Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2024, 12:10 AM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by landila
I'll keep that in mind when negotiating. Do you think it is worth asking an independent shop to conduct a PPI?
I'd say generally yes, though getting the Porsche dealership to send you the full DME report is usually a good starting place at least.
Old 08-22-2024, 12:13 AM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts

Honestly, if you’re paying peak market value for that car today, Id expect peak market condition, appearance wise and mechanically. I wouldn’t take a dealers word for it and would 1000% get a third party inspection.
Old 08-22-2024, 12:33 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Question for the thread and don’t judge lol… my friend(dealer) will know next week if I get a GTD allocation… with plans to use it to get into a 4.0 eventually(possibly delusional thinking)

Truthfully i don't have the marriage capital to keep both cars… so even though you guys have seen me restore this car for years I’ve never replaced the ppf(it prob needs it) if I was to sell this thing do you think doing new ppf+correction would help it show or is it better to just drop my expectations $8k.
I don’t think you’re going to see $8k in return. If you sold on BAT, the buyer won’t be able to tell the difference in pics.
Old 08-22-2024, 01:14 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Vocan
I'd think if you can get them to $185k-$190k it's probably a reasonable buy. A similar mileage red Canadian car with buckets sold on BaT in June for $177.5k with fees and Canadian cars always trade at a discount.

It's a little tough to peg fair asking prices on these though just since they come up for sale so infrequently and are spec/color/condition dependent.
We always say infrequently but this thread is kind of telling a different story. There always seems to be a few on the market at any given time. It's' not a camry, but appears to be traded on a regular basis from what I'm seeing.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 08-22-2024 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-22-2024, 01:22 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Question for the thread and don’t judge lol… my friend(dealer) will know next week if I get a GTD allocation… with plans to use it to get into a 4.0 eventually(possibly delusional thinking)

Truthfully i don't have the marriage capital to keep both cars… so even though you guys have seen me restore this car for years I’ve never replaced the ppf(it prob needs it) if I was to sell this thing do you think doing new ppf+correction would help it show or is it better to just drop my expectations $8k.
How bad is the PPF? If it were me, I'd remove it and detail the car to the 9's. No need to reinstall PPF if your'e selling it. You can get top dollar with a pristine looking car, PPF or not.

Old 08-22-2024, 02:08 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
How bad is the PPF? If it were me, I'd remove it and detail the car to the 9's. No need to reinstall PPF if your'e selling it. You can get top dollar with a pristine looking car, PPF or not.
Good point, the front bumper was resprayed and PPF is still perfect, so I'll just pull the PPF off the rest and correct it with new decals... this was the damage, not sure I would have filed insurance but he did.
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2024, 02:28 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 231 Posts

What would you value this at for a reasonable offer? Thinking of trading in my 992 touring and getting into a 997.2 never even driven a 997 gt3 but can't stop thinking about it.
That car seems fairly priced to me, possibly below market, those seats are worth $$ even if you decide to do different seats and typically a Porsche dealer people pay more IMO as the car is sometimes a trade-in from a good client? If swapping it all comes down to the trade-in, if you hammer them on price they hammer you on trade. Is this a local deal or is shipping involved?
# of Owners could be spouse or LLC, they might have those details.

A clean easy trade/deal with a dealer to try a different generation while summer is still going is worth some $$

Lastly, If you love manual transmissions and want a more raw experience, you will love the 997. When you first get the car, do not worry about a little smoke on cold start and the clutch is heavy, but you learn to adore it, very hard to explain.

Good luck-
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (08-23-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 04:00 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Good point, the front bumper was resprayed and PPF is still perfect, so I'll just pull the PPF off the rest and correct it with new decals... this was the damage, not sure I would have filed insurance but he did.
Well back in the day a guy softly backed into our Audi Q7 with the V12 body kit, sport pack or whatever they call it. Just knicked the bumper and broke a fog light grille. He gave me expired insurance and we Called his company right there. They took the claim and then 2 weeks later called me and said he wasn't covered and he renewed his insurance on the day of the accident hours after it occurred. Needless to say, I filed a police report and called my insurance. Never got the car fixed but it still showed up on the Carfax. Don't know if the police report triggered it or the insurance company that didn't even have to fix it triggered the report.

I have insurance for reason, to have them cover anything that happens. Why buy insurance only to have to pay for mishaps out of your pocket. As long as the incident is documented, I would have no issue picking ups. car with a. blem on the report.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (08-23-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 05:39 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Well back in the day a guy softly backed into our Audi Q7 with the V12 body kit, sport pack or whatever they call it. Just knicked the bumper and broke a fog light grille. He gave me expired insurance and we Called his company right there. They took the claim and then 2 weeks later called me and said he wasn't covered and he renewed his insurance on the day of the accident hours after it occurred. Needless to say, I filed a police report and called my insurance. Never got the car fixed but it still showed up on the Carfax. Don't know if the police report triggered it or the insurance company that didn't even have to fix it triggered the report.

I have insurance for reason, to have them cover anything that happens. Why buy insurance only to have to pay for mishaps out of your pocket. As long as the incident is documented, I would have no issue picking ups. car with a. blem on the report.
Typically a damage report would be from an insurance claim, an accident would be from a police report.
Old 08-22-2024, 05:57 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 252 Posts

What would you value this at for a reasonable offer? Thinking of trading in my 992 touring and getting into a 997.2 never even driven a 997 gt3 but can't stop thinking about it.
IF you're coming from a 992 and haven't driven cars like the 997 gt3 (not modern at all compared to newer cars) I would strongly suggest a test drive or ride along. It's just whole another animal and some of those things are not appealing to all audiences.
The following 4 users liked this post by Joe Cho:
JpCrp (08-22-2024), pcar1 (08-24-2024), Robocop305 (08-23-2024), rotaz (08-22-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 08:30 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Typically a damage report would be from an insurance claim, an accident would be from a police report.
and I sold the car in 2022 so I have no idea what it said. Just know that there was a ding on it. Had I known I would have read into the carfax report

Old 08-22-2024, 08:31 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe Cho
IF you're coming from a 992 and haven't driven cars like the 997 gt3 (not modern at all compared to newer cars) I would strongly suggest a test drive or ride along. It's just whole another animal and some of those things are not appealing to all audiences.
YUP! Nothing is appealing about driving a 997 GT3 in the city.
Old 08-22-2024, 08:43 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,513 Likes on 816 Posts

YUP! Nothing is appealing about driving a 997 GT3 in the city.
I didn't think the 997 gt3 was too bad in the city but I also have a 996 cup car with a carbon triple disc lol
Old 08-22-2024, 09:45 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Not always the case. Some old lady backed into my wife’s BMW at a shopping center. There was no damage but the lady called the cops since she didn’t want to leave the “scene of an accident”. Police made a report of what happened. No insurance claim was filed since there was no damage. Carfax reports “minor damage”.
Old 08-23-2024, 12:03 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I didn't think the 997 gt3 was too bad in the city but I also have a 996 cup car with a carbon triple disc lol
Well there ya go landila. Just get a harder car than the GT3, say an old fox bodied Mustang and the Gt3 will feel like the perfect daily. I'm not the one to ask about a GT3 as a daily as I float around town in a super smooth and quiet Etron.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...