Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 05:03 PM
Andy2019
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I just get a normal battery from Walmart…
that’s called good options like my Lexus.

i just go to Walmart and switch out the battery myself in 15 minutes.

High end cars love scamming rich people
Old 03-27-2024, 06:40 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,381 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy2019
Can I just get a normal battery from Walmart…
that’s called good options like my Lexus.

i just go to Walmart and switch out the battery myself in 15 minutes.

High end cars love scamming rich people
From Porsche Technical Information document, attached:

“The installation of a standard AGM battery in Cayenne (9YA/9YB)/Taycan (Y1A)/911 Carrera (992) vehicles equipped with a lithium-ion battery is not permitted.
If a standard AGM battery is installed in the vehicle, a warning message will be displayed because there is no LIN communication. The power supply network switches to emergency operation.

So an AGM from Walmart might temporarily get you on your way if you are stranded. Not sure which systems are disabled in the emergency operation mode.

LIN stands for Local Interconnect Network, a simpler and cheaper version of the CAN bus. The LIN allows the battery to communicate with the vehicle’s Battery Energy Management (BEM) system. That is why you must register the new battery’s BEM code with PIWIS.

Read more about BEM here:
https://www.bannerbatterien.com/en/B...stop-batteries
Attached Images
Old 03-28-2024, 11:55 AM
Andy2019
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Porsche dealership and he gave me another battery number

i gave him my vin number

he said this battery number will work
9Y0 915 107 RYO … last 3 letters not sure if i heard correctly

below pic is my actual battery
Old 03-29-2024, 10:04 PM
shadetree_prjct
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

6 months after picking up my 2019 Base, I just got the dreaded error message, but everything works fine. Took it to Porsche Tysons Corner who didn’t even want to look at the car. “Batteries are back ordered. We have no idea how long it will be to get a replacement. We have another customer who has been waiting for over 30 days.”
Old 03-29-2024, 11:26 PM
starbreeze7
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine back after 1.5 months. (Dropped off mid Feb, got it back last week). It has to be shipped in from Germany. According to the S.A. Porsche just introduced a new batch of batteries with the correct sensor. It seems there's a problem with the battery sensor, and that's covered under the Emissions Warranty. They did test my battery to make sure it wasn't just a dead battery (that itself is not covered), but a problem with the sensor instead.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:50 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 306 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by shadetree_prjct
6 months after picking up my 2019 Base, I just got the dreaded error message, but everything works fine. Took it to Porsche Tysons Corner who didn’t even want to look at the car. “Batteries are back ordered. We have no idea how long it will be to get a replacement. We have another customer who has been waiting for over 30 days.”
After seeing/experiencing so much bull**** from Porsche and after driving several of new luxury vehicle brands/models, I have now decided on my next vehicle purchase later this year:

A 2025 BMW X5 M60i.. I couldn't find anything in my 9Y0 Cayenne S that felt better compared to the BMW 60i.

The latest Porsche V8s engines have poor tolerances, costly defective/poorly built/design parts, and burn oil like crazy.

Having to carry oil quarts with you and having to add 5 to [10(minimum for engine warranty claims)] quarts of oil every 10,000 miles oil intervals and having Porsche state that they only need to fill half-*** your engine oil (but charge you for full oil amounts) is a laughable insult to any vehicle owner with brains.

Having to buy and take with you a $2,200 Lithium LiFePO4 spare battery known to be defective for long trips, because Porsche take months to have one in stock and/or to deliver one is laughable and unheard among luxury brands/vehicles.. Who wants a vehicle that can get stranded for months because of defective batteries offered shamelessly by Porsche.

Charging $1,000+ for the Lithium battery installation labor and registration is an insult to all Porsche owners, since there is absolutely no difference than that for any AGM battery exchange and is so simplento petform..

My friends, many in my family, and now my wife drive BMW's are very happy with their vehicles and total ownerships, and now I can say BMW is way above Porsche on practically all aspects of vehicle ownership.

Porsche is not the same company that many of us knew decades ago, and although I like my 9Y0 Cayenne S ride, the Porsche company is just a shadow of what it was before, with now more corporate emphasis in extracting shameful deep profits from their loyal customers than providing a true luxury/technology experience.

The latest BMW and other brand engines and their overall vehicle offerings have come a long way and eclipses Porsche offerings in most everything but in shameful overpricing of all aspects of vehicle buying/ownership..

I am sure Porsche cult owners with particular models adoration will always choose Porsche, and I am very happy for them..

In all honesty, I can't recommend the Porsche brand to anybody anymore without feeling that I am screwing their future ownership/vehicle luxury experience..

The following users liked this post:
LDT (03-30-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 11:53 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by starbreeze7
I got mine back after 1.5 months. (Dropped off mid Feb, got it back last week). It has to be shipped in from Germany. According to the S.A. Porsche just introduced a new batch of batteries with the correct sensor. It seems there's a problem with the battery sensor, and that's covered under the Emissions Warranty. They did test my battery to make sure it wasn't just a dead battery (that itself is not covered), but a problem with the sensor instead.
I sure hope they gave you a loaner.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:56 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,133 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
After seeing/experiencing so much bull**** from Porsche and after driving several of new luxury vehicle brands/models, I have now decided on my next vehicle purchase later this year:

A 2025 BMW X5 M60i.. I couldn't find anything in my 9Y0 Cayenne S that felt better compared to the BMW 60i.

The latest Porsche V8s engines have poor tolerances, costly defective/poorly built/design parts, and burn oil like crazy.

Having to carry oil quarts with you and having to add 5 to [10(minimum for engine warranty claims)] quarts of oil every 10,000 miles oil intervals and having Porsche state that they only need to fill half-*** your engine oil (but charge you for full oil amounts) is a laughable insult to any vehicle owner with brains.

Having to buy and take with you a $2,200 Lithium LiFePO4 spare battery known to be defective for long trips, because Porsche take months to have one in stock and/or to deliver one is laughable and unheard among luxury brands/vehicles.. Who wants a vehicle that can get stranded for months because of defective batteries offered shamelessly by Porsche.

Charging $1,000+ for the Lithium battery installation labor and registration is an insult to all Porsche owners, since there is absolutely no difference than that for any AGM battery exchange and is so simplento petform..

My friends, many in my family, and now my wife drive BMW's are very happy with their vehicles and total ownerships, and now I can say BMW is way above Porsche on practically all aspects of vehicle ownership.

Porsche is not the same company that many of us knew decades ago, and although I like my 9Y0 Cayenne S ride, the Porsche company is just a shadow of what it was before, with now more corporate emphasis in extracting shameful deep profits from their loyal customers than providing a true luxury/technology experience.

The latest BMW and other brand engines and their overall vehicle offerings have come a long way and eclipses Porsche offerings in most everything but in shameful overpricing of all aspects of vehicle buying/ownership..

I am sure Porsche cult owners with particular models adoration will always choose Porsche, and I am very happy for them..

In all honesty, I can't recommend the Porsche brand to anybody anymore without feeling that I am screwing their future ownership/vehicle luxury experience..

Good for you.

Question - what is the purpose of your post? What are you seeking to achieve by posting it here?

rdboxster (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 02:03 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ironman88
Good for you.

Question - what is the purpose of your post? What are you seeking to achieve by posting it here?
Since you asked..

I have been a Porsche fan since I was a kid. Seeing Porsche vehicles races all the time and people/family owning, adoring, and working on their vehicles.

After following various Porsche owners, including some friends and owners in other forums, that have/had several problems caused by Porsche defective parts/programming and seeing how Porsche corporate/dealers behavior has become lately these years, and how Porsche is shamelessly profiteering from their defective parts, maintenance, repair, and customers has made me realize that Porsche has transformed into a different company now with a different quality of parts and a different scheme to increse their profits.

Porsche today is experiencing a time where its performance and technology is now common in many other brands, and there is an unstoppable change towards electric technologies, but to give the cold cash cow treatment for extra profit to all its current owners is a bad recipe that will make its owners base look to other brands and never come back.

Many new vehicle Porsche owners have the cash to buy any Porsche vehicle model and know they are paying a higher than luxury premium for an historical vehicle company, but they are not stupid with their money. These days, they can go to any other well suited luxury brands with similar performance luxury vehicles and have a much better overall value, reliability, quality, and experience.

Porsche just builds a fixed number of vehicles; Porsche reduces the supply of vehicles in order to increase the demand and thus the prices of them. Same as the OPEC with oil and gas

Porsche can do that because of its former company history of high performance and collectible vehicles, but these days, Porsche briloiant history means little for younger generations and Porsche technology/performance is now practically common. Losing its core of high paying loyal customers is bad news for Porsche, since people coming from other great luxury brands will not appreciate Porsche’s latest deep overpricing the repairs of known defective parts and on the total vehicle ownership/experience for practically the same or less offerings.

It's not about paying a luxury price when buying, servicing, maintaining, and buying parts, but it is the abuse of it and deeply profiteering on defective parts and programming.

Not to mention that Porsche as the grand luxury company it claims to be does not even stock the US on replacement of defective and other parts. It's pretty much unacceptable..

Porsche’s usual response that parts need to be shipped from Germany and may be months/weeks is a laughable answer and of poor taste for any so called best overpriced luxury company brand.

Waiting months for defective overpriced parts/labor and having to be unable to use your vehicle for months/weeks is not what you expect of a luxury brand that paints itself as the best in paper and on its brand marketing..

Having to carry a spare battery with you (because if your battey die in the trip it will take months to get one) or various quarts of oil during long trips is laughable too for vehicles that have a higher than luxury premium.

Batteries and other defective parts that are key for the vehicle to function, should be stock in advance of the expected demand..

Old 03-30-2024, 02:09 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Yet another

Add us to the growing list of battery issues with our 2019 with about 40k miles. Got the error message. Took to the dealer (car is CPO) and they did the “update” to kick the can down the road and get out of the warranty period and stick us with the bill. Unconscionable is how I would describe this situation. To think I traded my 991 in on this for my wife who missed having a Cayenne. They’ve all been a POS in on way or another.
George718 (04-08-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 02:41 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Since you asked..

I have been a Porsche fan since I was a kid. Seeing Porsche vehicles races all the time and people/family owning, adoring, and working on their vehicles.

After following various Porsche owners, including some friends and owners in other forums, that have/had several problems caused by Porsche defective parts/programming and seeing how Porsche corporate/dealers behavior has become lately these years, and how Porsche is shamelessly profiteering from their defective parts, maintenance, repair, and customers has made me realize that Porsche has transformed into a different company now with a different quality of parts and a different scheme to increse their profits.

Porsche today is experiencing a time where its performance and technology is now common in many other brands, and there is an unstoppable change towards electric technologies, but to give the cold cash cow treatment for extra profit to all its current owners is a bad recipe that will make its owners base look to other brands and never come back.

Many new vehicle Porsche owners have the cash to buy any Porsche vehicle model and know they are paying a higher than luxury premium for an historical vehicle company, but they are not stupid with their money. These days, they can go to any other well suited luxury brands with similar performance luxury vehicles and have a much better overall value, reliability, quality, and experience.

Porsche just builds a fixed number of vehicles; Porsche reduces the supply of vehicles in order to increase the demand and thus the prices of them. Same as the OPEC with oil and gas

Porsche can do that because of its former company history of high performance and collectible vehicles, but these days, Porsche briloiant history means little for younger generations and Porsche technology/performance is now practically common. Losing its core of high paying loyal customers is bad news for Porsche, since people coming from other great luxury brands will not appreciate Porsche’s latest deep overpricing the repairs of known defective parts and on the total vehicle ownership/experience for practically the same or less offerings.

It's not about paying a luxury price when buying, servicing, maintaining, and buying parts, but it is the abuse of it and deeply profiteering on defective parts and programming.

Not to mention that Porsche as the grand luxury company it claims to be does not even stock the US on replacement of defective and other parts. It's pretty much unacceptable..

Porsche’s usual response that parts need to be shipped from Germany and may be months/weeks is a laughable answer and of poor taste for any so called best overpriced luxury company brand.

Waiting months for defective overpriced parts/labor and having to be unable to use your vehicle for months/weeks is not what you expect of a luxury brand that paints itself as the best in paper and on its brand marketing..

Having to carry a spare battery with you (because if your battey die in the trip it will take months to get one) or various quarts of oil during long trips is laughable too for vehicles that have a higher than luxury premium.

Batteries and other defective parts that are key for the vehicle to function, should be stock in advance of the expected demand..
Ok fine - understood. You're just venting.

PorscheACC (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 03:00 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Porsche today is a totally different entity than it was only a handful of years ago.

VW is driving the train now and they're devoted to making up for the losses they suffered based on their own deceit...

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2141JA/

How much in pre- tax revenue does it take to make up for net $33,000,000,000 in fines and penalties?

Last edited by Ironman88; 03-31-2024 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2024, 03:23 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

@Porsche ACC You've been venting for over 7 months. We get it. You're angry at Porsche. Now, hundreds of posts later, can you please give it a rest?
Old 04-01-2024, 04:03 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alpine-al
@Porsche ACC You've been venting for over 7 months. We get it. You're angry at Porsche. Now, hundreds of posts later, can you please give it a rest?
Why.. do you work for Porsche..? or do you think the problems real Porsche owners have with these vehicles, and with Porsche, and that often have to deal with should not be repeated/mentioned so that new owners aren't aware of it?

That's not how forums work.. They provide useful information on vehicles, owner repair experiences/advice, heads up on potential common issues, major/expensive model defects, TSBs, etc..

Porsche is a different company now and deeply profiteering from defective parts and poorly designed parts.. $10,000+ for water pump repairs which can happen as early as 40K miles, or $8,000 for a single turbo part repair which are not maintainable even for the most basic components, etc.. Having to carry several quarts of oil on trips because you may run low in oil several times (on your V8s) before your 10,000 oil service mileage and legally can burn 10 quarts of oil before Porsche and the warranty will take it, massive defective $2,200 Lithium LiFePO4 batteries and charging programming issues that kill the batteries early with $1,000+ just for simple installation labor charges and potentially waiting months for the part?

You think that those huge issues should not be mentioned to potential new or used vehicle buyers and these issues not repeated again?

In a couple of months, I will be buying my next new high-end SUV.. Then, my posts will stop and naive new owners will have to learn about Porsche the hard way..

Warranties do not cover all the issues on new or CPO vehicles..
Old 04-03-2024, 02:11 AM
miknow
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Well to give an update after 2 months of converting to a AGM battery on my 2019 Cayenne, everything works now even the start/stop. It was sporadic at first some days the start/stop would work some days it wont I am guessing the system was learning the car. The car is feels and drives exactly the same I really don't feel the extra weight. The dealers need to help the consumer and swap over to AGM on these back ordered lithium batteries.
The following 4 users liked this post by miknow:
function12 (04-03-2024), Ironman88 (04-03-2024), PorscheACC (04-03-2024), Schnave (04-04-2024)

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Battery