Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Welcome to the club. I believe the VW Toureg 3.0 diesel has a goodwill program but not extended warranty. Porsche only has the extended warranty. I don't think Audi is providing anything to the 3.0 diesel owners.

[Edit: As an added note. Porsche dealers are not allowed, I believe, to sell service loaner CDs that they own. If they said it was a service loaner, then it is total misrepresentation by the salesperson]
I'm almost 100% sure that my local dealer sells their service loaners as used cars. Could be wrong.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:31 AM
SignDoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Loaners

Mine titles them all with custom plates (e.g. Porsche 1) and sells them all as CPO's. But they don't have any diesels in the loaner fleet anymore.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Reuters reporting a deal has been reached. So much for no leaks.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...oreUserAgent=1

Looks like the newer cars will be a fix only.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:54 AM
WAMIII
AutoX

Default 3.0 Settlement

As a new member here - not clear on whether I need to be signed up wit law firm in order to be part of class action - Advice greatly appreciated
Old 11-15-2016, 12:02 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by WAMIII
As a new member here - not clear on whether I need to be signed up wit law firm in order to be part of class action - Advice greatly appreciated
No need. Just make sure Porsche knows you are the owner. Of course, you can opt out of the class and hire your own attorney
Old 11-15-2016, 12:10 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

If that is so, then there is this intriguing notion: I read an article regarding the 2.0 engines (forgot where) that there is currently no enforcement regulations to force owners to comply. With the 2.0, VW is hoping that the buyback and compensation is high enough for owners to comply. Otherwise, VW would be subject to additional penalties.

So, as 3.0 owners, unless new regulations are set by EPA/CARB, we do not need to do a fix and take any compensation. The used car market may differentiate between fixed and non-fixed cars. I bet the 3.0 non-fixed cars will command a higher resale value. That may be enough for some of us NOT to take whatever compensation is offered.

As an aside, I doubt the EPA under a Trump administration will be able to set any regulations requiring us to accept a fix.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:13 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WAMIII
No need. Just make sure Porsche knows you are the owner. Of course, you can opt out of the class and hire your own attorney
This ^^^^

Call Porsche Cars North America and tell them you own a Cayenne Diesel and you have not received any information from them. Give them your VIN and you should be ok from then on. That is what I did and now I get emails and regular mail etc. You may have to do it twice, but they will eventually get you noted as the owner of record.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:46 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Where, exactly, is the cutoff for "newer" cars?

And if the fix to the newer cars "kills" them, it'll open a whole new can of worms. As with everyone, I'm very eager to see how this fix is going to work.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:57 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skiahh
Where, exactly, is the cutoff for "newer" cars?

And if the fix to the newer cars "kills" them, it'll open a whole new can of worms. As with everyone, I'm very eager to see how this fix is going to work.
I believe the older cars are the gen 1 cars, as discussed in the August court transcript - mainly Q7 and Touaregs.

Yup, the fix is the big unknown
Old 11-15-2016, 01:12 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

I believe the older cars are the gen 1 cars, as discussed in the August court transcript - mainly Q7 and Touaregs.

Yup, the fix is the big unknown
That's what I think, too. But there was some discussion of some of the early CDs (13s and maybe some 14s) needing more than the newer ones to be fixed.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm not excited at the prospect of simply a software fix....

....unless it drives like the 2016 CD loaner I had. That thing was PEPPY!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:19 PM
SignDoc
Advanced

Default Attorneys say no deal...

The lead attorney says there is no deal, the report is not true.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...alks/93896808/
Old 11-15-2016, 03:34 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SignDoc
The lead attorney says there is no deal, the report is not true.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...alks/93896808/
Whatever she says is the correct story.

As I said previously, we are being played by both the regulators and VW. Both sides use the media to float trial balloons. I am sure they read what we say here
Old 11-15-2016, 03:59 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Build

Originally Posted by gnat
Do you know the build date of your CD? I saw previously it is a 2013, but I'd love to know if it was built around the beginning of 10/2012.

What was the main symptom that led to the RMS replacement previously? Your story is sounding similar to stronbl's saga:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...el-fluid-leak/

I saw a similar leak on mine (built within a week of stronbl's) as documented in that thread, but I'm about 32k now and it hasn't returned.
I know the In Service Date is 2012 but forget the month. I am not sure the RMS was replaced. We thought it was RMS before we dropped the trans. After that was done, it was obvious the leak was from that different source.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:21 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If that is so, then there is this intriguing notion: I read an article regarding the 2.0 engines (forgot where) that there is currently no enforcement regulations to force owners to comply.
Once it's all done it comes down to the states to enforce. CA, for example, will force the fix on any owners that keep them by refusing to register them next time they are up for renewal, other states (NV and NM come to mind) have a track record of not enforcing such things, and then you have other states that sometimes do and sometimes don't so you never know.

Regardless of if your state requires it or not, however, the first time you have to take it to the dealer after the fix is readily available you can bet on it being applied.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue