Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 05:47 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tigercay16
Hi,

Amazing thread, should be made a sticky.
I'm based in the U.K and will collect my 2016 Cayenne 3.0 Diesel tomorrow and this thread will be printed and worked through for my vehicle.
Some truly amazing things here.

What would be good would be to create a thread of a list of devices that do work with coding, though again this will be difficult to make, then maybe a link to that
thread on here? maybe others know a better way to achieve this. Can anyone help with the cheapest device that can do the coding features?

i'm sure some people will want to buy a device but the X431 you mention costs £1500 in the U.K which is quite a lot. I wouldn't mind spending £500.
I think I have seen some software that you can purchase reasonably cheap which you install on a tablet but I could be wrong as I have done little research into this.
I do know a company in London that does this, not sure if i can mention the name on this forum, but can if this is allowed. Not sure how much they charge but they
have been around for many years and deal with high end cars. They are not cheap, especially being based in a huge building in Park Royal, London but they really
are the best and very polite and kind people and can do anything with cars if it is possible.
I will be paying them a visit next week so will hope to have my features / coding done there.
I will also try to find out if they know of any other devices which can do this and report here.

I would be happy to offer this service if I buy a device. Due to the cost of the device I would think of charging a small fee of say £50 for people who want
to come to me and use the device. Your thoughts on this would be great. I'm not trying to make money, just pay for the device. If you have paid me to use the device
I would let you come and make say 2 or 3 changes / uses of the device in 1 year. After the device is paid for, i'd be happy to charge a nominal fee of say £10 or £15.

Is there anyone else in the U.K that does this? If I do this, when the device is paid for, then maybe someone else can also offer this to get a device and I will stop.
Would be nice to have a few people in major cities here offering this service.

I have not read the whole thread so apologise if what I am saying is nonsense!

I am happy to share the name of the company in London that can do this. It shouldn't be too hard to work out also!
I will ask how much they charge and report back here, if not much then pointless me buying a device, but time is money for businesses.

thank you so much for this thread.

tigercay16
Guys here on the forum help each other. Some offered to have someone come by and they'd implement codes to those cars. Free. The UK...smn
Old 10-15-2019, 08:03 PM
tigercay16
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
Guys here on the forum help each other. Some offered to have someone come by and they'd implement codes to those cars. Free. The UK...smn

As you state 'some' have offered this for free. I stated it wasn't for money and at what I was asking not at all worth my time, but saves being messed around also such as people making appointments
and not turning up. I also stated I would stop when i have paid for the device (£500 from me) to let others and spread this around other cities.

I was homeless at 15 and have no family. Every Xmas and New years my wife and I fill up a car with food and other supplies and give them out to homeless people, put some in B & B's
and do what we can. We try to spend Xmas day and New Years with homeless people and have done this for a number of years in 2 Cities here. We go away quite often and the first thing we do is take some money
and feed or give some away to homeless people before we start to enjoy our holiday, then there is no excuse that we have spent too much and cant do this at the end of our trip. I know what I have done for others.

Not sure I'd be too keen to offer this service for free and give people I don't know my home address, knowing I own a couple of Porsches. I think the small fee stops a lot of messing around
for me and helps me pay for the device which is a fair amount. If i could find one for £500 i'd buy it. But even I doubt I could get that many people to pay for the device and it would take a long time.
Also if you afford to drive a Porsche, Merc or BMW what is even £50 to use it? I'd pay £100. Just ideas i'm putting together.

I didn't think it was as bad as you have made out. Others do a lot worse, everyday.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:10 AM
danielcooper9
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Not to get to far off subject here but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tigercay's suggestion, in my opinion. As someone who has spent thousands of dollars on special tools myself, why would I make that kind of investment and then invite just anyone over to my house to use them for free or loan them for free? For certain people on the fourmn i absolutely would do that but not as just some public offering just because you took the effort to sign up to a website and don't want to spend the money yourself.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:11 AM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by danielcooper9
Not to get to far off subject here but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tigercay's suggestion, in my opinion. As someone who has spent thousands of dollars on special tools myself, why would I make that kind of investment and then invite just anyone over to my house to use them for free or loan them for free? For certain people on the fourmn i absolutely would do that but not as just some public offering just because you took the effort to sign up to a website and don't want to spend the money yourself.
I'm inclined to agree.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 AM
tigercay16
Advanced

Originally Posted by danielcooper9
Originally Posted by sterod
I'm inclined to agree.
Thank you so much, I was quite hurt by the last three letters (which I had to look up) and last 3 words. I'll stop before I go on and on. People who really have money would not entertain random people at their house, I doubt they want me at their house and I try to be as polite as possible
and due to my past I don't take things for free, I find it hard and have to give something anyway and never give rubbish. Even giving chocolates to hotel staff and more. I got 3 days free parking in a london hotel, saving me £45 as I gave some chocolates and other items to the ladies.
Without informing me they set my car for free parking. I was staying at the hotel across the road who had closed their carpark for renovation! Registered mine at the hotel and gave my details and phone number in case of an issue. Spent some time talking and they set my car on free parking,
though it was third partied to another company.

It is very time consuming to code a car depending on which settings you want. I can't believe my Kim K Cayenne does not allow me to change some of these features, only by this method. I will check but the mirrors should fold automatically upon locking the car at the very least.
Parking this beast is bad enough in the U.K as the national car park space is perfectly designed for a Ford Focus and in Europe a Fiat 500. The white lines for car spaces here are basically like a forensic outline of the vehicle. I'm literally sitting on them as an outline of the car!
Also there can be a lot of jealousy out there, some people not wanting to let you out while others are kind. The mirrors sticking out could be that trigger to make someone take off the mirrors and this does happen here. There are many complaints in London about supercars
coming from the middle east for example. Making noise etc around Harrods / Kensington areas. While I understand, this should not lead to violence, aggression or damage to someones property. I also feel shocked at the reaction of some residents, who behave like military
action should take place! You wanna come to our local McD's late at night and supermarket car park and see the intimidating riff raff leaving drug paraphernalia around. I would happily approach someone in a supercar for help or to tone it down and I know being polite will
usually get such a response. I'd rather have a problem with a supercar owner than some of these others who have this 'nothing to lose / live for' attitude. I am not rich but have always found most people with money very very kind and reasonable.

In the same respect these are very very expensive areas and 1 bed flats are well over £1 mill. A single car park space in the area will set you back £500,000.
Which wouldn't be the case if these supercars weren't lingering around, sorry if you don't agree, I know it can be annoying and people revving for no reason should be stopped, but I know if everyone in my street owned a merc or Porsche then the value of my house would
rise significantly, the sale would be easier and I could move even if not the ideal solution. These are all 1st world problems.
To pay to activate this and other features seems like a sick joke at my expense, or at least very cheeky. My 07 merc does this but my 16 Cayenne, nope. Also I am in I.T and software so it's expensive for essentially software. I can think of too many things I can spend £1500 on.

I will ask my guys here what system they use or if they know the cheapest one. Report back here, try to find someone who has this for their advice and see if this is a viable option or not. I also feel these settings are personal and owners may feel to change them from time to time
which is why I thought a few more people owning one like me could make changes as and when.

I used the 'print' feature from my Chrome and saved as a pdf. Both ways Landscape and Portrait. Both saved badly so I'm doing something wrong. I wanted to print off the entire thread to go over and mark the sections / features I want to change.
Any advice on doing this, is there a better way that it comes out so nothing is overlapping? I would like to make numerous changes and want to learn most of what can be done so I know.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:40 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Maaaaaaaaannnn.......

You guys are waaaaay to sensitive. Deviated completely from a good topic. My reply was like 1 sentence and more a joke at that. Replies were novels.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:41 AM
tigercay16
Advanced

In my Cayenne I have the air suspension set to 1 level down. When I start the car this is how it is set, as I have only had the car for a day I have just not moved it except testing prior to purchase. At 1 level down the vehicle sets off in 1st gear.

I was wondering whether coding can change this, for the car to set off in 2nd gear at ride height -1 or if this cannot be changed?
Also, can I deactivate the engine start stop feature without having to press the button to deactivate it each time I start the car? (probably been asked this a million times!)
Old 10-19-2019, 12:31 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello. Like this thread. Has anyone tried this with Durametric Pro? I have an Enthusiast version I can upgrade to Pro for about half of the cost of the X431.

Also, anyone figured out how to get the automatic high beans to engage below 40mph?

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:18 PM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Kish
Hello. Like this thread. Has anyone tried this with Durametric Pro? I have an Enthusiast version I can upgrade to Pro for about half of the cost of the X431.

Also, anyone figured out how to get the automatic high beans to engage below 40mph?

Thanks.
The Durametric Pro does not have the ability to do the brush/modify hidden coding. Its coding abilities are quite limited, eg: battery coding, seat belt chimes, etc.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:21 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 247 Posts

My ctt's speedometer speed does not match the GPS speed. At 84 mph speedometer indication is actually 80 mph GPS indication. I poked around in the instrument cluster module and think I can fix it. There are a few codes that can be changed. But I'm a little nervous about changing them. Has anyone been able to correct their speedometer yet? Before I spend a bunch of time researching?
Old 10-20-2019, 04:04 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
My ctt's speedometer speed does not match the GPS speed. At 84 mph speedometer indication is actually 80 mph GPS indication. I poked around in the instrument cluster module and think I can fix it. There are a few codes that can be changed. But I'm a little nervous about changing them. Has anyone been able to correct their speedometer yet? Before I spend a bunch of time researching?
wish to have the time to poke around fr that, if you do please post the steps.

Willing to help out anyone interested in coding , Travel not so often to Vancouver , Comox valley and Victoria BC
Old 10-21-2019, 07:20 PM
mytblue
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Guys, on the launch 431 v+ I'm looking for these 2 pieces of info for my 11 CTT:
. engine oil level reading
. Auto transmission fluid temperature reading

I've been reading thru the thread & poking about the Launch, but have not stumbled across them yet.

Thanks
David
Old 10-30-2019, 09:16 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Did a search for " Start" and " Stop" , in the suspected modules and changed all settings. except two fields the change was not accepted.
now the message in blue saying Start/Stop disabled appears 90% of the time so far.
when it dies that the button in the center console become disabled .
Old 10-30-2019, 09:20 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by marinerbc
Did a search for " Start" and " Stop" , in the suspected modules and changed all settings. except two fields the change was not accepted.
now the message in blue saying Start/Stop disabled appears 90% of the time so far.
when it dies that the button in the center console become disabled .
You can turn off the warning.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:54 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
You can turn off the warning.
Thought about that, but could not find the related settings , then thought of i needed it to appear for now until i have the time to study the pattern of the Start/Stop deactivation.
so far for sure it does work most of the time.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion