Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 09:32 PM
matthewr87
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 168 Posts

That's good news. Hopefully the tide is turning on this BS.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:44 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Islandbound
Update for those with a LiFePO4 battery. Porsche just replaced the battery in my 2019 Cayenne under the Emissions Warranty.
Great news @Islandbound ! If you would be wiling to post your service invoice, with your personal information redacted, it would help others to present the facts to their dealer service departments.
Old 02-08-2024, 11:22 PM
Islandbound
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Great news @Islandbound ! If you would be wiling to post your service invoice, with your personal information redacted, it would help others to present the facts to their dealer service departments.
I'm picking up the car Saturday and I'll definitely post the info. My local dealer would not attempt to get it covered stating the batteries are only supposed to last 4-5 yrs so I took it to another dealer. They were great! The SA stated all Porsche delaerships should be replacing them under the Emissions Warranty as Porsche is aware of the problem and they should last 7-10 yrs. He stated there's an "internal switch" on the battery that has to be reset if the voltage falls below a certain level and some of the batteries have faulty switches. They won't reset, even if the battery is still good.
The following 2 users liked this post by Islandbound:
agenthrk (02-09-2024), chassis (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 09:58 AM
George718
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Great news! But where does that leave the people like myself that were denied by Porsche and had to pay out of pocket?
Old 02-09-2024, 12:28 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George718
Great news! But where does that leave the people like myself that were denied by Porsche and had to pay out of pocket?
1. Call Porsche NA and please for reimbursement.
2. Letter from your lawyer threatening legal action. This will cost you a couple of hundred $ depending on your lawyer.
3. Initiate legal action, expecting to be unsuccessful. The cost of the battery replacement, aka your damages, equate to around 10 hours of lawyer time. Not a good business case in my view.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:29 PM
matthewr87
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by George718
Your only realistic hope is that this becomes a recall and Porsche reimburses individuals who suffered out of pocket costs as a result. I fear that reaching out to Porsche NA is probably a waste of time.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (02-10-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 07:36 PM
George718
Instructor

Originally Posted by matthewr87
Your only realistic hope is that this becomes a recall and Porsche reimburses individuals who suffered out of pocket costs as a result. I fear that reaching out to Porsche NA is probably a waste of time.
At the time I was in contact with the exec assistant to the CEO as Porsche NA was a waste of time. She was sympathetic but said at the time they wouldn't even be able to even help with the cost of the battery.
Shame on Porsche......i'm in the market for a new car later this year and it won't be another Porsche....BTW I let the exec assistant know that as well.....
The following 2 users liked this post by George718:
chassis (02-10-2024), Larson E. Rapp (02-12-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 03:41 PM
agenthrk
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm picking up the car Saturday and I'll definitely post the info. My local dealer would not attempt to get it covered stating the batteries are only supposed to last 4-5 yrs so I took it to another dealer. They were great! The SA stated all Porsche delaerships should be replacing them under the Emissions Warranty as Porsche is aware of the problem and they should last 7-10 yrs. He stated there's an "internal switch" on the battery that has to be reset if the voltage falls below a certain level and some of the batteries have faulty switches. They won't reset, even if the battery is still good.
Hi, does the Emissions Warranty really cover the battery? Looking at the booklet that came with the car it doesn't list the battery so how does this work? I have the battery low warning indicator and my dealer says the battery needs to be replaced because the sensor failed.

Also does it work in New Jersey? NJ is listed in the Emissions Warranty but wondering if every state has different rules. Thanks.
chassis (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 05:52 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by agenthrk
Hi, does the Emissions Warranty really cover the battery? Looking at the booklet that came with the car it doesn't list the battery so how does this work? I have the battery low warning indicator and my dealer says the battery needs to be replaced because the sensor failed.

Also does it work in New Jersey? NJ is listed in the Emissions Warranty but wondering if every state has different rules. Thanks.
Print the service invoices that people post on this thread, and show the reason codes to your service advisor. Similar concept to medical billing codes - you need the dealer to use the right reason code or repair code. They can play dumb and stonewall you, but if you have the data, simply show it to them to make their and your lives easier.
agenthrk (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 02:11 PM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by agenthrk

Emission Warranty is a Federal warranty so it should apply across the US. Dealers should well aware what it means and shouldn't give you a hard time about it as we start to get more success story on Rennlist.
chassis (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 03:06 PM
rjk25
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Did those who eventually had battery replaced under the emission warranty even thou your reg warranty was expired, have to pay a diagnostic fee. Im quoted 499.00 to diagnose the issue before even talking about warranty possibility I'm in Palm beach fl. Still trying to figure out whats best to do..

Thanks for everyones help so far
The following 2 users liked this post by rjk25:
chassis (02-13-2024), George718 (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by rjk25
Did those who eventually had battery replaced under the emission warranty even thou your reg warranty was expired, have to pay a diagnostic fee. Im quoted 499.00 to diagnose the issue before even talking about warranty possibility I'm in Palm beach fl. Still trying to figure out whats best to do..

Thanks for everyones help so far
$0 out of my pocket and my car is out of regular warranty and no other extended warranty. Asking for diagnose fee is ridiculous.
The following 2 users liked this post by Silververtu:
chassis (02-13-2024), Islandbound (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 04:20 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Do you live in one of those states covered?

My warranty booklet (2019 Cayenne) has no mentioning of the battery. Is it different for different years maybe?

Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 02-12-2024, 04:34 PM
George718
Instructor

Same here......My SA made it seem like I was illiterate when he mentioned reading it to me.
Islandbound (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 04:46 PM
Islandbound
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

2019 Cayenne
4 Yr/50K Warranty Expired 8/31/23
No Extended Warranty

As previously stated, my local Porsche dealer would not try to submit it under warranty, even after I sent them all the information. Per the local SA's own words, they are under the same regional management as the other Porsche dealer. He also stated they've replaced many of these batteries lately. The customer pays out of pocket and they will continue to charge the customer. I contacted Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) and the representative stated my local dealer should submit a warranty claim but PCNA "coundn't force them to do it". Bottom line, if your local Porsche dealer isn't interested in advocating for the customer, advocate for yourself and find another dealer.

The following 3 users liked this post by Islandbound:
Acid Green (05-14-2024), chassis (02-13-2024), Larson E. Rapp (02-12-2024)

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Battery