Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 08:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Searcher356
I wonder if that means I can put a set of steelies and cheap tires on when I turn it in. Then sell my RS Spyder wheels online and pay for a vacation. I need a vacation after all this Dieselgate stuff....

(I already added a $2k factory hitch and some more stuff, above the original build. What happens to that?)
You likely can swap wheels - that doesn't greatly effect NADA value (but they do ask about "alloy" wheels.)

As far as the hitch - not worth $0.01 on trade-in so nothing extra on NADA pricing. It's only valuable to someone looking for a vehicle with one, and may be a detriment to someone who doesn't want to tow since it implies that the vehicle was used for towing, considered heavier duty use.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:06 AM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

I just put tires on the a8....now searching ebay for anything that will fit to roll into the dealership....can i remove my rear entertainment package?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Lol. Good grief. What happened to "fix" only?
Old 12-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Lol. Good grief. What happened to "fix" only?
Who said fix only was a certainty?

But putting steelies on it when you turn it in? Yeah, that won't fly. Come on people.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
But putting steelies on it when you turn it in? Yeah, that won't fly. Come on people.
Nothing like online forums to reset how low you think the bar can go among our fellow human beings.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Searcher356
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I was kind of kidding about turning in the car with steel wheels, in response to the post that all VW wanted was "able to move under its own power."

NADA, KBB, Edmunds (and Black Book to a lesser extent) are very specific about Book Value when it comes to wheels. They ask which options your car has. They also ask if you have Anthracite interior and a lot of other misc. questions - probably because Porsche has such a long option list.

But I wasn't kidding about the hitch. it's not a "resale" thing - it's a "what have you spent on your car that you will not get back if you turn it in" question. It's easy to spend an extra $3 - 5,000 on your car, just getting it ready for travel. Extra mounted snows, all-weather mats, hitch, ClearBra, cargo box, etc. How about special tools so we don't have to visit the Dealer for the all-too-frequent 5,000 mile oil changes? Those are lost if they confiscate our cars to crush them.

Some percentage of those investments ought to be recoverable if the Feds seize our cars. We'll have to see.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

Those are lost if they confiscate our cars to crush them.

Some percentage of those investments ought to be recoverable if the Feds seize our cars. We'll have to see.
WTF are you on about? There's pretty much zero likelihood of any kind of confiscating. Just stop with the fake news hype. Haven't we all had ENOUGH of that idiocy already?

As for recoverable, that's laughably stupid. Choosing to slap stuff onto a vehicle has no bearing on the kind of issue at hand here. Factory equipment, sure. But anything else would be entirely on you.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Porsche stock is up almost 5%. I wonder if someone knows something about a settlement?
Old 12-07-2016, 04:48 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

These are the NADA factory options that either add or deduct from value on the Cayennes.

W/out Power Sunroof
Luggage Rack
Bose Premium Stereo
Burmester Stereo System
Fixed Running Boards
Towing/Camper Pkg
W/out Navigation System
Air Suspension
Rear Entertainment System
Old 12-07-2016, 05:03 PM
SignDoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
These are the NADA factory options that either add or deduct from value on the Cayennes.

W/out Power Sunroof
Luggage Rack
Bose Premium Stereo
Burmester Stereo System
Fixed Running Boards
Towing/Camper Pkg
W/out Navigation System
Air Suspension
What about premium package 1 and premium plus...how are these accounted for?
Old 12-07-2016, 06:56 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

With KBB, one can check the Premium Package.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:02 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
With KBB, one can check the Premium Package.
The 2.0 ruling used NADA for valuations so ventilated seats counted for zero.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I was kind of kidding about turning in the car with steel wheels, in response to the post that all VW wanted was "able to move under its own power."

NADA, KBB, Edmunds (and Black Book to a lesser extent) are very specific about Book Value when it comes to wheels. They ask which options your car has. They also ask if you have Anthracite interior and a lot of other misc. questions - probably because Porsche has such a long option list.

But I wasn't kidding about the hitch. it's not a "resale" thing - it's a "what have you spent on your car that you will not get back if you turn it in" question. It's easy to spend an extra $3 - 5,000 on your car, just getting it ready for travel. Extra mounted snows, all-weather mats, hitch, ClearBra, cargo box, etc. How about special tools so we don't have to visit the Dealer for the all-too-frequent 5,000 mile oil changes? Those are lost if they confiscate our cars to crush them.

In reading the 2.0 liter settlement, that was brought up for an issue and there are provisions for those items. Don't think it was spelled out though.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 AM
Searcher356
Instructor

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
In reading the 2.0 liter settlement, that was brought up for an issue and there are provisions for those items. Don't think it was spelled out though.
The 2 liter cars have a much shorter list of OE options - not the $30k+ list.
You would think there would be consideration if you bought a $58k Cayenne or a $105k car.

We'll have to see.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:18 AM
Searcher356
Instructor

Originally Posted by TAch Miami

W/out Power Sunroof
Luggage Rack
Bose Premium Stereo
Burmester Stereo System
Fixed Running Boards
Towing/Camper Pkg
W/out Navigation System
Air Suspension
I apologize for my ignorance of NADA book adds. I am surprised that it ignores the huge list of options, but I am not surprised.
having spent many years in the Car Biz, I came to ignore NADA because it seemed to be unreliable.
KBB, Edmunds and Black Book all use a LONG list of options to determine value.

Now that I think about it, it's a shame that the 2.0 settlement relied on NADA values, because that source doesn't value much of anything.
I hope that the 3.0 settlement (if there is one) will consider the very large variation in equipment that is available on our Cayennes - perhaps averaging "book" values?

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue