Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 04:28 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Ben - Did you buy from a Used Car dealer or Private Party.

I finalized my appointment for next Wed just now. Big dealer and no one else has called them, just little ol me.

Porsche sent them enough parts for 15 cars. They will give me a loaner to drive back home and WFH, then they will bring my Cayenne back to me with a full tank of gas. I'm on empty right now .

They said they would detail it too...I told them to skip that...maybe I can get them to take off my wheels and clean the inside .

I'll post next Wed night how it all goes.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:34 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Regarding the partial payment, I have called Class Counsel to further clarify for those who had the claim approved and initiated before the ECR was ordered. I’ve looked through the long forms and have yet to see wording with regards to an existing owner with an approved claim now having to go fully through for said repair to gather reimbursement. In other words, “Grandfathering” those who initiated prior to 23rd for partial payment. I really don’t want to forgo $4539.50 and $750 till the warranty runs. In addition, Bosch is taking the same stance with VW with regards to the ECR and payments.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:47 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

VWAG is incentivized to get everyone to take the fix - pretty sure if they don't hit a certain adoption rate, they are fined and/or have to enable buyback.

So I can absolutely seeing them roll out a change in policy like this. You still ultimately get the same dollar amount - you just have to take the fix to get it.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/comp...ent-14134.html

They make it a “Campaign” out there and it’s compulsory. Odd. I take it no compensation for them.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:51 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

What did they mean by:

With the approval of the ECR, Repair Participation Payments will no longer be issued for current owners and lessees of affected vehicles.

Are they saying that if you have not submitted/completed your claim that they will no longer pay some part of the amount promised?
Old 10-31-2017, 04:52 PM
bryanwares
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Got this in an email today:

So it sounds like, no more half-payments for new owners. Fix it and get all the monies, or don't fix it and get zero.
According the support person on VWsettlement, no more 1/2 payments as fix is approved.
If you haven't registered yet, you can get full-payment after the fix.
If you recently purchased a car and previous owner has already claimed 1/2 payment, they will determine during audit if and how much you should get.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoach
What did they mean by:

With the approval of the ECR, Repair Participation Payments will no longer be issued for current owners and lessees of affected vehicles.

Are they saying that if you have not submitted/completed your claim that they will no longer pay some part of the amount promised?
They will no longer pay 1/2 before, and 1/2 after, the fix. They will only now pay the full 100% amount *after* the fix.

Anyone who had an appointment scheduled, to get the first 1/2 paynment, but did not yet HAVE the appointment, will have their appointment canceled. They need to now just schedule the full repair appointment with the dealer.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:02 PM
JRoach
Racer

Never mind. It just means that they won't have the spilt payment (before and after fix) and only have the 'after' part.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM
JRoach
Racer

What exactly is: "the enhanced automatic engine braking
feature".

I can't find it in the brochure.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:05 PM
DNorby
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I scheduled my repair for Friday, maybe I should call, or hopefully they will call me if they cannot do the repair. When I hit the link on the VW website it sent me to the local dealer and to a calendar to schedule my appointment. I will take a loaner car in the meantime. I would like to receive the 2nd half of the payment and be done with it.

Last edited by DNorby; 10-31-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:13 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by DNorby
I scheduled my repair for Friday, maybe I should call, or hopefully they will call me if they cannot do the repair. When I hit the link on the VW website is sent me to the local dealer and to a calendar to schedule my appointment. I will take a loaner car in the meantime. I would like to receive the 2nd half of the payment and be done with it.
I am sure if you can make the appointment, then it is all set up already at the dealer. It does not hurt to call the dealer and confirm. Enjoy the CD at it's current form and just arrive with an almost empty diesel tank
Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

That’s where I’m thinking Class Council and those that are in the middle of the approval claim process (pre ECR post claim approval) are going to raise some issue.

Yes, they will if they have less than 85%. Each percentage off has its fines.

Regarding the fix and the hit it takes on the vehicles, it was said they’re (claims folks) sending “kits” to break it all down for you as the owner.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
I am sure if you can make the appointment, then it is all set up already at the dealer. It does not hurt to call the dealer and confirm. Enjoy the CD at it's current form and just arrive with an almost empty diesel tank
My dealer will not start until 11/6. I can imagine some could since parts are coming in and for 2015s it is only a software fix. My appointment was tomorrow but had to reschedule until after the 6th.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:27 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
Regarding the partial payment, I have called Class Counsel to further clarify for those who had the claim approved and initiated before the ECR was ordered. I’ve looked through the long forms and have yet to see wording with regards to an existing owner with an approved claim now having to go fully through for said repair to gather reimbursement. In other words, “Grandfathering” those who initiated prior to 23rd for partial payment. I really don’t want to forgo $4539.50 and $750 till the warranty runs. In addition, Bosch is taking the same stance with VW with regards to the ECR and payments.
I believe the half payment was optional. That is, VW was giving a carrot for you to sign up to take the fix. The total compensation is really for the fix. VW was just giving you an advance. Some of us are just delaying doing the fix thanks to the courtesy CPO extended warranty. That is we are trying to enjoy the CD in its current state until the CPO warranty expires.

Regarding Bosh, it is not dependent on this. A lot of us already got the full payment, although it took two separate checks

[Edit: I don't think there is a time limit for owners to get the fix and get the compensation (either half or the full one). There is though, as others have pointed, a penalty on VW if they don't get to 85% compliance repair by a certain date (which I forgot)
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2017, 08:47 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

I scheduled my repair appointment for Nov 6. I hope the dealer has a clue.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue