Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

In Hinduism, avatar (Sanskrit for "descent" [viz., from heaven to earth]) refers to a deliberate descent of a deity from heaven to earth, or a descent of the Supreme Being (i.e., Vishnu) and is mostly translated into English as "incarnation", but more accurately as "appearance" or "manifestation".
This is the story of my Cayenne's avatar....

How the day started: After a three hour drive from my hometown my family and I reached my Porsche dealer in Beaverton, OR at 11:00 AM, an hour behind schedule. Sunset Porsche/Audi’s team of Mazy H. (Sales manager) and sales consultant’s (Gregg R.) product knowledge, attention to detail, customer service was second to none. I have bought several cars in my country of origin in India and here in USA for over 20 years and hands down this is by far the best experience I’ve ever had. Right from my first phone call 4 months ago to get a price quote all the way to the day of delivery they were constantly interacting with me. They initially reviewed my order for any major hits or misses, constantly updated me with some key dates during the embryological process (the build date, vessel loading date, USA point of arrival date and delivery date), installed the TPMS and then mounted the 18 inch winter tires, clear side markers, all season mats/cargo liners, loaded all 4 summer tires mounted on stock 20 inch RS spyder wheels in the back of the vehicle and provided me a complimentary Porsche 2011 calendar. They clearly knew how much of a Porschephile I was and catered to all my whims and fancies. These are people who you wish you could give business every year. In essence, they are like family for me.

At the dealership: The technical briefing continued for half an hour … Gregg recognized the fact that I was a C4S owner and kept it short and crisp. My body language suggested only one thing: Time is short, so let’s head for the countless curves, corners and hills on my way back home and fill in the details as they manifest themselves.

The drive: During the next three hours I explored every single PASM, air suspension setting on a spirited drive within the confines of the break in rules. In short, it did not take me much time to realize that the vehicle was just a large 911. Being blessed with more than 85 curves en-route, time and again I was first hand witnessing how the Cayenne rocketed out of tight turns. More impressive was how the grip was being maintained even on the tightest hairpins without a hint of bodyroll. After each corner exit acceleration the steering was grabbing my hands and begging me to lead her to the next curve (which was just seconds away) to try out what PTV is all about and boy did she deliver… Columbia river gorge, Satus pass … endless mountains ... PNW and Cayenne are made for each other. The baby equipped with all the armor (PASM, AS, PDCC and PTV) was already experiencing every challenge that it was destined to face just a few days after it left it’s production facility in Leipzig. With several areas of single lanes on either direction, passing every big rig to the left when legally possible and then getting back to the lane immediately afterwards lent itself to a slalom like drill putting PDCC to the ultimate test and it was delightful experience. The Cayenne is big, but clearly manages to shrink the faster you drive it and the harder you corner it. The seating position of the 18-ways, general ergonomics, fit and finish of the interior were all flawless and designed to perfection. My first three hours of piloting the Cayenne was such a rewarding experience … several times during which I actually thought about going back and sharing my discount with Porsche AG and my wonderful dealer.

Not a fair review: Oh! It’s past midnight, I just realized that my initial impressions were skewed due to the weight penalty in the forms of 4 extra wheels/tires that I was carrying at the back. Let me unload the wheels, rejoice in the insanity while I have access to it before my wife wakes up in the morning. Why can’t daylight savings time end tonight so that I get an extra hour to play…

It's not over. The best is yet to come: While I’m gone here are some pictures that were shot along the way by my 9 yr old daughter as she was traveling with her mom and a couple that were taken by me. I tell you it was hard to pull myself out of the driver’s seat to take these shots. Just did it for my beloved team here. Oh BTW, this is just the beginning in terms of the joyride. Every single option I have ordered will have a dedicated thread that showcases its picture and my review. Stay tuned a lot more pictures to come tomorrow.
Attached Images      

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-25-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:37 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

one more .. that V8 growl is pulling me back into the garage .. gotta go
Attached Images   
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 AM
pilot b777
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice Congregation man
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

I see you are trying to confuse an old man, you say the "growl of the V8 is pulling you back into the garage" yet only Porsche is on the back deck. Did you partially de-badge the rear? Great looking Cayenne. Getting excited about ours coming. It is scheduled to be " production complete" on 9 Feb. I have specifically asked that the German National 8 man rowing crew help paddle the ship to get it here quicker. Enjoy the new ride.

P.S. Fantastic looking interior, that was my second choice, Blue is always my wife's and my first
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Awesome! I love the interior! ENJOY
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

सूअर
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have purchased a couple different versions from Mazy and he does an outstanding job. Enjoy your ride!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Outstanding! Congrats...
Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
Outstanding! Congrats...
+2.
Now you just need to update your signature.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, W00t.

How long did it take from the moment it got on the vessel?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts

wow!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Congrats, W00t.

How long did it take from the moment it got on the vessel?
Why would you want to know that??
Old 01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Why would you want to know that??
Curious to see if the wait time will be similar with my upcoming Lexus.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i like the de-badging down to just Porsche on the rear trunk
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
loaded all 4 summer tires mounted on stock 20 inch RS spyder wheels in the back of the vehicle

did all 4 fit in the rear trunk area? how did they fit them in where they were safe and secure for the trip (i have to do the same but 1200 mile trip with mine)

-riley

btw:

love the interior!... car looks good.... i have an odd feeling i will order another cayenne after a few months with Air Susp+PASM+Full Leather Interior :-D

Last edited by rijowysock; 01-24-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar