Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 408 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Add me to the minority list slw. Hope you have some 303 aerospace protectant. Daddy's car, I've never tried vinylex.
Ordered some today from Amazon- thanks for the tip
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happen to have both Vinylex (brother/sister of Lexol for leather treatment) and 303. According to the containers 303 is rated 40 spf and vinylex is 60 DH for sun protection. No idea what the difference is in spf and DH ratings. Both do the job in my experience. A benefit of vinylex is that it seems to be more readily available at local retail stores while 303 is more easily found, in my experience, from internet stores. Vinylex seems a bit richer and like Lexol might be more used for conditioning of materials so I use it more for interior treatment of non-leather materials. At the moment I have 303 on my black wheel moldings for the C, though there is virtually no UV during these winter months. Detailing forums here and elsewhere will have lots of discussions about these and dozens of other such treatments.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't say i am a fan of the new Cayenne. The front center vents looks like the Lexus RX series way too much, imo they stick out and look ugly. The compass belongs on an infiniti or cadillac, looks old fashioned. The front end is actually pretty nice, but like most the rear end is very ugly, and i am a big fan of rear ends. The side mirrors look like Honda Del Sol/S2000 type, look out of place, the old design was much better. The wheel archs are also kinda an eye sore, if they were more like the BMW X5 then they would look better, but because they are stuck on with double sided tape, the look/feel cheap (my 04 came with them and ripped them off the day i bought it). I also do not like the light/ 2 tone interior, always been a fan of black interior only.

To each his own, i will stick to what i have. Do not see one of these on the purchase list ever

Last edited by Brit6; 02-10-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: bad link
Old 02-10-2011, 02:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

So you don't like anything on my Cayenne, the exterior, interior, compass etc etc. I am perfectly okay with that. But what point where you trying to prove by cluttering this thread by posting that corvette picture ? Am I missing something ?I have a small tip for you: If it is that much of an eyesore, you are probably better of avoiding this thread now that you know what's in store. I have plenty of other options on my Cayenne to review.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-10-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Brit6
Racer

Just giving my opinion/what i noticed like everyone else, wasn't meant to be offensive. The picture was to show the similarities in the vents so people didn't have to look it up. (Don't get the corvette picture reference tho?)
Why would I avoid the thread? Its still nice to see what new options/designs look like and to see what other people feel about the new Cayenne.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

So you don't like anything on my Cayenne, the exterior, interior, compass etc etc. I am perfectly okay with that. But what point where you trying to prove by cluttering this thread by posting that corvette picture ? Am I missing something ?I have a small tip for you: If it is that much of an eyesore, you are probably better of avoiding this thread now that you know what's in store. I have plenty of other options on my Cayenne to review.
What's funny is he bags on the Cayenne interior but puts up a pic of a Corvette which is consistently criticized for having dated and low quality interiors. That's like complaining about a cars reliability than putting up a picture of a Land Rover. Wait, maybe it was supposed to be example of another he didn't like?? By the way, I do like Corvettes.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Brit6
Racer

Sorry, it was a bad link, i fixed it.

Peace please
Old 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

I am okay with criticism but to use words such as ugly, eyesore, cheap, etc when I am showcasing my vehicle to those who may be interested in dumping 70 to 150 K is another thing. Again may be I am the only guy here who is over-reacting to your post and there is probably nothing wrong with those remarks you just made ... but it just does not bode well for me.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all right to give an opinion. It's not all right to downright dump on the color CHOICE W00t made for his vehicle. Brit6, you do realize that this car comes with different interior color options and black is one of them, just like it's an OPTION to have or not to have a compass?!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
It's all right to give an opinion. It's not all right to downright dump on the color CHOICE W00t made for his vehicle...
That's all I am saying. Many here don't like the styling but it was just the way it was stated.. In any case, peace here from my end too.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Brit6
Racer

I am aware that all vehicles have options. I just want to know what makes a light colour interior attractive to some or a compass for that matter. They are all personal preference, i just would have thought that the majority of people would pick a black interior.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

That's all I am saying. Many here don't like the styling but it was just the way it was stated.. In any case, peace here from my end too.
I'm guessing Brit weren't "WOWed" and decided to let you know
Old 02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Brit6
Racer

hahaha you got it! I held some comment back too Im glad im not the only one that doesnt like the styling though!

Enjoy the ride though, it's what YOU wanted
Old 02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brit6
I am aware that all vehicles have options. I just want to know what makes a light colour interior attractive to some or a compass for that matter. They are all personal preference, i just would have thought that the majority of people would pick a black interior.
You really expect an answer regarding why people choose certain colors over others? This could get interesting

For the record, my interior will be the same as W00t's and the reason I went for it is because I can't stand black interiors. They are boring and aesthetically NOT pleasing to my eye (rome, your car is an exception, you know that right? lol). Is that enough of an explanation for you?

And btw, that Lexus interior photo you posted resembles RR's interior. I see zero resemblance with Cayenne's espresso/cognac
Old 02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Brit6
Racer

Which is odd because i find the total opposite. I feel that beige interiors are more suited to types of cars that women drive, since beige is more of a women colour while black is a manly colour. Also beige gets dirrty much faster and stays that way. Do you also believe wood trim belongs on vehicles too?

The biggest factor is this one: Beige seems to be more a luxury colour while black is more sporty.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar