Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
I need the $ for a root canal
That's as legitimate a reason as I've ever heard. :-)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
I need the $ for a root canal
I feel for you. Ended up with 3 on the same tooth, then ultimately lost it and they had to replace the first implant to boot!

Hope yours goes better

WTF is the point of dental insurance? It doesn't cover jack!
Old 08-13-2017, 12:06 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Mark, Gnat thanks for the replies. Looks like it is going Gnat's way; first attempt has failed.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That's a bummer. Good luck on the second try.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

It's very frustrating when this happens. Root canal therapy is successful a high percentage of the time but we do get some failures.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:20 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Going in at 5pm tonight for the first 1/2 of my forgiveness/hush-money.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Ha!

Reminds me of Morrie in Goodfellas, always pestering Tommy and Henry for his cut of the Lufthansa heist.

Just a bit more digression as we wait for the Bosch money.

Ben- Morrie was pestering Jimmy (DeNiro) for the Lufthansa heist share. Tommy took care of Morrie from the back of the Seville.
Henry tried to get Morrie to shut his mouth, he didn't listen.
"Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut".
Old 08-17-2017, 06:11 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Just like the buyback was for my 2012 Touareg, that paid for this 2016 Cayenne Diesel, the participation picture and paper-fest was simple. Picture of the VIN on the windscreen and the doorjamb, inside to copy the license, make sure all is well with the Settlement Main Office, print up my receipt and, done!

I wait for the check, but only to deposit it and then send the money to the bank for the note I took on the CD.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:22 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Originally Sold in Canada 2013 CD

Hello- I'm a new member of Rennlist and as of two days ago a proud new member of the Porsche Family, as I've purchased (from an independent dealership) a 2013 Cayenne Diesel. While I've only just purchased my first Porsche, I'm a life long admirer.

Cheesy intro out of the way... I'm wondering where I fit I into the Diesel and Bosch settlements (if at all).

I live in Kansas City, purchased the vehicle in Kansas- and it has been registered in Kansas for the last four years- but it was originally sold and registered in Ontario, Canada. VIN entry on the https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/ says the VIN is not included in the program. Same with the Bosch settlement site.

A representative reached at the toll free line confirmed this and suggested I look into the Canada settlement info.

The Canada VW Settlement Page makes no mention of Porsche

https://www.vwemissionsinfo.ca

The rep I spoke with at the Canada toll free line acted puzzled why a Porsche would be included in a VW Class Action.

Does anyone here have a similar scenario? Can anyone here help guide me?

Thanks! Regardless of the Class stuff, I'm thrilled to be a Porsche owner!
Old 08-18-2017, 07:45 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ You may try calling corporate VW Canada or corporate Porsche Canada. Judging from the website that you provided, it must be a rare Cayenne since they think the 3.0 tdi cars are VW or Audis.

See http://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeature...diesel-owners/
https://www.vwemissionsinfo.ca/news/...v6-settlement/
Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Brought to dealer on Wednesday. Check showed up by FedEx today.

A super-surprise today. I had expected, from all the estimates Porsche/VW was giving me, a certain amount on account of having to split the $$$ with the previous lessee. I don't know what might have happened but I got almost double what I was expecting.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Newegg
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Brought to dealer on Wednesday. Check showed up by FedEx today.

A super-surprise today. I had expected, from all the estimates Porsche/VW was giving me, a certain amount on account of having to split the $$$ with the previous lessee. I don't know what might have happened but I got almost double what I was expecting.
You dog. I would keep that on the down low. Sled upgrade? Cayenne modifications?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Newegg
You dog. I would keep that on the down low. Sled upgrade? Cayenne modifications?
Ha! Free money, right?

The dual sport bike/2017 Beta 500 RR-S=the most fun I can have on the planet with my clothes on as a married man, takes all the precedence over anything else as the kids are all taken care of and we're going to the beach today to have some fun so with that said, I'm always focused more on dual sport bike stuff than anything else.

I had ordered a new Shoei VFX-W helmet that I had my eye on for months and more luck, the price got discounted further to $288.xx-beautiful. I have my eyes on a set of GTS black quad round exhaust tips for $270 shipped as well. Lastly, some bits and pieces for the Beta that will come in at around $280. Not much to get but it is the little(material) things in life that are nice.

The rest is going to pay off the CD-note I had taken out so that I only had to pay about $3,000 or so out of pocket for the thing. Thank you VW.

If the Gen2 buyback happens I may get a new S or at least wait for the next generation Cayenne and get that S.

Last edited by BenCD; 08-22-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha! Free money, right?

The dual sport bike/2017 Beta 500 RR-S=the most fun I can have on the planet with my clothes on as a married man, takes all the precedence over anything else as the kids are all taken care of and we're going to the beach today to have some fun so with that said, I'm always focused more on dual sport bike stuff than anything else.

I had ordered a new Shoei VFX-W helmet that I had my eye on for months and more luck, the price got discounted further to $288.xx-beautiful. I have my eyes on a set of GTS black quad round exhaust tips for $270 shipped as well. Lastly, some bits and pieces for the Beta that will come in at around $280. Not much to get but it is the little(material) things in life that are nice.

The rest is going to pay off the CD-note I had taken out so that I only had to pay about $3,000 or so out of pocket for the thing. Thank you VW.

If the Gen2 buyback happens I may get a new S or at least wait for the next generation Cayenne and get that S.

Funny I'm a ktm guy but my son was adement he wanted beta. We took a ride to naults in Manchester NH , great dealer easy purchase. He loves the bike

Mass is one of the last places you can ride on state land. Take a ride to Lee mass to bear town state park awesome trails!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
Funny I'm a ktm guy but my son was adement he wanted beta. We took a ride to naults in Manchester NH , great dealer easy purchase. He loves the bike

Mass is one of the last places you can ride on state land. Take a ride to Lee mass to bear town state park awesome trails!
I got my bike from Naults back in February through the BYOB. It is an awesome bike. I can go hog-wild on the trails and then once on the road, it feels like I never went off-road, plus, it feels like cheating being able to ride on the street.

Your son has good taste but I wonder why a Beta? If they didn't have a dual sport, I'm not sure I'd have gone with one of their enduro models.

Did you guys to go Naults from NH to get the bike?

I've been to every state park in MA to ride and they are all great as you are right, there is almost nowhere legal to ride anywhere else. NH has HopEv/Clough State Park only 47 miles away from me and it is also a great place as I can ride all the dirt roads that are legally streets but a license plate lets me ride them to my hearts content.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue