Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Burmeister
+Cognac
+18 ways
+heated+AC seats
+Nav?
+20"+18"

=your crazy man!. haha.. ida just been like "Turbo!" then again you'd have to add the options to the turbo then and would be 140k car.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by cpd1
Love the color reproduction, you are gifted with the camera. But surely no harder to keep clean than standard beige? Imagine much harder than black but you think worse than other lighter colors?
I am not even a semi-pro. I just have a nice camera and boats load of passion for Porsches.

Originally Posted by pedah3
Just saw a Espresso/Cognac in person a couple of weeks ago locally. I had already locked the order with that combo (also with piano black) so was greatly relieved it looked so good. Congrats.

All the way to Portland to get the car? History there or just bad experiences with the WA dealers?
See you stopped in Goldendale - ever done the Maryhill Loops road? Its a total blast to do the hill-climb without any traffic. Audi Club NW goes there annually but we/they welcome all makes. Always a few Porsche drivers there.
Let's talk about why I went to Portland via PMs. I would love to connect with you sometime. I don't want to mention about the way my previous P-dealer treated me. The guys at Sunset are a class act. I would love to join you on the ML road, checked out those roads .. boy it's our version of transfagarasan highway.

Originally Posted by rome
Dude...I forgot you put a Burmester in that thing.... How are you liking THAT?!?!
Surreal .....But not good for XM (little disappointed in that).

Originally Posted by rijowysock
Burmeister
+Cognac
+18 ways
+heated+AC seats
+Nav?
+20"+18"

=your crazy man!. haha.. ida just been like "Turbo!" then again you'd have to add the options to the turbo then and would be 140k car.
Riley why did it take you such a long time to realize that I was crazy ...and add broke
Old 01-26-2011, 02:03 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: Heated windshield

Sorry guys I know that this is not an option that most would order but just had to get it out there before many others get burnt badly.

Why did I order it: I absolutely despise that loud draft of air from the vents for defogging. Was under the impression with the heated windshield's one touch button feature, I can defog without the draft of air.

My review: Monumental mistake. Huge distraction both day and night time (especially night time with the fuzziness created by dispersion of the light from the oncoming headlights on the heating element (see pictures which accurately depict what I've been dealing with). The worst part is it does not work for defogging (still have to use the draft) and I don't even get that much snow. I can't believe Porsche got away with this one. SHould I complain to the dealer ?

If I had to do it again: Got badly burnt on this one......Will definitely change it in the near future coz I doubt if I would ever get used to this (rome care to chime in). I shudder to think what it would do to the factory seal once windshield is replaced. Is it a big deal or not to change the windshield (provided I take it to an expert shop).

Now I don't know how much it will cost me to replace. I'm guessing north of 1K. So for all of you that I've saved this $490 option, please contribute $100 to the w00t fund. For everyone else ... just for the entertainment value this thread provides the fee is very nominal: $25 only
Attached Images     
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, thats not good at all, why doesn't it defog? (should work like rear window right?) or it is solely for melting snow on windshield?

your help if read, should help tons of people.

i love the cognac, love the air susp, i could never talk myself into burmeister however... and i will never order XM after my 997.2.... just dont understand why its superior to some.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:33 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Riley, I don't know why it doesn't defog. I'm sure Rome will chime in. He says he would absolutely order this again. I am curious if he got used to it and his eyes are able to accommodate this. I hardly park outside and not much snow here. May be I am doing something wrong ?? WHy is XM such horrible quality .. is it not HD radio ?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

W00t, sorry to hear about the heated windscreen. I test drove a Cayenne last week at my dealer and it had that option fitted. Even on a sunny day (unusual in the UK) it was to my eyes bothersome. I could see it would bother me big time at night. If not too efficient on the top of this, that's no good. I skipped it and went for parking heater instead, more expensive but kills the problem at the source . I figured that not getting heated windscreen and heated steering wheel and I was half there on the parking heater. As an aside, salesman said it is also v expensive to replace windscreen if damaged. He said that rain/light sensor has also to be replaced, so might cost you a bit to fit a standard windscreen. My Audi had its windscreen replaced due to a leak (!) and I was concerned about factory seal as you are but dealer did a great job. If U do get it replaced def get it done at official dealer esp. on such a beautiful car as yours.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
jrams31
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it and it is distracting at night. I would have passed on it had i known.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

I have just now lodged an official complaint with PCNA. It is very distracting and night time it is almost a safety issue. My dealer at Sunset Porsche has been very supportive of me.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

At first I too had real problems with the distortion caused by the heating elements. However, now with about 1,600mi under my belt I am much more accustomed to it - but I still think they should have done a better job. Mine is at my dealer today because the heating element isn't working (never has). I took a series of glass temperature measurements and it doesn't budge when you turn it on. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Blaine also one more question, is the heated windshield designed to help with defogging too.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:37 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But at least this PITA is fixable by replacing the windshield, no? I understand it's not good enough, it's an expensive option, blah-blah, but that's an option?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Blaine also one more question, is the heated windshield designed to help with defogging too.

I would sure hope so. My dealer has confirmed there is a problem and is working on a solution with Porsche. By the way, do you have the Light Comfort Package? I think that the two issues I'm having are related.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: The Burmester High-End surround sound system

Why did I order it ? Do you even have to ask ? I will say this without any shame: Burmester was probably one of the biggest draws (if not THE biggest draw) for me on the 2011 Cayenne. I love music and wanted the best SUV on this planet to be equipped with a truly “high end” audio system. Unfortunately the term “high end” is used rather loosely …

My review: One word: DIVINE. Apex of German engineering on display. Here is one example (I could go on and on…): When the sound impression has been adjusted once, the Sound conditioner maintains this setting regardless of the changing outside noise while driving. How you may ask ?? The soundscape of the interior is captured by a microphone, while an intelligent algorithm delicately adjusts volume and sound in real-time. To truly bring out the abundant bass and richly textured spatial sound on tap you have to play high quality CD's. XM radio and MP3 does not do even 50 % justice to the craftsmanship that goes into making of the Burmester. Trust me. The system sounds very average on these formats.

If I had to do it again: Absolutely positively YES. This system is a must have for music and technology buffs. If you predominantly listen to compressed format music (MP3) or satellite radio then don’t waste your money on the BURM… get PDCC and PTV instead.....unless you want to have bragging rights as an owner of a vehicle equipped with a Burmester (and can tell friends that the only other brand that carries this system is the Bugatti Veyron).
Attached Images      
Old 01-28-2011, 10:23 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Riley, I don't know why it doesn't defog. I'm sure Rome will chime in. He says he would absolutely order this again. I am curious if he got used to it and his eyes are able to accommodate this. I hardly park outside and not much snow here. May be I am doing something wrong ?? WHy is XM such horrible quality .. is it not HD radio ?

I'm actually loving my heated windscreen (after not being sold on it when I first took delivery). Mine defogs quite well, and it turns falling snow into streaming water. Best of all, it eliminates the build up of ice and snow (on the far lef tof the windshield) when the wipers clear the windscreen. The coils are distracting, but I've gotten quite used to them in the last two months. I would order it again.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rome
I'm actually loving my heated windscreen (after not being sold on it when I first took delivery). Mine defogs quite well, and it turns falling snow into streaming water. Best of all, it eliminates the build up of ice and snow (on the far lef tof the windshield) when the wipers clear the windscreen. The coils are distracting, but I've gotten quite used to them in the last two months. I would order it again.
Thank you Rome. So IYHO, is there a good chance that one may get used to the visual artifact with time ?

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar