Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 07:17 PM
ClaudioIrving
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Final question. I have tested everything and it’s working great. I just need to put the PCM back into its place. However, I have been trying for at least an hour and I cannot for the life of me get the cables to fit back in. I can’t push the pcm in the final centimeter or so and again don’t want to break anything. Again it’s a 2010 Cayenne gts with PCM 3.0. Any tips for getting this thing to fit?
Old 08-20-2024, 01:37 PM
Malmenator
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Is it normal to have an error code for the PCM present with this installed? Everything seems to function as it should. Just wanted to confirm if this is expected and I can ignore this error code moving forward.
Old 08-20-2024, 01:59 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Malmenator
Is it normal to have an error code for the PCM present with this installed? Everything seems to function as it should. Just wanted to confirm if this is expected and I can ignore this error code moving forward.
I have the error code.
Old 09-04-2024, 07:14 PM
shashankmittal
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In case anyone wants to change their startup logo to something else, here are few that I created. Both are 800 x 480 pixels and have been successfully tested to work in my car.

If you want the Cayenne silhouette as your logo, here is the one originally posted by @twodollardoug (I have darkened it to blend it better with the OEM startup graphics):

The following users liked this post:
Mirrorslap (09-09-2024)
Old 09-06-2024, 10:06 AM
Phteven
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone else change connected phones frequently? Both my wife and I drive our Cayenne with Mr12Volt and it's infuriating to switch phones. My wife is ready to pull the Mr12Volt out with the issues we've had.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:25 PM
shashankmittal
AutoX

Originally Posted by Phteven
Does anyone else change connected phones frequently? Both my wife and I drive our Cayenne with Mr12Volt and it's infuriating to switch phones. My wife is ready to pull the Mr12Volt out with the issues we've had.
By "change" you mean replace phones for good or switching between multiple paired phones?
Old 09-06-2024, 01:59 PM
Phteven
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by shashankmittal
By "change" you mean replace phones for good or switching between multiple paired phones?
Switching between multiple paired phones.
Old 09-09-2024, 08:32 AM
Kenrevo
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Phteven
It is annoying. I don't do it often but my girl friend likes to have hers connected on road tips. It is always a process; I have to turn off Bluetooth on my phone, restart Mr12volt, manually connect her phone to Bluetooth and then select carplay. I have to do the same process for connecting to my phone again. She want to try wired to see if it is easier but I haven't had time to pull apart the car and add a USB cable yet.
Old 09-09-2024, 08:34 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 136 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenrevo
It is annoying. I don't do it often but my girl friend likes to have hers connected on road tips. It is always a process; I have to turn off Bluetooth on my phone, restart Mr12volt, manually connect her phone to Bluetooth and then select carplay. I have to do the same process for connecting to my phone again. She want to try wired to see if it is easier but I haven't had time to pull apart the car and add a USB cable yet.
I can understand how that's a challenge. Not many users have brought this up but I have now with the manufacturer. We are looking at this for future updates/version.

Regarding us wired connection, every mr12volt comes with a USB cable. Just plug in there. No need to create something new.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
The following users liked this post:
Mirrorslap (09-09-2024)
Old 09-19-2024, 07:56 PM
shashankmittal
AutoX

I am unable to get phone call audio through car speakers when connected with Android Auto.
Setup:
1. mr12volt has latest firmware.
2. My phone Google Pixel 8 Pro is paired over bluetooth with PCM.
3. Phone is also paired over bluetooth with mr12volt.

Issue:
While using Android Auto, whether a call is made from the phone, touchscreen or steering wheel controls, there is no audio from the car's speakers.
a. Phone shows active bluetooth connection to mr12volt (screenshot attached).
b. On the phone, tapping the audio button on the call screen to switch audio from mr12volt to PCM, fixes the issue, meaning the call audio can be heard from the car's speakers.
c. Incoming calls are working fine when using Android Auto. There hasn't been an instance where I had to switch audio output.
The (b) isn't ideal as outgoing calls will always require to switch audio output from mr12volt to PCM. I have tried to reset mr12volt reboot the phone, re-paired bluetooth connection with mr12volt and PCM, but nothing helped. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Last edited by shashankmittal; 09-20-2024 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2024, 06:41 AM
Nielsdf
4th Gear

I've installed the Mr 12 Volt module to my 991.1 PCM 3.1 a few weeks ago since we were going on a roadtrip to Italy.

The Carplay functionality works seemless and boots automatically at start-up. The only issue I have is dat the bottom of the screen seems a bit wobbly every once in a while. It doesn't matter if the connection with Mr. 12 Volt is wired or wireless. Has anybody else run into this issue?
Old 09-20-2024, 08:39 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shashankmittal
I am unable to get phone call audio through car speakers when connected with Android Auto.
Setup:
1. mr12volt has latest firmware.
2. My phone Google Pixel 8 Pro is paired over bluetooth with PCM.
3. Phone is also paired over bluetooth with mr12volt.

Issue:
While using Android Auto, whether a call is made from the phone, touchscreen or steering wheel controls, there is no audio from the car's speakers.
a. Phone shows active bluetooth connection to mr12volt (screenshot attached).
b. On the phone, tapping the audio button on the call screen to switch audio from mr12volt to PCM, fixes the issue, meaning the call audio can be heard from the car's speakers.
c. Incoming calls are working fine when using Android Auto. There hasn't been an instance where I had to switch audio output.
The (b) isn't ideal as outgoing calls will always require to switch audio output from mr12volt to PCM. I have tried to reset mr12volt reboot the phone, re-paired bluetooth connection with mr12volt and PCM, but nothing helped. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Try the following: 1. What if phone doesn’t connect to PCM, only connect to Mr12volt2. ⁠unpair both PCM and Mr12volt in phone, also in P2000>Bluetooth delete all pair phones. And then pair again but make sure pair with Mr12Volt first, and PCM second
Old 09-20-2024, 08:40 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nielsdf
I've installed the Mr 12 Volt module to my 991.1 PCM 3.1 a few weeks ago since we were going on a roadtrip to Italy.

The Carplay functionality works seemless and boots automatically at start-up. The only issue I have is dat the bottom of the screen seems a bit wobbly every once in a while. It doesn't matter if the connection with Mr. 12 Volt is wired or wireless. Has anybody else run into this issue?
Any screen issues are 99.9% of the time ribbon cable related.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:20 AM
Nielsdf
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Any screen issues are 99.9% of the time ribbon cable related.
Thanks for you reply. I will remove the PCM and check if the ribbon cables are in their correct place of do I need to replace them because of a possibly faulty cable?
Old 09-20-2024, 03:59 PM
shashankmittal
AutoX

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Try the following: 1. What if phone doesn’t connect to PCM, only connect to Mr12volt2. ⁠unpair both PCM and Mr12volt in phone, also in P2000>Bluetooth delete all pair phones. And then pair again but make sure pair with Mr12Volt first, and PCM second
Hi Roman

I tried these steps -
1. Unpaired PCM and mr12volt from the phone. Removed the phone from PCM as well as P2000>Bluetooth.
2. Restarted the phone and P2000 from the factory menu. Turned off ignition and then turned it back on.
3. Paired the phone to mr12volt.
4. Outgoing and incoming phone calls work through the car speakers. SUCCESS. Steering buttons do not work. FAIL.
5. Paired phone to PCM.
6. Outgoing calls have no sound from the car speakers. FAIL . Incoming phone calls work through the car speakers. SUCCESS. Steering buttons work. SUCCESS. AndroidAuto shows call progress on screen. SUCCESS
7. During #6, if I switch the bluetooth device on the phone from mr12volt to PCM, I can get the phone call sound from the car speakers.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration