Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:07 AM
docdent
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by docdent
I need to reread the letter. I thought it said up to 2 years or 100k total miles.
The letter says up to 6 years or 100k miles from original inservice date. So, like I said totally worthless.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:41 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The letter says up to 6 years or 100k miles from original inservice date. So, like I said totally worthless.
A second came out that CPO owners got an extra 2 years (8 total) and 100k (200k total).

That happened a couple of months ago and there was a big kerfuffle here about how that screwed non-CPO owners since they only got 2/40 added.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:03 AM
docdent
Advanced

Originally Posted by gnat
A second came out that CPO owners got an extra 2 years (8 total) and 100k (200k total).

That happened a couple of months ago and there was a big kerfuffle here about how that screwed non-CPO owners since they only got 2/40 added.
I can't seem to find any info on this. I only received the first letter. I went back to page 19 and read every post.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:11 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

I can't seem to find any info on this. I only received the first letter. I went back to page 19 and read every post.
Sorry, I thought the discussion was in this thread, but it was another. I also thought there were more details, but it's mostly a pissing match between me and someone else about fairness

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...le-cpo-cd.html
Old 04-22-2016, 11:21 AM
docdent
Advanced

Sorry, I thought the discussion was in this thread, but it was another. I also thought there were more details, but it's mostly a pissing match between me and someone else about fairness

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...le-cpo-cd.html
Thank you. I dropped my CD off at the dealer for service and asked the SA. He hadn't heard anything about that. He is going to call and check.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Thank you. I dropped my CD off at the dealer for service and asked the SA. He hadn't heard anything about that. He is going to call and check.
Post what you find out, got no notices on this...
Old 04-22-2016, 12:06 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

There is another court status conference on May 19. Maybe the issue of the 3.0 is determined by then.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:32 PM
docdent
Advanced

Originally Posted by visitador
There is another court status conference on May 19. Maybe the issue of the 3.0 is determined by then.
I asked the SA about the 3.0 fix. He knows nothing and said porsche NA can't give them any idea on anything. He said it might be next year before anything is finalized.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:54 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Does Porsche have to inform you when/if they make the SW change in advance.
Per earlier question posted... does anybody know how to pull the version they are running today?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:01 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JRoach
Does Porsche have to inform you when/if they make the SW change in advance.
Per earlier question posted... does anybody know how to pull the version they are running today?
Nope. You take it in for service and they'll flash it as needed. Typically they'll only do a flash if you report a related issue, but in the case of a recall you can count on the flash the first time you go in regardless of the reason for the visit.

If it will cooperate with your vehicle, the Durametric can get you the version info for the modules it can talk to.

Even if you identify that they upgraded your firmware, there is nothing you can do about it. Wether it's true or not they will tell you it was required and they have no way to put the old version back.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:19 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 447 Posts

Well it looks like a definite buy back fix for VW and the 2.0L cars. My buddy just got word on his from VW. He says he'd rather sell it back and take the additional cash than have to worry at some point on resale and diminished value or perception and just go to another brand.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-agre...nl&date=042516

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...n=awdailydrive

But yes this says nothing of your CD 3.0L cars and my SA says no word from Porsche. Maybe next month...maybe next fall or next year. No word from Porsche on 2017 CD's either to the states and they're still not on the configurator online or able to order at any dealership. Rumor still is an FY17 model is unlikely at best they are hearing and others are selling well enough to make up the difference. For now at least.

Guess we'll see this still unfold over the summer.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer told me it was my option to have the eventual diesel firmware update installed or not. I'm sure that could be bungled and accidentally installed. In FL we don't have vehicle inspections. I will wait to see what everyone's experience is that are forced to do the update.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:07 PM
docdent
Advanced

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Well it looks like a definite buy back fix for VW and the 2.0L cars. My buddy just got word on his from VW. He says he'd rather sell it back and take the additional cash than have to worry at some point on resale and diminished value or perception and just go to another brand.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-agre...nl&date=042516

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...n=awdailydrive

But yes this says nothing of your CD 3.0L cars and my SA says no word from Porsche. Maybe next month...maybe next fall or next year. No word from Porsche on 2017 CD's either to the states and they're still not on the configurator online or able to order at any dealership. Rumor still is an FY17 model is unlikely at best they are hearing and others are selling well enough to make up the difference. For now at least.

Guess we'll see this still unfold over the summer.
My SA gave me the idea that porsche NA has no idea what the fix involves with the 3.0. If the fix was something simple it would have been announced. But, with no word I get the feeling something is messing up. ie fuel econ, power/torque
Old 04-26-2016, 10:10 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Even if you identify that they upgraded your firmware, there is nothing you can do about it. Wether it's true or not they will tell you it was required and they have no way to put the old version back.
Some tuners can flash the ECU directly from their computer or thru a flash loader. The flash loader can be used to have several maps for different performance settings and also store the original factory tune. If the new emission flash is not to one's liking it should be possible to revert back to the CD's original tune and work unless there is some major engine hardware change.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:05 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
Some tuners can flash the ECU directly from their computer or thru a flash loader. The flash loader can be used to have several maps for different performance settings and also store the original factory tune. If the new emission flash is not to one's liking it should be possible to revert back to the CD's original tune and work unless there is some major engine hardware change. ________________ 2014 991 TT 2013 958 CD
Yeah. I was talking about the dealer specifically. Let me know if you find one willing to install tunes for you

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue