Sponsored by:

997 Turbo’s on BaT / Pcarmarket / Cars & Bids Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 08:46 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by DivingorDriving
Congratulations! As above I think you got a good buy. I love the colors, and the third pedal! Great that it has the Sport Chrono package as well.

I personally have no experience with lowering, so won't comment on that.

As to a tune, I am biased, but I highly recommend Kevin and Ultimate Motorwerks. Not only does he provide a great tune, but he knows these cars incredibly well, as is demonstrated by his contributions to this forum on a very regular basis. Also, depending on how far you take the car with modifications, he has a clutch solution as well.
+1 for Kevin
Old 09-05-2022, 08:59 AM
ThunderRolls
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by AMGnowGT3soon
Hey guys, hope all is well. I won the bid on this auction and will be a proud first time Porsche owner this week! I’m pretty excited to go and pickup the car, it is local to me as I’m in West LA. I have been a Mercedes (AMG) guy for many years now, and still am but wanted to try something new.

It seems like this is a nice example and super clean. What do you guys think about the price I paid ($143,972) ? And the color combo?

I’ve lowered pretty much every car I’ve owned, what do you guys think about a set of H&R springs? Also looking to do a ECU Tune. What’s the best way to go? GIAC?

Thanks for the input guys.
After having both, I wouldn't want lowered for the area I live in. There are some steep inclines and rough roads
Old 09-05-2022, 09:13 AM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey guys, hope all is well. I won the bid on this auction and will be a proud first time Porsche owner this week! I’m pretty excited to go and pickup the car, it is local to me as I’m in West LA. I have been a Mercedes (AMG) guy for many years now, and still am but wanted to try something new.

It seems like this is a nice example and super clean. What do you guys think about the price I paid ($143,972) ? And the color combo?

I’ve lowered pretty much every car I’ve owned, what do you guys think about a set of H&R springs? Also looking to do a ECU Tune. What’s the best way to go? GIAC?

Hey there and congratulations on your purchase. I think you did well considering a somewhat softer market today and you scored a very desirable car, regardless of market.

I realize you're excited, but possibly post your springs and tune queries under a new or a well-responded current thread on the topic as this one is more about pricing results. You'll find plenty of info on those topics!

Short answer: I too have a 2010 997tt which had the exact mods you referenced and sent you a message about my experience. Basically, PO did springs and it was too low, returned to stock. Tune was/is great. Check your messages and congrats again!

Last edited by Adams; 09-05-2022 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:13 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 607 Likes on 384 Posts

Beautiful car and pricing seems fair. For tunning I would go with Markski or Sam@bydesign either of them will be able to get you set up the way you will want it and provide excellent after-sale support.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:52 PM
waizone
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

This 2012 Turbo 6MT in Ice Blue Metallic is on PCA.org. Beautiful car.

​​​​​​https://mart.pca.org/ads/58278

Last edited by waizone; 09-07-2022 at 07:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by waizone:
cjcam930 (09-08-2022), Robocop305 (09-07-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 10:27 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,565 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by waizone
This 2012 Turbo 6MT in Ice Blue Metallic is on PCA.org. Beautiful car.

​​​​​​https://mart.pca.org/ads/58278

Gone fishin'

I mean, that's a heck of a nice spec, and a manual .2 is rare but a quarter million buys you a heck of a lot of car....
The following users liked this post:
RySjaXn (09-08-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 04:31 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 188 Posts

Pretty entertaining comments thread on this one:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...urbo-coupe-41/

Old 09-26-2022, 04:49 PM
signde
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl

that car is going to end up getting withdrawn or will be reserve not met.

unrelated, but thought for sure this was a mistake but looks like it was not. yes it is heavily modified and 66k miles, but $66k seems crazy low here.
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...-911-turbo-28/
Old 09-26-2022, 08:42 PM
rjaudi
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm fairly certain one of the Abushis owns that car and they made up the invoice to the car for the mods it had. My guess is the car had some moisture while in storage and the interior was damaged. Very strange listing for BAT no way it meets reserve.
Old 09-30-2022, 06:42 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 188 Posts

Gotta say, pretty shocked it went for $82k before fees with all the questions surrounding it, plus the mileage and mods. I was expecting a total flop in the $60s or something. Maybe the top bidders did some due diligence and determined it wasn't shady. The color combo is certainly highly desirable.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 267 Posts

Gotta say, pretty shocked it went for $82k before fees with all the questions surrounding it, plus the mileage and mods. I was expecting a total flop in the $60s or something. Maybe the top bidders did some due diligence and determined it wasn't shady. The color combo is certainly highly desirable.

I don’t see these cars dipping into the $60s ever again. This car has a very rare color combination and it looks to be in decent shape. 80k mikes for a Mezger turbo is not a big deal. I think the car was sold for a fair price. These cars are built from high quality materials and will last for a long time.

They don’t make cars like this anymore.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:13 PM
signde
Racer

Gotta say, pretty shocked it went for $82k before fees with all the questions surrounding it, plus the mileage and mods. I was expecting a total flop in the $60s or something.
same. i am also surprised reserve was low enough that it sold.

regardless of the color combo, the whole thing felt shady. rjaudi called it, that did end up being that abushi guy's car which makes that $70k maintenance bill even more sketch.

as someone who enjoys watching BaT auctions and reading the comments, minus someone actually winning the auction, the listing was a dumpster fire and i am glad we are past it. i do think the new owner got a reasonable deal though, so kudos to them.
Rig.Stunts (10-02-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 06:30 PM
signde
Racer

a low mileage (12k) stock example, six speed manual coupe. first one we've seen like this in a while. already bid to 100k in the first day.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
Robocop305 (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 08:16 PM
Carlos4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 128 Posts

$140-150K

Haven't seen a clean <15,000 mile MT in a bit. While prices may not have been as high as a few months ago, I think that folks are now starting to hang on to their 997 TTs, especially if they have fewer than 40K. Other low-mileage TT have been sold to people who most likely won't drive them and will/may flip when timing is right or preserve outright except for short drives. Leaves a potentially smaller pool of these samples available in the market.

Which makes this car all the more attractive because who knows when the next low-mileage MT will be on the block? The fact that it is stock will be a plus for many, and while black isn't as unique as others we've seen, it's not likely to impact pricing one way or the other. It's a clean two-owner low-mileage MT 997 TT. That's all the plusses it needs. Accessories don't have a significant effect on resale, because most major ones are almost standard and the unique ones are, by definition unique. Some accessories or options may actually detract for some (wood interior? all red interior? carbon fiber interior? etc.). Mods are tricky (tune? turbos? wheels? exhaust? have the stock parts? etc.), but Mods don't apply to this car. Service records should be a plus, but not required. I think for a car like this one they're probably expected.

I'm curious to see where it ends up.

YMMV
DivingorDriving (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 08:40 PM
DivingorDriving
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 124 Posts

15k-Mile 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending October 8 (Lot #86,823) | Bring a Trailer

Will be interesting to see how this one and the 12k mile '07 do side by side: .1 and .2. It IS unfortunate, though, that the .2 has no Sport Chrono. I had noticed that, and now it has been noted in the comments, so I wonder how that will affect the sales price.

Last edited by DivingorDriving; 10-06-2022 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo’s on BaT / Pcarmarket / Cars & Bids Thread