Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Venom21
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I've read on other forums recently that Canada Porsches are subject first to approval by USA EPA. If this is true, you probably aren't seeing a 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid by June unless there is a miracle. Even the new 2019 Macans have yet to be approved by EPA, with lots of them sitting in US ports right now, I am told by dealers here. The US federal shutdown earlier this year really messed things up everywhere, and there's a big backlog.
Well hopefully you're wrong because my current lease is up at the beginning of July and I was promised a June Delivery lol.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:38 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Venom21
Well hopefully you're wrong because my current lease is up at the beginning of July and I was promised a June Delivery lol.
I have heard that Porsche sometimes extends leases month-by-month in cases like this, where you have an ordered car that is delayed...
Old 03-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Venom21
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I have heard that Porsche sometimes extends leases month-by-month in cases like this, where you have an ordered car that is delayed...
Even from other brands? If it is delayed I'm not expected much, probably a discount on maintenance, or if I'm lucky, a loaner.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:56 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Venom21
Even from other brands? If it is delayed I'm not expected much, probably a discount on maintenance, or if I'm lucky, a loaner.
no, if you have a Porsche lease...
Old 03-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My E-Hybrid went V260 today - "Vehicle Entry to Body Shop". It occured 3 days ahead of schedule. The tracking sheet still shows it arriving at the dealer on 5th of July, 2019. However my SA has a "memo" from Porsche saying not to expect it before the 6th of September, 2019.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:07 PM
sweis
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My Cayenne E- Hybrid went V260 as well. The timeline seems to look like it will arrive 5th of July as well. Im a little confused as to what the delay will be. My SA said that Porsche stated that the car can not be sold before September 6 even if its on the lot. Hopefully that date gets updated!
Old 04-04-2019, 11:13 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I'm hearing two things: (1) Porsche USA establishes for-sale dates for new models that dealerships have to adhere to, and these dates move around a fair amount, for whatever reasons (which may include EPA and CARB certifications; how many older models are sitting on dealership lots; etc.); and (2) EPA has not approved any 2019 Porsche E-Hybrids or 2019 Macans yet, apparently (which US Porsche employees keep attributing to retribution for deiselgate, as an ongoing thing aimed at VW Group cars). Dealerships are as frustrated as we are, because their sales sit in limbo.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Matt.Brown
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My E-Hybrid is scheduled to arrive in port (Houston) next week. It's more than a month ahead of production schedule that I was given when ordered in late January. I fully expect it to be held in port as my SA has communicated September delivery as well.

I've bought new E-hybrid models from a couple of manufacturers in my past, and am impressed with the honest and clear communication coming out of my dealer. As a virgin Porsche owner, I think they're off to a good start. I'll keep fingers crossed that the delivery timing can get accelerated. Stay tuned!
Old 04-07-2019, 01:43 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I already posted this in the 'discount' thread, but I thought I might as well put it here in case any potential hybrid customers are on the hunt for an allocation:

I received 8% off my E-Hybrid Custom-Order, and that includes PEC LA Delivery! And I'm sure he can do the same or better on a Base, S or Turbo trim.

My SA is on the east-coast; if you're seriously interested in ordering or getting any Cayenne, please PM me and I'll put you in contact with him. It'd be best if you're on the East Coast, but seeing that a few people have already PM'd me (which is partly why I'm posting this) and have ordered a car with my SA for PEC LA Delivery, I know he can get it done.

My only goal is to make enthusiasts happy as they purchase a new Porsche at a discount. A lot of dealers are already making enough from ADM on GT cars and jacked up money factors.

I also want to mention that my SA didn't attempt to mark up the money factor at all, he gave me the true buy-rate, so even if you think you're getting a great discount, check and double check the residual and money factors you're being quoted!
Old 04-22-2019, 10:30 PM
sweis
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone have any updates? Also, I need to have an electricitian bring power to where im going to mount a charger in the garage. What is the max voltage one should have for the charger?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:53 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My E-Hybrid is about 12 hours from the Panama Canal. It's on the "Zenith Leader" on it's way to San Diego. Usually, Portland cars would come into Benecia, but Porsche is keeping most of the west coast cars in a secure facility in San Diego until EPA and CARB approval. They still indicate a 6 September date at the Portland dealership.

As far as power, for a level 2 charging station, you need 240 Volt, 32 Amps. Use a 40 Amp breaker. If you upgraded to the 7.3 KW charger on the car this should fully charge the battery in about 2 1/2 hours.

I got the "hard-wired" version of the cable. You'll need to check what you ordered and tell your electrician if it's a hardwired cable, or plug-in. And if plug-in, which style of plug.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:06 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

reviving this thread with what some of you are probably already thinking....

My e-hybrid is supposed to arrive mid-September to a So Cal dealership. New 2020 S allocations are now available to dealers for delivery in October. What's the difference between a 2019 and 2020 S? They added a $3k out there orange color (i.e.- none). But... for resale... there's a big difference. Getting a 2019 e-hybrid within a month of new 2020 S models on the lot- you REALLY have to want it. And I do... but.... what do you think?
Old 05-06-2019, 04:30 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke

My e-hybrid is supposed to arrive mid-September to a So Cal dealership. New 2020 S allocations are now available to dealers for delivery in October. What's the difference between a 2019 and 2020 S? They added a $3k out there orange color (i.e.- none). But... for resale... there's a big difference. Getting a 2019 e-hybrid within a month of new 2020 S models on the lot- you REALLY have to want it. And I do... but.... what do you think?
I would have thought most important deciding factor for holding off for MY2020 is the 'white elephant in the room' - whether porsche would upgrade the battery capacity/range in view of WLTP test figures & how this challenges the numerous tax incentives previously offered - to the individual & also to the company - when it was tested against NEDC. Furthermore, numerous threads have shown battery longevity to be somewhat limited in previous model, much less than expected 8-10yrs.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:38 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke

Some people won't care, if it was me I'd be ticked. It'll be a big difference depreciation wise in 2-3 years. All things being equal, a 1-2 month newer 2020 will command thousands over a 2019.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:01 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I will never consider buying an ICE-only Cayenne or Panamera again, because my 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid is so amazing. I actually like my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid better than the couple of 2018 Panamera Turbos that I test-drove; performance-wise, they are very similar, but the E-Hybrid part of it is very fun and amazing technology, and I only go to gas stations once every 5 weeks or so on average, with this being my daily driver.

So for me, asking 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid vs. 2019 (or 2020) Cayenne S is the wrong question. The S costs more and isn't as good in performance.
The question for me would be waiting on a 2020 (or even 2021) E-Hybrid, because of the upgraded battery pack that has been announced that could have 10-30% longer range; it isn't clear to me if the upgrade will be in the 2020 models or the 2021 models. I heard that the upgrade is "coming next year" (via an Oliver Blume interview a couple months ago, posted online), which would suggest to me MY2021.

Last edited by cometguy; 05-06-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread