Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 12:49 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by RomSL
Hey guys.

T-regs owners are getting letters from VW for a new recall related to the dieselgate. It looks like the fix is addressing an engine shudder on a warm up. Some folks here and I experienced that as well. Anyone heard of Porsche fixing the same issue on CDs?

https://www.clubtouareg.com/threads/...recall.290986/
Thanks for the heads up. Haven't experienced the check engine light or the shudder. At this point, I am happy with the way it is. Don't trust the wording of the letter "will not adversely impact." Correct me if I am reading it wrong. It means that it will have an impact, no?
Old 01-01-2020, 06:31 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

So I had an engine repair done on my CD (2013, 119K miles) that was surprisingly NOT covered by any of the extended warranty, so I thought I'd share the knowledge I gained in the process...

In my case I had a coolant leak right in the V of the engine caused by part number 958-106-737-04. It's part of the cooling circuit for the EGR system, and is buried under the intake manifold. It appears to have been leaking for some time, and I found the leak thanks to the community here, and was able to point it out to the dealership when their initial investigation came up empty... Originally the dealership submitted it under warranty, and in the research they did before the repair, they believed it was covered under the extended warranty that covers the engine, especially since it is partially related to the emissions system.

Turns-out that Porsche kicked it back to them, which surprised everyone at the service department. They tried a few different ways of submitting it, but they could not get Porsche to accept it... From my understanding, Porsche has tightened things up a little bit in terms of what they will cover, and there is now a database of parts that the service department needs to cross-check to see if that part/repair is covered under the extended warranty...

In my case, the cause of the leak is not in that database, so Porsche would not cover it.

The dealership cut me a deal on the repair, and I'm good with the situation (since I told them initially I would be willing to pay for the repair if it wasn't covered), so I'm just writing this off as a learning experience.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:43 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayze
I have also been a holdout, but finally gave in and took my CD to get the fix and the DEF heater recall done on December 20th. They have had the car for over a week now and although there have been two weekends and Christmas in that time period, it does sound like a long time. Has anyone else had either of these recalls take This long? They told me last week they were still waiting for one more part (I assume that is for the heater since I thought the emissions fix for a 2015 is only programming.
Ours was all done in a day. (2015 though, so no hardware change) Still no difference from pre-fix for us.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:38 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
So I had an engine repair done on my CD (2013, 119K miles) that was surprisingly NOT covered by any of the extended warranty, so I thought I'd share the knowledge I gained in the process...

In my case I had a coolant leak right in the V of the engine caused by part number 958-106-737-04. It's part of the cooling circuit for the EGR system, and is buried under the intake manifold. It appears to have been leaking for some time, and I found the leak thanks to the community here, and was able to point it out to the dealership when their initial investigation came up empty... Originally the dealership submitted it under warranty, and in the research they did before the repair, they believed it was covered under the extended warranty that covers the engine, especially since it is partially related to the emissions system.

Turns-out that Porsche kicked it back to them, which surprised everyone at the service department. They tried a few different ways of submitting it, but they could not get Porsche to accept it... From my understanding, Porsche has tightened things up a little bit in terms of what they will cover, and there is now a database of parts that the service department needs to cross-check to see if that part/repair is covered under the extended warranty...

In my case, the cause of the leak is not in that database, so Porsche would not cover it.

The dealership cut me a deal on the repair, and I'm good with the situation (since I told them initially I would be willing to pay for the repair if it wasn't covered), so I'm just writing this off as a learning experience.
That's disappointing. I've got to say I'm not seeing much value from this warranty. I also don't really see how Porsche can just change the warranty coverage after the fact. When many of us bought it was advertised as the CPO coverage less cosmetics in the 7th and 8th years of the warranty. I don't see how they can then deny coverage that would typically be covered by CPO.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:40 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
That's disappointing. I've got to say I'm not seeing much value from this warranty. I also don't really see how Porsche can just change the warranty coverage after the fact. When many of us bought it was advertised as the CPO coverage less cosmetics in the 7th and 8th years of the warranty. I don't see how they can then deny coverage that would typically be covered by CPO.
I guess that depends which warranty he was under? The original 6y/100k? The CPO'd +2/unlimited? Or just the 10y "emissions" warranty?
Old 01-03-2020, 11:04 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Originally Posted by Hacked 987
I guess that depends which warranty he was under? The original 6y/100k? The CPO'd +2/unlimited? Or just the 10y "emissions" warranty?
True, I assumed when he said "any of the extended warranty" to imply he is still under the coverage of multiple layers of warranty as in CPO and the emissions. That may not be the case. Although I think if this parts only function is to control flow through the EGR cooler you could still make an argument for it to be covered under even just the emissions warranty. Where he may have a problem is if he's under only the emissions coverage and the failed part serves a purpose in addition to the EGR cooler like being a thermostat for the engine itself. Then I could see Porsche saying it is not covered.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:10 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 349 Posts

Ours was just in for repair and it was explained to me that the last 2 years of the 6/100 were CPO coverage. That they weren't the same as the all inclusive original 4 year warranty.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:01 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
Ours was just in for repair and it was explained to me that the last 2 years of the 6/100 were CPO coverage. That they weren't the same as the all inclusive original 4 year warranty.
Yes, CPO does not include cosmetics, i.e, rattles
Old 01-05-2020, 12:24 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Yes, CPO does not include cosmetics, i.e, rattles
I found out that CPO doesn’t cover my clock hand which has fallen off. So CPO is definitely not the same as the original.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Kayze
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche of South Orlando just replaced my clock on CPO warranty last week
Old 01-05-2020, 03:13 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Originally Posted by CayenneBlack
I found out that CPO doesn’t cover my clock hand which has fallen off. So CPO is definitely not the same as the original.
Originally Posted by Kayze

Porsche of South Orlando just replaced my clock on CPO warranty last week
I also had my clock replaced under CPO in year 6 of 8 total years of original/CPO coverage. The warranty status on these can definitely be a bit tricky.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:33 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I showed my local Porsche dealer a copy of VW Service Action 23AK last week. Of course he never heard of it. After looking up my VIN no outstanding recalls or actions were seen.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:21 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Ok thanks for the info Kayze and Hotrod2448. I originally got rejected at a dealer where I have 0 history (I was out of town). I was planning on trying my local dealership. I don’t think they will reject the clock fix, but if they do, now I know the clock can be replaced under CPO
Old 01-06-2020, 10:35 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 349 Posts

Stevinson Porsche in Denver replaced our clock under CPO warranty last week too.
The following users liked this post:
CayenneBlack (01-07-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 01:27 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
Turns-out that Porsche kicked it back to them, which surprised everyone at the service department. They tried a few different ways of submitting it, but they could not get Porsche to accept it... From my understanding, Porsche has tightened things up a little bit in terms of what they will cover, and there is now a database of parts that the service department needs to cross-check to see if that part/repair is covered under the extended warranty....
How can we get access to this database of covered work and parts? Guessing that its anything triggering a CEL. Anything else is not obligated under settlement language?

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue