Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:16 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
... and my chocolate lab, and she's not that picky about setting her own individual temperature.
BTW it is a pricey option but is'nt that a given with Porsche.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
BTW it is a pricey option but is'nt that a given with Porsche.
Goes without saying.....
Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good point Riley. It is quite aesthetically appealing although I ahve no idea how that area looks in a Cayenne w/out 4 zone. Can you elaborate for the benefit of others. Do you have 4-zone on your build?
did not option it ($1020) but after visiting dealer and seeing it without the 4 zone i wish i did, (i will find a picture, their are the "fake button fillers" all over the panel and two "pockets" that will hold absolutely nothing.. the lock button is still there however..

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
All due respect Riley, but I think that's grossly overstated; it's the same basic vent design without the buttons. TEHO, I suppose. The 4-zone is significant additional cost and complexity. A nice feature if you really need it but the primary occupants of the area behind my front seats will be luggage, golf clubs, and my chocolate lab, and she's not that picky about setting her own individual temperature.
the two vents in middle=same... the area where the buttons are is whats different and full of "faux buttons" which looks like "hey what didn't you pay for" versus just having all a solid piece and no faux buttons.. the faux buttons on the front console upset me as well (if u dont get the heated/air seats and the other options)

again, ill find pics.. i dont think any dealer would openly take a picture of the console and show the ugly faux buttons off however.

if anyone has one without 4 zone, i would appreciate a photo.. no offense to your car/purchase because thats how i bought mine.. just not a fan of how porsche chose to make it look...

***EDIT****
See below. (thank you Daddyscar)

Last edited by rijowysock; 02-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:56 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Here's how it looks without any rear seat options. All you get are vents and a door lock button.
Attached Images  

Last edited by daddyscar; 02-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:24 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Here's how it looks without any rear seat options. All you get are vents and a door lock button.
YES!,

not going against daddyscar, or his vehicle/choices/so forth... but im not just not happy with Porsche on their choice on how to go about this..

For the REAR yes there are variations (REAR AC/ REAR HEATED SEATS/ (bottom right button, no clue) i think a better panel could have been created despite the 6 varying ways of being setup)

The FRONT console has the same faux buttons, BUT they looka little better considering theirs quite a few real buttons as well (variations include Heated seats, AC seats, Air Suspension(good cover up with change slot), parking heater, and the top right button above parking heater which I'm not sure what it is)

I'm never going to be sitting in the back seat, but doesn't mean i don't think its an eye sore.

-Riley

Last edited by rijowysock; 02-05-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Oh my God ... I've seen some previous shots of daddy's cars stunning interior with the sport steering wheel etc ...and that rear center panel is just gross injustice to the rest of his Cayenne's interior. I can't believe that Porsche could not come up with something better. What is that sliding door in the dead center ?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:56 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Yes, the fully loaded rear seat option buttons looks very impressive. I just leave a wad of money in that rear center bin when I need to impress rear seat passengers I have all sorts of blank buttons on the console above the rear view mirror plus that small rubberized slot where the PASM control would go that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. It may bother you knowing they are just blank buttons, but most people sitting in a new Cayenne won't notice them and still think it's one of the nicest car interiors around.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

..... they are just blank buttons, but most people sitting in a new Cayenne won't notice them and still think it's one of the nicest car interiors around.
+ 1 for that.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:05 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Oh my God ... I've seen some previous shots of daddy's cars stunning interior with the sport steering wheel etc ...and that rear center panel is just gross injustice to the rest of his Cayenne's interior. I can't believe that Porsche could not come up with something better. What is that sliding door in the dead center ?
There's no sliding door. That thing in the dead center is just a bin. You can stick a couple iphones back to back in there or, for reference sakes, a pack of cigarettes.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Good that there is some storage area. Plus I ahve to say that the 4 zone is a pricey option and I debated back and forth before adding it one day before the lock date.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I just leave a wad of money in that rear center bin when I need to impress rear seat passengers
Yeah, about $1020 should do it.......
Old 02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Yes, the fully loaded rear seat option buttons looks very impressive. I just leave a wad of money in that rear center bin when I need to impress rear seat passengers I have all sorts of blank buttons on the console above the rear view mirror plus that small rubberized slot where the PASM control would go that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. It may bother you knowing they are just blank buttons, but most people sitting in a new Cayenne won't notice them and still think it's one of the nicest car interiors around.
i guess you could leave $1020 and $525 back there and call it a day...

the blank buttons still bother me and considering the car i optioned out, i will have quite a few of them as well. above mirror, console and rear of console :-/

i dont even know what the blank slot bottom right in back of console is for, or the button above the parking heater, or above the rear view mirror (the car has the homelink 3 buttons up there standard right?)
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 AM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Another picture found on a different forum, agreed it could be better looking, but not that bad. In my situation, with young children, it makes no sense to spec it as they are likely to kick the swanky controls with their shoes...
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2011, 10:21 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

I take back my words ... As cpd1 states, it's not that bad at all. Thank you for that picture cpd1. Very nicely done .
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: wheel arch ext. & side door protection mould

Why did I order it: I am probably one of the very few here who is a big fan of the plastic mould on the vehicle and felt that the extensions would offer additional protection against scrapes at the same time give the vehicle an aggressive look.

My review: Compared to the stock plastic moulding, I do feel that the extensions give it a sportier look. Whether it is worth $990.00 is another question. For most people, I think not. For me .....hmmm looking at the pics, what do you guys think ? I truly believe the looks will be further enhanced when the stock 20 inch RS spyder wheels go back on. I hope you all now how the standard plastic mould looks on the 2011 Cayenne, if not let me know I can find one. BTW, it will take some additional TLC to keep it looking fresh and avoid it from cracking and fading with time but as many here know, I love detailing my cars and more importantly Amazon sells 303 Aerospace Protectant by the gallon

If I had to do it again: My wife seems to think that the side door protection that it offers is worth the $$ spent. So I am not going to argue.....right
Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-08-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar