Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2021 | 10:18 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jaronkai
I have done some research and was told ED costs the dealer about 3k so they may not have an incentive to offer a %off the MSRP. I’m looking at doing a ED in Aug-Sep 2021 and when i mentioned it to the SP he stated it shouldn’t be an issue with a build date around June. i hear if the dealer does do an ED then they may also get an extra allocation so a + for them. Questions are if anyone has ever done a ED and did they still receive a discount and what that discount was? Would you get more of a discount if you didn’t do ED? I’m looking at an 2021 standard (not PDK) Boxster GTS with about 2k in options. What do you think a reasonable discount would be on that vehicle? The dealers i spoke to didn’t seem like it would be an issue for ED around September-October 2021. I’m a first time porsche buyer. Thanks
I've done two EDs. Both cars, I got a 5% discount and they paid the $3k ED fee. It takes work but is doeable.
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (03-15-2022)
Old 01-31-2021 | 12:18 AM
incursion
Racer

I've had two dealers tell me that Porsche is not doing ED until after the fall. Has anyone confirmed this through a more definitive source?
Old 02-07-2021 | 03:31 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

I'm strongly considering trying to pull off a late september ED so starting to talk to dealers now. Nobody has told me that it is definitely NOT possible yet...
Old 02-07-2021 | 05:01 PM
incursion
Racer

Originally Posted by slc4s
I'm strongly considering trying to pull off a late september ED so starting to talk to dealers now. Nobody has told me that it is definitely NOT possible yet...
That's pretty much when I'm trying to do it as well. Please let me know if you hear anything.
Old 02-07-2021 | 05:30 PM
gtme
Track Day

Originally Posted by incursion
That's pretty much when I'm trying to do it as well. Please let me know if you hear anything.
Same would love a gt4.
Old 02-13-2021 | 01:31 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Fingers crossed and monitoring this...

Such a fluid situation worldwide makes it understandably very hard to plan, but thinking of speccing a Cayenne Turbo. Would love to take advantage and do a euro delivery in September
Old 02-16-2021 | 07:03 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Just as an update for anyone interested, it looks like it's at least an option that is able to be accepted when placing an order

Working with Joey @ PCNA and my sales guy to fully validate and confirm that it would be available obviously pending worldwide travel restrictions and covid situation, seems like I might have a date as early as 6/19 that it could be done... Still seems like a bit of a moonshot, but if I'm speccing a new Porsche want to try for it
Old 02-23-2021 | 10:21 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Here is the story fellas as of 2/23. I am posting an email conversation from PCNA European Delivery department.

Good Evening Mr. XXXX,

That’s exciting news! At the moment, Germany’s lockdown was extended to March 7th and the delivery centers are closed. PCNA plans to resume deliveries in June if the travel restrictions are lifted or allow US customers to travel. Deliveries are being scheduled for June and July at both locations, with the understanding that travel will depend on the covid situation. Based on my limited knowledge, the new 992s will not be eligible for delivery until possibly mid-September.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Joey Bolton-Rogers

Special Delivery Programs Manager
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Phone: 404.698.9186
Fax: 770.290.1084

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:42 PM
To: Delivery, European, AMERICAS (PCNA) <European.Delivery@porsche.us>
Subject: European Delivery for the new 992 GT3

Good evening –

I have done two European Deliveries with your predecessors and looking to do a third this summer in the new 992 GT3. I was told by my dealership that I will get a June built car (I am first on their list) but that I cannot do a European Delivery at this time unless I have dual citizenship.

Is this true? Is Porsche still allowing ED in both Leipzig and Stuttgart and will my access to the country and your facility be available to me? Thank you.

Mark
The following users liked this post:
MaxLTV (02-24-2021)
Old 02-23-2021 | 11:47 PM
Mooseman_NJ
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
From dealer reps I gather that BMW and AUDI have permanently stopped.

Not clear about Porsche, Volvo and Mercedes but they are all on pause for the moment, some say, never to return.

Did it get cancelled as the New Normal?
anyone have any insight?

Many new German cars I’d like to get but I’ll get used or US a built, if no ED.
Hi,
I had reached out to the Porsche ED information center and got the following response.Thank you for your interest in the Porsche European Delivery Program. At the moment, we are not able to schedule deliveries before June 2021 due to the Covid-19 travel restrictions. The factory at Zuffenhausen has a strict storage timeline of 8 weeks from the date of vehicle completion. Therefore, all vehicles not delivered in that timeframe will be shipped to the US. We are hopeful that June will see a normalized delivery experience, but that is still to be determined and based on several factors.

The program works by allowing you to take special delivery of any of our models at either of our German factory locations and then drive the vehicle across Europe as you please. We provide a complimentary hotel for the night before your delivery as well as transportation from the hotel to the factory. We also provide the insurance and registration for 16 (complimentary) up to 90 days (at which point the car must be sent to the U.S.). Once your trip has concluded, you can drop the vehicle off at any of our drop off locations and it will be shipped to the U.S. just as an ordered vehicle would be if you were taking a U.S. dealer delivery. You would then take re-delivery at your U.S. dealer once it has made the trip back overseas.

To initiate the process, you would speak with your preferred sales person with a model and an idea of when you would like to schedule the delivery. Your delivery date will be dependent on when your order is placed and on the production schedule of your vehicle. We generally advise to place your order twelve to sixteen weeks before your preferred delivery time frame. If you’ve already placed an order with the dealership, please send us the commission number, and we will be able to provide potential delivery date options. It will take five to ten weeks after the car has been returned to Porsche for exporting before it arrives at your U.S. dealer.

Here is a breakdown of the program at both factory locations:

Zuffenhausen (Stuttgart):

Factory Tour

Vehicle delivery by a trained instructor

Lunch

Entry into the Porsche Museum

One night hotel stay

Taxi vouchers to and from the factory

16 days of vehicle insurance

Vehicle Registration

16 days of winter tires (if necessary)

Leipzig:

Factory Tour

Vehicle delivery by a trained instructor

Lunch

Test Track and Off-Road Track Experience

One night hotel stay

Porsche shuttle to and from the factory

16 days of vehicle insurance

Vehicle registration

16 days of winter tires (if necessary)

***Please not that due to Covid-19, there are restrictions in place for US travelors.***

I have also attached a PDF copy of our European Delivery brochure and our additional drop off location options.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any specific questions you may have. I look forward to helping schedule your delivery!

Joey Bolton-Rogers

One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Email: PEC.Delivery@porsche.us
Old 02-24-2021 | 12:32 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Everyone is aiming for late September. Hope it works out. It's going to be a bit crowded. Rennlist reunion?
Old 02-24-2021 | 07:45 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
Here is the story fellas as of 2/23. I am posting an email conversation from PCNA European Delivery department.

Good Evening Mr. XXXX,

That’s exciting news! At the moment, Germany’s lockdown was extended to March 7th and the delivery centers are closed. PCNA plans to resume deliveries in June if the travel restrictions are lifted or allow US customers to travel. Deliveries are being scheduled for June and July at both locations, with the understanding that travel will depend on the covid situation. Based on my limited knowledge, the new 992s will not be eligible for delivery until possibly mid-September.

Joey Bolton-Rogers

One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:42 PM
To: Delivery, European, AMERICAS (PCNA) <European.Delivery@porsche.us>
Subject: European Delivery for the new 992 GT3

Good evening –

I have done two European Deliveries with your predecessors and looking to do a third this summer in the new 992 GT3. I was told by my dealership that I will get a June built car (I am first on their list) but that I cannot do a European Delivery at this time unless I have dual citizenship.

Is this true? Is Porsche still allowing ED in both Leipzig and Stuttgart and will my access to the country and your facility be available to me? Thank you.

Mark
I think realistically we're looking at 2022 for international travel to become more reliable and predictable. I travel for work and am not planning on any EU trips this year, now I read that many people in Germany are refusing the AstraZeneca vaccine which will delay their inoculation program significantly.
Old 02-24-2021 | 08:06 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the updates, I’ll go to Europe in June and see what the world looks like then, pickup a car if they are open.
Hopefully they will go back to 6 months and not the 3 month max they did in 2019.
Old 02-24-2021 | 01:00 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

My Zuffenhausen euro delivery was just confirmed by Porsche for 7/30-8/13 assuming we are actually allowed to enter Germany and pickup the car as US citizens FWIW, got the official email

In red lettering they include this: European travel restrictions are dependent on an individuals’ passport, so Porsche cannot advise a customer if they can travel to Germany or not.

Information can be found here: https://www.germany.info/us-en/-/2320738 (no idea what the link is)

Won't book any flights or anything corresponding to the trip anytime soon, fallback plan is to do an "American" delivery with the car and road trip if for whatever reason we can't make it to Germany
Old 02-24-2021 | 01:22 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

I was originally planning on picking up a 2021 992 Targa 4S in May at Stuttgart as I did in April 2016 for my 2017 991.2 Targa 4S. As we now know, looks like a May delivery is probably out. So my new idea is for late September-early October delivery like several have mentioned, however, I want a 2022 if I have to wait that long. I also talked to Joey at PCNA ED and he was very helpful but doesn’t have good info yet on when the actual model changeover from 21’sto 22’s will be. The model switchover always used to happen after the August factory shutdown but with COVID that may not be scheduled that way this year. Does anyone have any good info on this by chance?
Old 03-23-2021 | 05:51 PM
pw-sherman
Instructor

I was informed today that my July 5th ED has been cancelled and the car can either be shipped to the dealership or PECLA instead.

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?