Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 02:47 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It's not clear from the EPA approval letter (and perhaps the court docs too) if the 10 day notification period is 10 calendar days or 10 "working" days. So we should be thusly informed of the approved modification either by today (calendar) or by Friday (10 working days). I've heard nothing from VAG/PCNA yet.

Anyone have better insight?

UPDATE:

Went to VAG Claims website and was able to schedule Emission Compliant Repair with dealer. So looks like they're open for business now.

Last edited by stronbl; 10-30-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:26 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
I just got my 1st 1/2 Bosch payment (10-24-17). For those that received their 2nd 1/2 payment, how long between payments? Thanks.
Check one 9/15/17
Check two 10/24/17
Old 10-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Just got my second Bosch payment as well.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:35 PM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought 2014 CD and registered at VWsettlement site with Bill of sale and provided 10/30/2017 as purchased date.

Under View Your Options, website gave me this information. Appreciate any feedback on as I am reading first payment, second payment etc but the site only gave below information. It doesn't provide any information about whether previous owner registered or not.
===
Emissions Compliant Repair & Extended Emissions Warranty
(if approved by EPA & CARB)
Amount VW Will Pay You: $ 9,094.24
====
Current Status: Document Package Complete. All required documents have been validated and your application appears to contain all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. Your document package will be re-reviewed by the Court appointed Claims Supervisor to ensure completeness.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:21 PM
Bobcat Sig
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanwares
I just bought 2014 CD and registered at VWsettlement site with Bill of sale and provided 10/30/2017 as purchased date.

Under View Your Options, website gave me this information. Appreciate any feedback on as I am reading first payment, second payment etc but the site only gave below information. It doesn't provide any information about whether previous owner registered or not.
===
Emissions Compliant Repair & Extended Emissions Warranty
(if approved by EPA & CARB)
Amount VW Will Pay You: $ 9,094.24
====
Current Status: Document Package Complete. All required documents have been validated and your application appears to contain all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. Your document package will be re-reviewed by the Court appointed Claims Supervisor to ensure completeness.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
You're in the same spot I am; the waiting game. Your case will be reviewed and then money will be sent out. It appears that no timelines are given for such things. So, we wait.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:26 PM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig
You're in the same spot I am; the waiting game. Your case will be reviewed and then money will be sent out. It appears that no timelines are given for such things. So, we wait.
Hello,
Thank you for the reply!
When did you register your car? How long have you been waiting for approval?

Did you find out if the previous owner claimed 1st 1/2 of the payment?
The person on chat says, it's about $9K but will only be paid after repairs are completed since fix is approved.
Thanks
Old 10-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Bobcat Sig
Instructor

The value you received will tell you if the first owner received any money. Based on what you've shared - he or she did not register with VWGoA. You get the full settlement.

I've been waiting about a week longer than you.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:56 PM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig
The value you received will tell you if the first owner received any money. Based on what you've shared - he or she did not register with VWGoA. You get the full settlement.

I've been waiting about a week longer than you.
Great!
Please post once your claim is approved and I would expect mine a week later...
Old 10-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I bought a 2013 Cayenne D today. Just registerred on the claims website. Says I'm going to recieve $8,341.74. I've read the thread from start to finish. But this just seems too good to be true! I buy the best SUV I've ever been in AFTER the issue is known and they are still going to pay me? Just feels dirty.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:44 PM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
I bought a 2013 Cayenne D today. Just registerred on the claims website. Says I'm going to recieve $8,341.74. I've read the thread from start to finish. But this just seems too good to be true! I buy the best SUV I've ever been in AFTER the issue is known and they are still going to pay me? Just feels dirty.
Let's see how it turns out! So far, @Bobcat Sig, @bryanwares @Falcondrivr have registered AFTER the fix was announced with each of us seeing $8K-$9K. Typically it took less than a week for audit completion by third party but @Bobcat Sig has registered on 10/17 and waiting for 2 weeks.

Also, I was told you can only get $$ after getting car fixed unlike before where 1/2 would be paid in advance and 1/2 after the fix.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:51 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
It's not clear from the EPA approval letter (and perhaps the court docs too) if the 10 day notification period is 10 calendar days or 10 "working" days. So we should be thusly informed of the approved modification either by today (calendar) or by Friday (10 working days). I've heard nothing from VAG/PCNA yet.

Anyone have better insight?

UPDATE:

Went to VAG Claims website and was able to schedule Emission Compliant Repair with dealer. So looks like they're open for business now.
Thank you, I scheduled mine too. I don't think they have what they need to do it though. I had called earlier and they said I would get something in the mail. The dealers are clueless.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:45 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Welcome to the party Rick.. My CD cost basis will be $28K after payments. Did you also add the $1,500 from Bosch?

The amount of car you get for the money is insane. The GL on the other hand is more temperamental like my latin ex..
Old 10-31-2017, 12:38 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Got this in an email today:

The EPA and CARB have approved an Emissions Compliant Repair (ECR) for the vehicle that you registered in the Online Claims Portal for the VW/Audi/Porsche 3.0L Diesel Emissions Settlements. For more information on the Emissions Compliant Repair, including information on what the modification involves, the impact (if any) that the modification will have on the vehicle and the terms of the extended emissions warranty, please view the information available here. With the approval of the ECR, Repair Participation Payments will no longer be issued for current owners and lessees of affected vehicles. Eligible Owners that have already received a Participation Payment will receive the remainder of their Repair Payment after the completion of an ECR on their vehicle, and full Repair Payments will be issued to Eligible Owners who have not received Participation Payments after they have filed a complete and valid claim and completed the ECR on their vehicle.
So it sounds like, no more half-payments for new owners. Fix it and get all the monies, or don't fix it and get zero.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:51 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ Looks to me Omni is right. The way I interpret it, is that any new claims after October 23 won't get the half payment but the full payment AFTER the fix is done.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:52 PM
Bobcat Sig
Instructor

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Got this in an email today:

So it sounds like, no more half-payments for new owners. Fix it and get all the monies, or don't fix it and get zero.
Well... CRIPES!

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue