Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
King Luis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love this thread. my top 10 favourites.

can you do a review and possibly a vid on the air suspension?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by King Luis
love this thread. my top 10 favourites.

can you do a review and possibly a vid on the air suspension?
Thank you. Will get to AS hopefully soon. Pepper is not with me right now.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:32 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope everything is OK with your truck. is it in the shop?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: 18-way adaptive sport seats

Why did I order it:

1) I have always loved the snug fit of the adaptive sport seats (***) on my 997.2 and even though they carry a weight penalty, the benefits outweighed the weight it added to the car. On the 997's you cannot get ventilated seats on the *** but that is not the case with the Cayenne's 18-ways which in many ways mirrors the *** in design (except for the thigh extension which is not available on the 997s). On our Cayenne with PASM, PDCC and PTV the last thing I want is to sway from side to side during a spirited drive.

2) I just absolutely fell in love with the stitch pattern of the seat centers and higher side bolsters which added to the sporty character of the Cayenne

3) The rear seats are also designed as sport seats which works well for my two daughters.

4) Appeared to look like it had firmer upholstery compared to the other seat options .. was not sure on this.

My review: After several hours of seat time, I'm now convinced that the 18-ways are one of the most comfortable seats out there in the market ... even better than the X5 (I never thought there could be any seats more comfortable than the bimmer's sports seats). The reason I say this is that after multiple adjustments I now know that these just fit me so well. The back inclined to the degree I want, the base angled acute enough tilting the thigh to about the perfect angle, lumbar support to about 50%, the seat almost fully back to stretch my legs to reach the pedals and finally the thigh extension (see first picture .... which by the way is divine for people with long femurs) deployed to it's maximum ... Ooh just about perfect and pure delight for me and not an iota of discomfort even after three hours of driving. Please be adviced that the 18-ways are not for all. I'm 6'1 190 lbs. Even if I gain another 10 lbs of weight, I may not feel as comfortable as I currently am. The sculpted outer thigh side bolsters are susceptible for accelerated wear (or soiling..see third picture) each time we get in and out of these seats.

Is the 18-way seat right for you ? I think much depends on 1) your size and comfort in the seat, 2) if anyone else might be driving 3) number of passengers that are going to be traveling with you on the backrow. Given how narrow the center seat is, even one adult passenger along with two car seats on either side would be a punishment. As for the front seats, for some even with normal size the thigh side bolsters may be a tad bit tight. Go try it out. Please don't select the wrong seat sight unseen or experienced on a nice test drive for a $50 to 1___K vehicle.

If I had to do it again: Why would I settle for anything less than what works perfect for me and family. Plus now I have one more solid reason to not gain any additional weight. Oh honey ... we absolutely cannot have a third addition to our family
Attached Images      

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-19-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

mt-sfo, pepper is doing fine. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Adaptive Sport Seats = ***

That's one acronym I don't think we'll be seeing in the Porsche brochures!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:02 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

W00t, what are you photoshopping outside the windows there?
Old 02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Helios59
Adaptive Sport Seats = ***

That's one acronym I don't think we'll be seeing in the Porsche brochures!
Hi Ray

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Pops, anything that detracts from the beautiful stitch pattern of the *** will be photoshopped ... and that includes the neighbor's garage door and their recycle bin
Old 02-19-2011, 04:24 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there a difference in the perforation of the leather on the front seats vs the rear seats?

glad to hear your beast is doing great! keep the awesome reviews coming. my pepper just went through the panama canal... reading your reviews keeps getting me more and more excited.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mt-sfo
is there a difference in the perforation of the leather on the front seats vs the rear seats?

glad to hear your beast is doing great! keep the awesome reviews coming. my pepper just went through the panama canal... reading your reviews keeps getting me more and more excited.
Yes the front has ventilated seats, hence the perforated pattern. Wow, I am excited for your baby.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

wow, that's some really nicely spec'd pepper!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
hes not supposed to have stripper poles so .....
Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
And here I thought it was a frosted window option...
Old 02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
gps
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the pano roof fully open ?

Great Reviews , Thanks ¨
Does the pano roof fully open ? even in the back, any pics would be a+
GPS

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Why did I order it: Never had a pana roof in any of my cars to date. Don’t see myself adding any more cars to the stable anytime soon; hence went for it.

My review: During the ordering stages I had quite a few concerns. I've outlined them and what follows is my response now that I have the pan roof.

1) Too much sunlight entering the cabin: Not really. The power shade has a closely-knit mesh material that cuts about 85 % of the sunlight. Given the fact that the two glass segments have a fairly decent tint (I think this level of tint is standard to even vehicles without thermal insulating glass), I never close the mesh cover and still hardly ever notice the sunlight. I will say this though. I have never sat in the backseats and my vehicle is equipped with thermal insulated glass windows so I don’t know how this would affect my impressions on the pana roof. Even come summer, I really don’t think too much light or heat will be a problem.

2) Squeaking: Nope. Even when driving up over an uneven surface or at 60 % incline/decline, no squeaks or rattles … yet.

3) Road noise: Don’t think so. The aid of special flaps, (see first picture) reduces turbulence and noise, even when roof is open when travelling at moderate speeds. When the pana roof is closed I hear very little road noise. Having said that I do not have a Cayenne without the pana roof to compare to and the presence of noise insulated glass option may skew my impressions on the positive side.

4) Added weight. Yeh, but certainly lighter than the pana roof of other vehicles icluding the pre-2011 Cayennes.

5)Cost of replacement or repair (should the mechanics fail in the future) and loss of structural integrity compared to a solid metal roof …. Ehh! Let’s not go there. I am the kind of guy that would like to enjoy and be thankful that the glass is half full than to worry about it being half empty

If I had to do it again: Yes .... just for the cool (ya not heat) factor
Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
Are you suggesting that someone has to ask W00t to chime in at the "Have you ever dated a stripper" thread in OT

GPS, no it doesn't fully open.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar