Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 08:11 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I have decided to sell my Sharkwerks 4.1 997.1 GT3 and move to a cup car. I only have about 2,000 miles on it since upgrading it from the 3.9 to a 4.1 (and only 2 track days). It currently has about 47k miles. Original build thread is here: https://www.sharkwerks.com/2008-997-...umeric-shifter

It currently has a 997 cup car wing and graphics removed. It also is on the HRE wheels and cup2 tires from build thread along with gt2 suspension since the Ohlins were too aggressive on the street. What price do you think I should ask? It's no show car but overall in very good condition. There is some very very slight yellowing on bottom of rear bumper from running catless headers (can only tell unless really looking for it). I have a total of over $200k in the car.......

It has rear seats, seat belts, and bolt in harness bar to make it the perfect street/track car. I will probably regret selling it as it is a unicorn with this setup... It has been professionally maintained by Vortex in Tampa. I also has it detailed (and ceramic coated) less then a month ago.
I'd take it to auction. I assume you went through the work on the .1 to add the rear seats as indicated in prior threads? You still have the Ohlins?

I like the lettering on the sidewalls. Reminds me of the Orange .2 GT3 on BAT that everyone loved at $95k.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:14 PM
eXpensiveGears
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by zshecht7792
Hi All,
So I finally took delivery of my car today and figured it was time to share the details. After looking for almost a year, I finally found exactly what I was looking for in terms of color and spec. It is funny how things work out; originally I was looking for a high mileage, drivers example. Instead, I purchased an 8k mile, 1-car owner, cobalt blue unicorn (or as my co-worker calls it: a barn find). The car has basically sat for its whole life and the owner was just looking for someone to take it and drive the crap out of it. It is bone stuck with the exception of black powder coated wheels. The car is in exceptional condition both inside and out. a few rock chips up front since it does not have PPF and the carbon fiber rear center console is separating in a spot and has a small crack in it. But that can be replaced easily.

As for incoming mods, I came across a gmg center bypass recently and plan to install that soon in addition to getting PPF for most of the car. The original owner sent me a new plastic front lip spoiler which I will put on too. I also plan on doing a lot of maintenance work on it since it is still on original plugs, coils etc. Even though it has low miles, these things are due for replacement based on age.

I am not going to say exactly what I paid since it may cause a bit of a stir in the community. But I will say I paid less than 112K. For prospective buyers out there, my advice to you is this: if you just want a clean condition car and don't care about spec and color, jump on the next good car you see. The good ones sell fast. However, if like me you are absolutely set on a certain color and spec, wait it out. I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason and things will work out in the end if you are patient. If any of you have any questions about the process I went through and how I found the car, shoot me a PM. I am happy to spread what I learned!

Look forward to continue contributing to this community and I am excited to join the P-Car club!

Zac

beautiful!
Old 06-29-2021, 08:31 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,983 Likes on 1,767 Posts

Hi All,
So I finally took delivery of my car today and figured it was time to share the details. After looking for almost a year, I finally found exactly what I was looking for in terms of color and spec. It is funny how things work out; originally I was looking for a high mileage, drivers example. Instead, I purchased an 8k mile, 1-car owner, cobalt blue unicorn (or as my co-worker calls it: a barn find). The car has basically sat for its whole life and the owner was just looking for someone to take it and drive the crap out of it. It is bone stuck with the exception of black powder coated wheels. The car is in exceptional condition both inside and out. a few rock chips up front since it does not have PPF and the carbon fiber rear center console is separating in a spot and has a small crack in it. But that can be replaced easily.

As for incoming mods, I came across a gmg center bypass recently and plan to install that soon in addition to getting PPF for most of the car. The original owner sent me a new plastic front lip spoiler which I will put on too. I also plan on doing a lot of maintenance work on it since it is still on original plugs, coils etc. Even though it has low miles, these things are due for replacement based on age.

I am not going to say exactly what I paid since it may cause a bit of a stir in the community. But I will say I paid less than 112K. For prospective buyers out there, my advice to you is this: if you just want a clean condition car and don't care about spec and color, jump on the next good car you see. The good ones sell fast. However, if like me you are absolutely set on a certain color and spec, wait it out. I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason and things will work out in the end if you are patient. If any of you have any questions about the process I went through and how I found the car, shoot me a PM. I am happy to spread what I learned!

Look forward to continue contributing to this community and I am excited to join the P-Car club!

Zac

How in the world does this even happen? Wow, Congrats Zshecht you win the car buy of the year and post of the week. With all the arguing and back and fourth in this thread, your post is breath of fresh air. I can't believe you held out and won! You have good Juju.

Now to everyone else, don't fall for overpriced cars that everyone is trying to dump.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 06-29-2021 at 11:49 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
chainsaw6 (08-22-2023), nle (06-30-2021), SeanPatrick31 (07-01-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 09:19 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 595 Posts

@zshecht7792 Unbelievable Zac. I don't think we could be any happier for you. I almost feel like apologizing since I was part of a crowd telling you to all but give up on Cobalt blue, high miles, low price. Like when's that going to happen?

Things do happen for a reason and you stuck to your guns in the face of some people saying otherwise.

The one thing I can add about the carbon fiber is to keep it out of sunlight and extreme temperature swings. And don't lean across the center console with much of your body weight. It will crack. But man it looks like a nice car and not a cheap build!
The following 4 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
fijibubba (07-01-2021), ljmartyre (06-29-2021), nle (06-30-2021), zshecht7792 (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 09:20 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 252 Posts

Hi All,

Zac

Congratulations my man! Straight up hustled everyday to find your car and along the way helped me and others. I was lucky enough to see this car in person...it is a stunner! Enjoy in good health
The following 3 users liked this post by Joe Cho:
fijibubba (07-01-2021), nle (06-30-2021), zshecht7792 (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 09:54 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,345 Posts

Grey/Red .2 RS with 23k miles. FAL and full leather. $156k original MSRP. Asking price is $186k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25503452409...oAAOSwmBJg23po

VIN: WP0AC2A95BS783098
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (07-01-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 10:18 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Hi All,

Zac

HUGE congrats Zac - your determination and patience is to be admired!!! Enjoy
Old 06-29-2021, 10:19 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Hi All,

Zac

HUGE congrats Zac - your determination and patience is to be admired!!! Enjoy
Old 06-29-2021, 10:27 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,345 Posts

White .1 GT3 with 35k miles. Very few options. $108k original MSRP. Asking price is $100k OBO.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1258183

VIN: WP0AC29997S792284
Old 06-29-2021, 10:36 PM
zshecht7792
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
White .1 GT3 with 35k miles. Very few options. $108k original MSRP. Asking price is $100k OBO.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1258183

VIN: WP0AC29997S792284
that looks pretty clean though on first glance! And on lower end of the price spectrum.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:58 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 274 Posts

That's a good price. His inbox should be blowing off but I don't know if new members can get PMs.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:00 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 207 Posts

Hi All,

Zac

Love it! congratulations and hope you enjoy it in good health!
Old 06-29-2021, 11:00 PM
zdet
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

Hi All,

Zac
Zac, CONGRATS!! Look forward to seeing the car this weekend!

Last edited by zdet; 06-30-2021 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Pics removed
Old 06-29-2021, 11:41 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,983 Likes on 1,767 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Grey/Red .2 RS with 23k miles. FAL and full leather. $156k original MSRP. Asking price is $186k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25503452409...oAAOSwmBJg23po

VIN: WP0AC2A95BS783098
Post 4895 from last year.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...hread-333.html

On another note, if you're going to congratulate Zac, of which he deserves, maybe remove all the pictures or leave just one up on your reply. Will make for a cleaner thread. Just a thought. If we don't do this, we're going to have pages upon pages of blue. LOL!

I edited my congrats post to only include one picture.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 06-29-2021 at 11:55 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
EMpunker (06-30-2021), pissedpuppy (06-30-2021), Upscale Audio (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 01:13 AM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Congrats Zac,

You get all the pictures <3
Hi All,

Zac

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...