Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

So... "cash" settlement.... my ears have perked.

I *just* bought a CD (in fact, haven't taken delivery yet, they're doing an oil change, tires, few other little things)... should pick it up late this week. Deal is definitely complete, though - traded in my truck, they put me in a loaner Panamera until the CD is ready.

Certainly not interested in turning the CD back into Porsche... it was hard enough to locate a vehicle I liked... but I'm not going to turn down free money if Porsche is offering either....

Does this eventual "settlement" apply to folks who bought the truck used too?
Old 12-12-2016, 02:19 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Really? We've received zero solicitations from lawyers so far.
Yeap. Been getting them since maybe late 10/15. The worst was about a week and a half where I got 2-3 a day. They just want their cut of something they don't deserve.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:31 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH

I *just* bought a CD (in fact, haven't taken delivery yet, they're doing an oil change, tires, few other little things)... should pick it up late this week. Deal is definitely complete, though - traded in my truck, they put me in a loaner Panamera until the CD is ready.

Certainly not interested in turning the CD back into Porsche... it was hard enough to locate a vehicle I liked... but I'm not going to turn down free money if Porsche is offering either....

Welcome to the club. You can check the 2.0 settlement if you think our remedies will be similar. If my recollection is correct, if you bought it used, you may have to share the cash settlement with the original owner (vaguely remember reading that somewhere).

As an aside, you must have gotten a great deal or are a thriller seeker
Old 12-12-2016, 02:45 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by visitador
Welcome to the club. You can check the 2.0 settlement if you think our remedies will be similar. If my recollection is correct, if you bought it used, you may have to share the cash settlement with the original owner (vaguely remember reading that somewhere).

As an aside, you must have gotten a great deal or are a thriller seeker
Haha. Great driving vehicle... and not a greenie who gets offended by vehicle emissions. It was a lease turn-in.

If the "fix" ruins it I'll look into aftermarket tunes.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:29 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skiahh
Really? We've received zero solicitations from lawyers so far.
^^^ But POA found a way to give my name to a startup app that wants to park my car for free.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Yes, you can opt out of the class. However, I believe, unless a new class is formed, you (and not VW) will have to pay for the attorney fees.

Just a couple of observations. I doubt "our" attorneys in the current class action lawsuit would allow a "token" settlement. Just because of the ^^^ letter. Second, are there enough unhappy CD owners that are willing to opt out of the class and band together to hire their own attorneys to pursue different remedies than what may come this Friday (assuming the Judge's deadline is set on stone this time). Third, are we willing to drag this on for a couple of years through a lengthy trial to discover whatever VW/Audi/Porsche did?

Just got another letter today. Quite humorous. He said one client that's a 2.0 customer has already settled for 6 figures.

Lol.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:31 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Ive never gotten a letter either.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:11 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Just got another letter today. Quite humorous. He said one client that's a 2.0 customer has already settled for 6 figures. Lol.
Heh, so did I. 4 more and the room is complete!
Old 12-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH

What kind of money did you pay for it?

I have been scouring the adds, and it seems that they are looking for retail $ for the 2015 cars.

It sounds like the "right price" for a 14 would be in the low 40's and a 15 in the low 50's

Is this correct?
Old 12-13-2016, 12:04 PM
SignDoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got another letter today. Quite humorous. He said one client that's a 2.0 customer has already settled for 6 figures.

Lol.
Do you think these letters are coming simply because it might be settled this week or do you think they have information that the folks are going to like the specifics of the settlement.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:32 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
I need wiper blades!!
Just got an email from AutohauzAZ. They are having a sale. I have already stocked up on wiper blades for a few future years.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:09 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by SignDoc
Do you think these letters are coming simply because it might be settled this week or do you think they have information that the folks are going to like the specifics of the settlement.
I've been getting them for months. I think that the attorneys are taking the opportunity to send out a "new and improved" letter anytime a new rumor hits the ground. Because they are getting progressively more alarmist in nature. The one I got yesterday stated as a fact that the newer cars would not be part of a buyback, only the 20k older cars.

They have no idea if that is true or not.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:36 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I've been getting them for months. I think that the attorneys are taking the opportunity to send out a "new and improved" letter anytime a new rumor hits the ground. Because they are getting progressively more alarmist in nature. The one I got yesterday stated as a fact that the newer cars would not be part of a buyback, only the 20k older cars.

They have no idea if that is true or not.
They know every bit as much about things as... we do. And read the same rumor and speculation articles and quickly pump out letters based on what they read, rather than anything based in reality.

It's funny, though, that they're still pimping so hard for business when the judge has already shut them down once.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:59 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fred2
What kind of money did you pay for it?

I have been scouring the adds, and it seems that they are looking for retail $ for the 2015 cars.

It sounds like the "right price" for a 14 would be in the low 40's and a 15 in the low 50's

Is this correct?
Low 40's would be more "excellent" price based on what I've been able to dig up on 2014's.

I was at $48.5 out the door (including TTL) and also including a clear bra installation so sale price was 46-ish.

Similarly equipped 2015's that I could find (even nationally) were all listed ~$10k higher. The two other CD's I found locally (both 15s) were at a dealer notorious for not negotiating, and they were both listed at 58.9.

If they hit a low point to where people were legitimately buying these for low 40s, they may be rebounding. One could argue that the Chicago market is just "high" but using the Porsche website and doing a national search, the few diesels I found were all right in line.

Best priced one I found was a 2013 diesel down in southern Indiana at $45.9k. No idea how much they'd be willing to negotiate but my hunch is, "not much".

I think the challenge is really one of supply-and-demand. Not many available, and I think buyers who look at the diesel now are all SPECIFICALLY looking for the diesel. Dealers know it when you walk in asking, specifically, about the diesel they might have on the lot. Dealers will use #dieselgate to screw a trade, but also know that they'll make it back IF they find a buyer. If it sits on the lot a few months, they got it cheap enough it won't matter.

My hunch anyways.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:16 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Lol.
... I got a Christmas card from Porsche ... really I did. Post marked Atlanta not Stuttgart. But no check though.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue