying into Frankfurt and then taking the train to Leipzig (or Zuffenhausen for that matter). Agree completely that the train is fast, efficient, and very affordable.
Old 03-18-2022 | 07:16 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

I found it easier to fly into Frankfurt, then connect and take a plane to Leipzig, Lufthansa has several flights from FRA to LEJ (Halle) daily. The flight is short, 55 min.

Since I was flying from Vancouver to FRA on Lufthansa, they transferred my luggage for me and I picked them up at Leipzig. A taxi ride from Halle to the hotel is about 25 minutes (Steigenberger).

A train is a cheaper option, but that will take about 3.25 hours.

Old 03-18-2022 | 08:08 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Next June I plan to fly into Charles de Gaulle and take the train to Chessy. That way I can treat my wife to a few days at Euro Disney (she is a Disney fanatic) before the driving fun begins! We will then take a train from Chessy to Stuttgart to spend the night before taking another train to Zuffenhausen and picking up our GT3T the next morning. After 10 days of spirited driving fun throughout south-eastern Europe we will return to Zuffenhausen to drop off the car for shipping back home and then take a train from Zuffenhausen to Frankfurt to return to the US. We are looking forward to the trip very much!
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (03-24-2022)
Old 03-19-2022 | 10:19 AM
gator9_911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Borg1of5
Same. Flying to Frankfurt as it is a easy and Big hub for American Airlines. Taking train to Stuttgart. A think one leaves every 40 minutes.

My GT3 T has been done since 2/21. Selected and received my may 11 pickup date.

The Porsche team has been fantastic with everything thus far.
Old 03-19-2022 | 10:44 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

I took the train from Berlin to Leipzig, I don't recall it being 2 hours though. The hotel was a 5 min walk from the station. Very simple.

Last edited by JAM2; 03-19-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2022 | 06:50 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

I was told the taxi voucher is good in either city.

Then don't fly Delta.

Last edited by ExMB; 03-19-2022 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2022 | 01:07 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Finally! Just received official confirmation from Joey/PAG for a 6/10 Zuffenhausen pick-up
aggie57 (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022 | 09:03 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Finally! Just received official confirmation from Joey/PAG for a 6/10 Zuffenhausen pick-up
Congrats - excellent news!!!

Can I ask you when your car finished production (CP8)? My car started production one week ago but Joey won't confirm my Zuffenhausen delivery date just yet. Thanks!

Last edited by JAMilford; 03-21-2022 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2022 | 09:39 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMilford
Congrats - excellent news!!!

Can I ask you when your car finished production (CP8)? My car started production one week ago but Joey won't confirm my Zuffenhausen delivery date just yet. Thanks!
CP8 date was 3/10, so I got word approximately 11 days later
Mockingbird812 (03-22-2022)
Old 03-21-2022 | 11:02 PM
Cacou
Intermediate

Where can you see the production status of your vehicle? I have a May build for June European delivery, but I don't see anything in the MyPorsche portal yet.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?