Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 05:07 AM
MYAMI
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KPJ
Hello Samwise & the Rennlist 997 GT3 group, my name is Kieron (new member today), and I’m the new owner of the 2010 meteor grey .2 GT3 mentioned above (WP0AC2A93AS783292) . As mentioned, I’m new to the group, but am keen to meet up with other enthusiasts at a local c&c. This is my first Porsche, but a GT3 has been my sole goal since I saw my first 996 GT3 in 2001, and the desire to own a 997 only got stronger as NA engines an manual transmissions started disappearing. I hope I didn’t pay over the odds for the vehicle, to tell you the truth I wasn’t ready to buy, but I can’t buy a vehicle without seeing it for myself, so when one came up a few miles from me, and in the right condition, I decided to jump on it.
looking forward becoming part of the group.
Congrats, Kieron! Seemed like a great example. We’re all biased here, but the 997 GT3s are something else. You’ll be in love by Monday (if you’re not already).

Just curious as I was helping a friend look at your Meteor car, did the PCCB rotors come with it? Any other additional parts or details to share? You were fast.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:17 AM
KPJ
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MYAMI
Congrats, Kieron! Seemed like a great example. We’re all biased here, but the 997 GT3s are something else. You’ll be in love by Monday (if you’re not already).

Just curious as I was helping a friend look at your Meteor car, did the PCCB rotors come with it? Any other additional parts or details to share? You were fast.
Thanks MYAMI, it hasn’t really sunk in yet, neither has the fact that my unbelievably amazing wife gave permission, as this is a monumental purchase for us.
The car does have the original PCCB’s in boxes, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Other than the PCCB’s, the car doesn’t have a lot of options. FAL was the one I was hoping for (doesn’t have it), and full leather would have been nice, but the absence of both wasn’t a deal breaker, as I bought it to drive it. Hopefully some GT3 experts here will give me honest thoughts when they see it, but to me it felt like an exceptionally well cared for vehicle, and although not a Porsche expert, I was an automotive engineer for 20 years, so there’s some knowledge behind my judgement. Seat bolsters and interior look like new. No clear wrap and a complete absence of stone chipping indicates it hasn’t seen much if any track time (I’ve definitely not managed to avoid front end stone pecking on any car I’ve properly tracked). Also not a single mod done to the car other than the PCCB removal. I loved the fact it was a 1 owner car for 11 years, as if all goes to plan it will be a 2 owner car until it gets passed down to my son, hopefully in a very long time! Won’t likely see track time under my watch as I race karts to satisfy that itch.

The following 4 users liked this post by KPJ:
Booth9999 (07-04-2021), bweSteve (07-06-2021), Joe Cho (07-04-2021), Robocop305 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 06:26 AM
KPJ
Intermediate

I forgot, based on a hoist review, there might even be a chance that the car has never even been driven in the rain. I won’t know till I can remove some of the underbody panels to check, but it looked that way, and living in San Jose it’s entire life and averaging 1500mi/yr, that may be possible.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:42 AM
6DJ8
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I'm a little lost. Is this the one that hit a tire wall? When did that happen? At how many miles?
It is

Doug may have the details

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post16007260

WP0AC29937S792667

Last edited by 6DJ8; 07-04-2021 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by KPJ
Hello Samwise & the Rennlist 997 GT3 group, my name is Kieron (new member today), and I’m the new owner of the 2010 meteor grey .2 GT3 mentioned above (WP0AC2A93AS783292) . As mentioned, I’m new to the group, but am keen to meet up with other enthusiasts at a local c&c. This is my first Porsche, but a GT3 has been my sole goal since I saw my first 996 GT3 in 2001, and the desire to own a 997 only got stronger as NA engines an manual transmissions started disappearing. I hope I didn’t pay over the odds for the vehicle, to tell you the truth I wasn’t ready to buy, but I can’t buy a vehicle without seeing it for myself, so when one came up a few miles from me, and in the right condition, I decided to jump on it.
Welcome to the club!
Old 07-04-2021, 10:04 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 534 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by KPJ
Congrats ! ! !
Old 07-04-2021, 10:36 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by KPJ
Thanks MYAMI, it hasn’t really sunk in yet, neither has the fact that my unbelievably amazing wife gave permission, as this is a monumental purchase for us.
The car does have the original PCCB’s in boxes, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Other than the PCCB’s, the car doesn’t have a lot of options. FAL was the one I was hoping for (doesn’t have it), and full leather would have been nice, but the absence of both wasn’t a deal breaker, as I bought it to drive it. Hopefully some GT3 experts here will give me honest thoughts when they see it, but to me it felt like an exceptionally well cared for vehicle, and although not a Porsche expert, I was an automotive engineer for 20 years, so there’s some knowledge behind my judgement. Seat bolsters and interior look like new. No clear wrap and a complete absence of stone chipping indicates it hasn’t seen much if any track time (I’ve definitely not managed to avoid front end stone pecking on any car I’ve properly tracked). Also not a single mod done to the car other than the PCCB removal. I loved the fact it was a 1 owner car for 11 years, as if all goes to plan it will be a 2 owner car until it gets passed down to my son, hopefully in a very long time! Won’t likely see track time under my watch as I race karts to satisfy that itch.
Wow is all I can say. When I saw the ad I PM'd two Rennlist members that were looking to tell them to jump quickly and I even spoke to a salesman who said somebody was driving over to look at it...and that must have been you. Super happy for you.

Put Xpel on the entire front ASAP and put a large patch of it behind the wheels and also enlarge the stone guard right in front of the back wheels if you plan to go to the mountains. I wouldn't be concerned if it was driven in the rain (grin).

The used car manager goofed when he priced this car. Selling too many Macans.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:51 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

If the car sold for $140k, I don't think there was any goofing up the dealers part. They did very well on that sale.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
pissedpuppy (07-04-2021), SupraSaiyan (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 12:04 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,116 Likes on 2,130 Posts

I'm a little lost. Is this the one that hit a tire wall? When did that happen? At how many miles?
Happened under the Ohio owner. Sometime between February 2013 (34k miles) and April 2019 (46k miles). I'm sure others have more detail on specifically when.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:21 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KPJ
Welcome and congrats! What matters is that you're happy with the car and your purchase. I can tell you that I've always regretted buying the wrong car more than I have slightly overpaying (even though I don't think you necessarily overpaid, given the car has PCCB's and is CPO).
Old 07-04-2021, 12:40 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Welcome and congrats! What matters is that you're happy with the car and your purchase. I can tell you that I've always regretted buying the wrong car more than I have slightly overpaying (even though I don't think you necessarily overpaid, given the car has PCCB's and is CPO).
Joe, I did not even take that into consideration. CPO is worth money, even more if it's a Cayenne.

Buying the wrong car stays with you for as long as you own the car. Overpaying goes away as soon as you stab the gas or your crypto jumps.

Happy 4th to all the members and a happier 4th to all the non member standard users.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
Booth9999 (07-04-2021), kfitzpat9 (07-05-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 12:52 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Joe, I did not even take that into consideration. CPO is worth money, even more if it's a Cayenne.

Buying the wrong car stays with you for as long as you own the car. Overpaying goes away as soon as you stab the gas or your crypto jumps.

Happy 4th to all the members and a happier 4th to all the non member standard users.
Happy 4th to you and all RL'ers as well.

When I bought my GT3, I did feel that I overpaid. But I knew that I got the right car. There was another car on the market at the same time for $3-5k less. But it was out of state, I didn't know the owner or the history. I was more than willing to pay more for a known entity in the hope that I could stop my car ADD. A couple days ago was two years since I had purchased mine and I cannot imagine another car I'd rather have in place of it. To me, that's worth something. Find the right car and given that you're able to make the move, go for it.

Joe
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (07-06-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 01:47 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
If the car sold for $140k, I don't think there was any goofing up the dealers part. They did very well on that sale.
Indeed!
Old 07-04-2021, 03:19 PM
KPJ
Intermediate

Wow is all I can say. When I saw the ad I PM'd two Rennlist members that were looking to tell them to jump quickly and I even spoke to a salesman who said somebody was driving over to look at it...and that must have been you. Super happy for you.

Put Xpel on the entire front ASAP and put a large patch of it behind the wheels and also enlarge the stone guard right in front of the back wheels if you plan to go to the mountains. I wouldn't be concerned if it was driven in the rain (grin).

Thank you Upscale Audio, I was going to Xpel the front, but hadn’t considered the other areas you mentioned, so i’ll clearly need to look into this a bit more before getting it done
Old 07-04-2021, 03:27 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KPJ
Thank you Upscale Audio, I was going to Xpel the front, but hadn’t considered the other areas you mentioned, so i’ll clearly need to look into this a bit more before getting it done
Full front along with rockers and the extended rear quarter piece (which replaces the factory smaller piece) is great protection without covering the entire car.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...