Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I used my car as a snowplow to flip Russell over.

oops

ah well, next week....
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito

oops

ah well, next week....
Saw that, and forgot to video it for you. My bad breh
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Saw that, and forgot to video it for you. My bad breh
eh, no biggie.

I was trying to push him out of the way, like you can with the MX5; didn't work.

next week...

The Daytona 50, a 20 lap stock car race at Daytona (since the 500 will be the following weekend). most likely fixed setup. maybe HOF setup.

should work out to roughly a 20 minute race...I love it when a plan comes together.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Elena7856
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doods.. Bless you all West Coasters that hang together, its really enlightening.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 4WHLDRFTN
great race justin, were did you get the supercharger?

t. marsh
You too Terry. I found the supercharger at Daytona! It took me a while practising there to come to grips with the car. I saw you launch past 4 cars and into the lead before T1. We must have had different gearing, but that start really picked you up a bunch of positions.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito

oops

ah well, next week....
Luckily, I was strapped in pretty tight, and didn't hurt my head too bad
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
You too Terry. I found the supercharger at Daytona! It took me a while practising there to come to grips with the car. I saw you launch past 4 cars and into the lead before T1. We must have had different gearing, but that start really picked you up a bunch of positions.
Clearly one of us was not using Justin's setup because he made us look silly on the start.

Good race last night. I was finally getting comfortable near the end and was trying to make that charge for 2nd but a couple mistakes left me a hair short. My bone headed spin on the first lap didn't help any.

Stock cars could be interesting, have to say I've never even touched an oval race or a stock car but I can see it being fun.

Andy
Old 02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Clearly one of us was not using Justin's setup because he made us look silly on the start.

Good race last night. I was finally getting comfortable near the end and was trying to make that charge for 2nd but a couple mistakes left me a hair short. My bone headed spin on the first lap didn't help any.

Stock cars could be interesting, have to say I've never even touched an oval race or a stock car but I can see it being fun.

Andy
with the new Daytona build just released (and the 500 races just around the corner) there are TONS of hosted practice sessions. join one and try to get in the draft. it's a totally different experience (and skill set) compared to road racing, and a lot of fun.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 238 Posts

I am going to VIR for the first time in April. I noticed that VIR is available on iRacing. Do you guys think it would be reasonable to join just so I can get simulated practice laps? Any caveats to be aware of?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I am going to VIR for the first time in April. I noticed that VIR is available on iRacing. Do you guys think it would be reasonable to join just so I can get simulated practice laps? Any caveats to be aware of?
Right now it's $12.00 for 3 months so if you have a reasonably strong computer and a wheel pedal setup it's a no brainer to join. You will have to purchase VIR but can run a Mazda Cup around there to get the feel of it. Be sure to put my email in as a reference so I get credits too..
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Right now it's $12.00 for 3 months so if you have a reasonably strong computer and a wheel pedal setup it's a no brainer to join. You will have to purchase VIR but can run a Mazda Cup around there to get the feel of it. Be sure to put my email in as a reference so I get credits too..
Sounds great,....PM me your email.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any caveats to be aware of?
Yes.... you might get hooked on it and decide to renew your membership long after it has served its purpose in providing you practice laps at VIR.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
Yes.... you might get hooked on it and decide to renew your membership long after it has served its purpose in providing you practice laps at VIR.
Just what I need,...another way to spend more time on the computer. :bang head:
Old 02-18-2012, 05:32 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

PM LolaMan, he's a big iracing proponent and a driver coach based at VIR; he can give you the good and bad in inch-perfect detail.

but from the tracks I've driven IRL and on iracing, they're damn near spot on. iracing is a phenomenal platform.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Dave,
Yes, you have to do some sim time before going to a new track. The pros do it, so why shouldn't us weekend warriors do it? Yes, I work for iRacing but I really am a believer in sims. I ran hundreds of iRacing laps in the Solstice before my first trip to VIR and I was way ahead of the curve when I unloaded off the trailer.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread