Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
ENOUGH. when will this end . My wife and I are completely happy and satisfied with our dispel Cayennes. What is making me mad is the constant emails and regular mailings asking me to join this or that law suit . Porsche was proper and provided extended warranties and I appreciate that . Now I just want to be left alone to enjoy these great vehicles sorry I'm just old and don't feel I'm owed anything
Well you're not alone, I'm not that old and feel the same way :-)
Old 02-28-2017, 12:40 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
How many of us have already received the huge one page post card from VW? If I interpret the front bar code correctly, I am somewhere in the mid 200,000 claims area.

As an aside, lucky me, never received any solicitations from the *chasers
Got my GIANT postcard yesterday too.

And I haven't been solicited by anyone. Yet.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:51 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

No solicitations here, either. I didn't see in the agreement the no additional fees that the judge mandated for the 2.0l settlement. It's probably in there; I just haven't looked for it.

Originally Posted by visitador
How many of us have already received the huge one page post card from VW? If I interpret the front bar code correctly, I am somewhere in the mid 200,000 claims area.

As an aside, lucky me, never received any solicitations from the *chasers

We got 2 of the cards, though we only have one CD. Not sure you can read anything into the barcodes. Given there's only about 80,000 vehicles impacted by this settlement, adding in former owners, I can't imagine we'd rise to anywhere near 200,000 claims.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 PM
RS-America
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Have dates by which we need to do something been established ?
Is there anything we can do, should do now except 'stand-by' ?
We are an original owner and have not received a card or been pursued with solicitations.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:32 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RS-America
Have dates by which we need to do something been established ?
Is there anything we can do, should do now except 'stand-by' ?
We are an original owner and have not received a card or been pursued with solicitations.
Go to the VWSettlement website and enter in the VIN('s) and your information to get registered.

You need to do it by 05/31/2017.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:08 PM
RS-America
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Go to the VWSettlement website and enter in the VIN('s) and your information to get registered.

You need to do it by 05/31/2017.
BenCD - Thanks,
Is this the 'official' web site to register: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/3-0-models/
Old 02-28-2017, 02:58 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
I think it's a pretty clear agreement, actually, and pretty understandable, too. Though, the DOJ Consent Decree gets a bit technical.

Yes, it could take another year and a half or so to "end" it, because they still have to get 85% of us to sign on to the class and then get the repairs made. There are more fines if they miss these deadlines, too, though they all go to the government and not us.

And it basically tells VW, OK, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you can fix them and only make you pay a "little" amount if you can. But if you're lying again, its gonna hurt! A LOT.
I agree, the whole set [of agreements] is well written - I judge that criteria by how many times I have to re-read them to get the point. So far only twice ...

This restitution argument IMHO has always come down to two main groups of vehicle owners - 1) those who want to be rid of their vehicles, and 2) those that want to keep their vehicles. Many, and from both groups, want some form of monetary compensation as well - we can debate how much, if it is fair or not etc. but if you intend to stay in the class, the terms and conditions are now known.

By the way, for those who have not seen it, at the end of the FTC STATEMENT SUPPORTING THE 3.0L “CLEAN DIESEL” CONSUMER SETTLEMENTS, there are a series of tables by class (Gen 1 and Gen 2.x) and by manufacture that outlines various restitution payments to eligible owners. It gives ranges so anyone person's actual value may differ, but I thought it was a good first order approximation.

Last edited by stronbl; 03-01-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:07 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

BenCD - Thanks,
Is this the 'official' web site to register: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/3-0-models/
Yes, that is the correct website.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:08 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

BenCD - Thanks,
Yes. That's it ... it wouldn't take my VIN with IE but worked fine using Google Chrome. No clue why.

Also got my postcard too.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:21 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I got 4 postcards! 1 to Mike G. 1 to Michael Joseph G, and 2 to Michael J G. and my business name under that.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:41 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Me Too

Originally Posted by MJG911
I got 4 postcards! 1 to Mike G. 1 to Michael Joseph G, and 2 to Michael J G. and my business name under that.
Four cards for two cars
Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 PM
digs
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
so put in 4 separate claims
Old 02-28-2017, 09:33 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stronbl
I agree, the whole set [of agreements] is well written - I judge that criteria by how many times I have to re-read them to get the point. So far only twice ...

This restitution argument IMHO has always come down to two main groups of vehicle owners - 1) those who want to be rid of their vehicles, and 2) those that want to keep their vehicles. Many, and from both groups, want some form of monetary compensation as well - we can debate how much, if it is fair or not etc. but if you intend to stay in the class, the terms and conditions are now known.

By the way, for those who have not seen it, at the end of the FTC 2nd Partial Consent Decree, there are a series of tables by class (Gen 1 and Gen 2.x) and by manufacture that outlines various restitution payments to eligible owners. It gives ranges so anyone person's actual value may differ, but I thought it was a good first order approximation.
Thanks.

For the record, the ranges are actually in the Statement Supporting 3.0L Settlement, not the Consent Decree. Good find, though. Pretty straight forward.

Note: Values listed for Repair Payment DO include the Bosch payment, too.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:44 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by DenverDiesel
So the previous owner of my 14 CD was a lease. That payout is substantially less than a first owner would get. I am technically the ??? First or second owner ??

Will I get the full compensation a first owner would get? Lawyers?
This brought a question to my mind..

Actually - the LEASE COMPANY was the first owner of the vehicle (every lease I've had - the leasing company owned the vehicle. I registered it and insured it - but they own it) - in that case - is the leasing company entitled to the payout for the "first owner"?

No horse in the race - but I enjoy following the twists and turns of dieselgate..
Old 02-28-2017, 10:16 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
This brought a question to my mind..

Actually - the LEASE COMPANY was the first owner of the vehicle (every lease I've had - the leasing company owned the vehicle. I registered it and insured it - but they own it) - in that case - is the leasing company entitled to the payout for the "first owner"?

No horse in the race - but I enjoy following the twists and turns of dieselgate..
Unless it was leased from Porsche Finance. Then it's only the former lessee; PF doesn't get a cut here.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue