Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 05:01 PM
Islandbound
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
Do you live in one of those states covered?

My warranty booklet (2019 Cayenne) has no mentioning of the battery. Is it different for different years maybe?
It is not mentioned in the warranty information. My 2019 Cayenne Base was covered and I wasn't charged. The Porsche SA stated the batteries have a "defective internal switch" built into the batteries. Once the battery voltage drops below a certain level (snow storm & hard freeze in my case) the switch trips and cannot be reset even if the battery is still good. He stated Porsche is aware of the defect and ALL of these batteries are now under the Emissions Warranty. My local Porsche dealer would not submit the warranty claim even after I sent them the information and contaced PCNA. My husband and I towed my Cayenne to another dealer 1 1/2 hrs away to have it repaired under warranty.
The following 3 users liked this post by Islandbound:
Acid Green (05-14-2024), chassis (02-12-2024), Ironman88 (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 07:10 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Its getting more and more interesting every day!
Originally Posted by Islandbound
... He stated Porsche is aware of the defect and ALL of these batteries are now under the Emissions Warranty. My local Porsche dealer would not submit the warranty claim even after I sent them the information and contaced PCNA. My husband and I towed my Cayenne to another dealer 1 1/2 hrs away to have it repaired under warranty.
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 02-13-2024, 10:27 AM
ThaiGuy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjk25
Did those who eventually had battery replaced under the emission warranty even thou your reg warranty was expired, have to pay a diagnostic fee. Im quoted 499.00 to diagnose the issue before even talking about warranty possibility I'm in Palm beach fl. Still trying to figure out whats best to do..

Thanks for everyones help so far
No charge on every single item on my service write up.
The following 2 users liked this post by ThaiGuy:
Acid Green (05-14-2024), chassis (02-16-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 09:02 PM
vivalaReagan
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

Received the dreaded yellow battery fault yesterday evening. Called my SA first thing this morning and his advice was to bring it in immediately because they only had a couple of batteries on hand and getting replenishments would take a while. Based on this, if you’ve received the error, take your Cayenne in ASAP.

Oh, and zero pushback on anything. SA was completely up-to-speed on the issue and told me they had replaced several recently at N/C. The entire process took less than two hours.

Battery was replaced free of charge and the invoice stated the following:

“CUSTOMER STATES LOW BATTERY MESSAGE IS DISPLAYED ON INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE.Confirmed customer concern.

Followed steps in TI 2706.

Battery fault status shows "restricted performance capacity" replaced battery, coded gateway with new battery.”
The following 2 users liked this post by vivalaReagan:
Acid Green (05-14-2024), chassis (02-16-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 02:10 PM
MrIncredible
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 26 Posts

Wtf? Is your vehicle currently under warranty?
Old 02-15-2024, 02:29 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 485 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by vivalaReagan

Oh, and zero pushback on anything. SA was completely up-to-speed on the issue and told me they had replaced several recently at N/C. The entire process took less than two hours.

Battery was replaced free of charge and the invoice stated the following:

“CUSTOMER STATES LOW BATTERY MESSAGE IS DISPLAYED ON INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE.Confirmed customer concern.

Sounds like this is pretty common, and all Porsche dealerships CAN take this approach, but are choosing not to? This is why I do not get the Porsche dealership experience, there is so much contrast out there.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 02-15-2024, 02:40 PM
George718
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Sounds like this is pretty common, and all Porsche dealerships CAN take this approach, but are choosing not to? This is why I do not get the Porsche dealership experience, there is so much contrast out there.
When I spoke to the Execs at Porsche and Porsche NA, I told them exactly that. All they could say was sorry.
Ridiculous.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 03:25 PM
rjk25
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea seems most dealers just want to take customers money than warranty... I'm out of options call 3 dealers in south fl all not willing to entertain the idea of warranty .. in fact last one stated he replace 4 last week for 2050 for parts 466 labor plus tax. So at this point going to give the reflash a try from premier. Weekend project of removing battery and taking board off to send. Porsche for me never again
Old 02-16-2024, 03:30 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by rjk25
Yea seems most dealers just want to take customers money than warranty... I'm out of options call 3 dealers in south fl all not willing to entertain the idea of warranty .. in fact last one stated he replace 4 last week for 2050 for parts 466 labor plus tax. So at this point going to give the reflash a try from premier. Weekend project of removing battery and taking board off to send. Porsche for me never again
It's ridiculous that we have to do this... But it's nothing bad if you are a DIY type. Opening battery was a REAL pain,but after that it's really all very simple, like the rest of the process is 1 out of 5 difficulty. Don't forget to check voltage on real poles that you will see inside.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 05:43 PM
rjk25
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Shouldn't be a issue for me to do the battery. I got the lithium battery tender from ctek. was told to put battery one that while the chip is gone.

Thank you eveyone for all your replies and great info on this issue. I will let eveyone know how it goes
The following 2 users liked this post by rjk25:
chassis (02-16-2024), TonyM305 (02-16-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 01:29 PM
vivalaReagan
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MrIncredible
Wtf? Is your vehicle currently under warranty?
yes.

it’s a shame porsche na is allowing its brand to be sullied by such drastically different actions by its dealers.

Last edited by vivalaReagan; 02-17-2024 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:31 PM
George718
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

yes.

its a shame porsche na is allowing its brand to be sullied by such drastically different actions by its dealers.
Porsche NA is to blame here......the dealers are at their mercy as are we.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:55 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

yes.

it’s a shame porsche na is allowing its brand to be sullied by such drastically different actions by its dealers.
I agree but find this astonishing. If it is under warranty for anyone that means Porsche is willing to pay for it. If a dealer refuses to let them do it I think that means the dealer wants to gouge you for a higher price than Porsche is willing to pay them to do it or, even worse, they are getting reimburded by Porsche and charging you as well. I doubt Porsche would have been willing to pay for any of these which were past the full car warranty date uinless they were forced to by the Feds because they considered it part of the emissions system covered by a nine year warranty. If I'm right about that, I think a dealer refusing to procees this under thewarranty may very well be doing something illegal.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:59 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

I would suggest that anyone who has this issue and is told by a dealer that he has to charge them to do the work ask the dealer to put in writing that they have submitted it as a warranty claim to Porsche and were refused. I'd love to see if they would agree to put that in writing.
The following 3 users liked this post by beefchopper:
chassis (02-17-2024), George718 (02-17-2024), Ironman88 (02-17-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 08:38 PM
bobby davro
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all, loving the informative posts on the battery issues.
But i'm based in the UK and worry if the latest advice is purely US focused.... anyone had any luck getting battery resolved under warranty in the UK?
I don't think we have the emiission legislation or the limit of 6000 miles minimum usage.
So would love to hear any experiences from our members in the UK

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Battery