Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to run another practice session tonight, same Bat Time/Bat Channel as Tom's (7:30 PM EDT - Rennlist Practice @ Lime Rock - pw: rennlist).

Checking results from last night's session, it looks like times are fairly close. I don't expect to improve my PB too much, but it looks like my consistency is getting better.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I'm going to run another practice session tonight, same Bat Time/Bat Channel as Tom's (7:30 PM EDT - Rennlist Practice @ Lime Rock - pw: rennlist).

Checking results from last night's session, it looks like times are fairly close. I don't expect to improve my PB too much, but it looks like my consistency is getting better.
Sweet. Ill be there. I was going to work on my setup anyway. I think this weeks race is going to be a blast.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GuyIncognito's GrandAm series update (as if anyone cares):

my streak of races with idiotic contact is intact at 5, this time couresy someone who decided to drive diagonally across the braking zone into the bus stop at Daytona right in front of me, while I had about a 50 mph closing speed.

the bad news is, I was in the low split race (which probably explains some of the stupidity); the good news is I was able to salvage a 4th (thanks again to the low split race!)

I need to get my irating above 2k and keep it there to avoid this nonsense.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

No quarter setup from yesterday is good for a 47.8 lap probably lower.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:26 AM
dodint
Intermediate

I've had my back against the wall with finals, still only have 4 laps in. Should be able to make it tonight though. Will probably need to grab a set off someone since I'm still using a stock setup.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
GuyIncognito's GrandAm series update (as if anyone cares):

my streak of races with idiotic contact is intact at 5, this time couresy someone who decided to drive diagonally across the braking zone into the bus stop at Daytona right in front of me, while I had about a 50 mph closing speed.

the bad news is, I was in the low split race (which probably explains some of the stupidity); the good news is I was able to salvage a 4th (thanks again to the low split race!)

I need to get my irating above 2k and keep it there to avoid this nonsense.

Yup, the level of f--kwittery seems to have gotten higher in Official Races lately, almost regardless of split. You'd think in the advanced cars/series you wouldn't see drivers with brainlock who don't even know how to re-enter the track, but as one who spectates a lot of races, it's a common malady.

In other news, I did several 20 minute fuel runs last night. It looks like race fuel will be at least 4 gallons (possibly 5 if you torture the rev limiter). I haven't improved my PB, but I can run consistant mid/high 48s and low 49s if I keep my nose clean. Should be a good race.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:45 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Doh wish I had seen this, I could have joined but opted to take the night off. I'll be on tonight, probably at the beginning as despite some decent times I don't feel comfortable with the car which will only be solved by seat time.

I've been iracing even less than normal after I bought a BRZ and have been trying to find excuses to go drive it around to hurry up and finish the break-in period despite my travel time away from the car.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
Doh wish I had seen this, I could have joined but opted to take the night off. I'll be on tonight, probably at the beginning as despite some decent times I don't feel comfortable with the car which will only be solved by seat time.

I've been iracing even less than normal after I bought a BRZ and have been trying to find excuses to go drive it around to hurry up and finish the break-in period despite my travel time away from the car.
you got a BRZ?!?!?!!

sweet! great little car. what are your plans for it? street, track, autocross, all of the above?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:18 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Mainly its my daily driver. I will autocross it locally but right now I co-drive a nationally competitive WRX in SCCA RTA class so no plans to jump ship. Strangely enough, apparently some people are voting for me to win the class at nationals, so I'm hoping they are right. The BRZ really does live up to the hype IMO and there was a lot of hype. It's not perfect but it has that magic that its hard to explain but easy to understand once you drive it.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

against my better judgement I'm going to hop in to an 80 minute GA race at Daytona starting at 4, so I'll be a bit late joining you guys.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Woot! Practice yielded a podium. I probably put in 100 laps this week, never really improving my PB from low to mid 48s, but worked on running steady, consistent laps. Looks like we had a good start, everyone getting through T1. Settled into 5th and just tried to run steady laps, hitting my marks every lap. Attrition up front helped, but I feel like I am really improving running with you guys.

As always, a great time.

Oulten Int'l No Chicane next week, right?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:36 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

yep!

man this car is a handful.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Woot! Practice yielded a podium. I probably put in 100 laps this week, never really improving my PB from low to mid 48s, but worked on running steady, consistent laps. Looks like we had a good start, everyone getting through T1. Settled into 5th and just tried to run steady laps, hitting my marks every lap. Attrition up front helped, but I feel like I am really improving running with you guys.

As always, a great time.

Congrats, you did well!

Sounds good for next week.

I was very pleased with the outlook of this race as I pushed Justin harder and harder I would make small mistakes lose some ground to him and then catch up again but he got the first big mistake that cost position and time and then a glitch that cost him the race. I was doing well until the final lap and nearly spun at the hill but recovered in time to keep the lead but losing 12 seconds of the lead. Should be interesting next week, yet another track I haven't driven so it should be fun.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:58 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Just ran about 25 laps at Oulten...scary fast track! Watch out at Turn 4, Island Bend...it's real easy to get overconfident there. Also Turn 7, Knickerbocker; I understand now why the modern track put a chicane there. Get it right and you can knock a lot of time off your lap. Get it wrong and...

1:26+ after one session, Optimal is mid 1:25.

I'm using my setup from last night while familiarizing myself with the track.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:54 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

yep Oulton Park is a great track.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread