Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2021 | 07:56 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Black RS 4.0 with 2500 miles. PCCB, leather, FAL, and adaptive sports seats. $212k original MSRP. Asking price is $598k OBO.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1236259

VIN: WP0AF2A98BS785614
Wow, they are practically giving that one away. 😂.... Wonder how long before we see a 7 figure ask?
The following 3 users liked this post by fijibubba:
Booth9999 (02-09-2021), RapidGT (02-09-2021), rsierra (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021 | 09:03 PM
KDAWG97M3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe Cho
Interestingly enough, the original basic listing from a few weeks/ months is back and the dealer listing is gone. Not sure what happened. Could be a good deal for someone who wants to investigate...
I’ll text the dealer and ask him
The following users liked this post:
Joe Cho (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021 | 09:06 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Interestingly enough, the original basic listing from a few weeks/ months is back and the dealer listing is gone. Not sure what happened. Could be a good deal for someone who wants to investigate...
It's there. I talked to the owner / dealer about it tonight. I have pics of it as well, but will let him post.
Joe Cho (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021 | 10:14 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Lovely car. Only 3 times my budget...
Old 02-09-2021 | 11:09 PM
KDAWG97M3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jreifler
It's there. I talked to the owner / dealer about it tonight. I have pics of it as well, but will let him post.
seemed like a good car...
Old 02-10-2021 | 01:06 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ByeEnzo
I called on this car Saturday....got within 5k of buying it after some negotiations. It needs tires and last service was late '19. Solid clean car.
Slept on it and made a few calls looking for comps....a more compelling and rare car was presented to me and I passed on the 4.0
The 4.0 is on my bucket list...just will have to wait
I'll bite - which more compelling and rare car presented itself to you (if you don't mind my asking)?

must be something real special to pass on a 4.0L @ $5K discrepancy, but looking at your collection, seems you haven't been lacking for a killer ride!

Last edited by pissedpuppy; 02-10-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Robocop305 (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021 | 01:11 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
I'll bite - which more compelling and rare car presented itself to you (if you don't mind my asking)?

must be something real special to pass on a 4.0L @ $5K discrepancy, but looking at your collection, seems you haven't been lacking for a killer ride!
Well, it's yellow?
ByeEnzo (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021 | 01:56 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bonehead
Well, it's yellow?
I've been summoned
Old 02-10-2021 | 05:37 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jreifler
Well, I got my answer from the GTvault mailer!
jreifler (02-12-2021)
Old 02-10-2021 | 06:08 PM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

Well, I got my answer from the GTvault mailer!
officially sold to the dealership I presume? Damn, was a pretty good deal.
Old 02-10-2021 | 06:49 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

I wanted to let you guys know I passed on the white 2010 GT3 w/ 13k miles that has the stripe. I went back with a cashier's check and a flashlight to make sure I was happy, as there wasn't much light when I saw it. So this is to simply help anyone else interested.

The stumbling block was the title, and I didn't know it up-front. Title is in the name of the previous owner, signed off. Isringhausen filled in the new owner's name and address, and new owner did not transfer it yet. He paid less than $126k for it, but I thought I'd fudge on taxes so it would work out. The issue is how much hassle? I've bought a lot of out of state cars. AAA can't do it. I know the VIN number has to be verified, and when I called the DMV to ask how to handle the new owner having someone else's name she had no clue what was needed. What? This is what my tax dollars pay for in California. I asked her to escalate the call to a senior agent. She left me on hold, came back and said the agent told her it sounded "fishy". I stated it wasn't fishy, and I didn't ask for an opinion, all I want to know is do I need an affidavit of sale or what? She said bring the paperwork to an office. That takes HOURS and besides how do I do that without buying it? Incredible.

The seller said "Don't worry about it" Easy for him to say. I don't think buying is an issue but knowing the requirements and filling them without torching too many hours is what I need.

Kind of a bummer to think you're driving your new car home and you have to take an Uber.

I said earlier the car looks almost in the wrapper, and I think I should clarify. Both seatbacks have a lot of scratches on them. Driver's side from the buckle, passenger side not so sure how they got there. Front passenger wheel has some pitting. The others don't, which was strange. I do NOT know if paint is original, though Isringhausen thinks it "most likely" is. I have a meter now. I spoke to the salesman at Isringhausen that traded it in, and the previous owner did track it though the present owner was told otherwise. The previous owner was a real Porsche guy and took very good of it they said. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 02-10-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Robocop305 (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021 | 06:55 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I wanted to let you guys know I passed on the white 2010 GT3 w/ 13k miles that has the stripe. I went back with a cashier's check and a flashlight to make sure I was happy, as there wasn't much light when I saw it. So this is to simply help anyone else interested.

The stumbling block was the title, and I didn't know it up-front. Title is in the name of the previous owner, signed off. Isringhausen filled in the new owner's name and address, and new owner did not transfer it yet. He paid less than $126k for it, but I thought I'd fudge on taxes so it would work out. The issue is how much hassle? I've bought a lot of out of state cars. AAA can't do it. I know the VIN number has to be verified, and when I called the DMV to ask how to handle the new owner having someone else's name she had no clue what was needed. What? This is what my tax dollars pay for in California. I asked her to escalate the call to a senior agent. She left me on hold, came back and said the agent told her it sounded "fishy". I stated it wasn't fishy, and I didn't ask for an opinion, all I want to know is do I need an affidavit of sale or what? She said bring the paperwork to an office. That takes HOURS and besides how do I do that without buying it? Incredible.

The seller said "Don't worry about it" Easy for him to say. I don't think buying is an issue but knowing the requirements and filling them without torching too many hours is what I need.

Kind of a bummer to think you're driving your new car home and you have to take an Uber.

I said earlier the car looks almost in the wrapper, and I think I should clarify. Both seatbacks have a lot of scratches on them. Driver's side from the buckle, passenger side not so sure how they got there. Front passenger wheel has some pitting. The others don't, which was strange. I do NOT know if paint is original, though Isringhausen thinks it "most likely" is.
I have a meter now. Hope this helps.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out and thanks for sharing additional details as it'll help someone down the road. Your GT3 will come around!
Old 02-10-2021 | 06:56 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

I said earlier the car looks almost in the wrapper, and I think I should clarify. Both seatbacks have a lot of scratches on them. Driver's side from the buckle, passenger side not so sure how they got there. Front passenger wheel has some pitting. The others don't, which was strange. I do NOT know if paint is original, though Isringhausen thinks it "most likely" is. I have a meter now. I spoke to the salesman at Isringhausen that traded it in, and the previous owner did track it though the present owner was told otherwise. The previous owner was a real Porsche guy and took very good of it they said. Hope this helps.
Leads me to believe the current owner never registered it nor paid the tax on it when they purchased it and is trying to flip it to you and maximize their profit.
Old 02-10-2021 | 07:51 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy

one of one, Blossom Yellow, sunroof delete, special wishes, Exclusiv hand built, German market, 964 Turbo 3.6
The 4.0 is a great car, but I was stretching a bit to buy it. I owned a "pumpkin" 997.1 RS previously.
The 964 was well within my budget and I'm on an air cooled bender currently
The following 4 users liked this post by ByeEnzo:
E-Man (02-10-2021), fijibubba (02-10-2021), RAudi Driver (02-10-2021), Steve Theodore (02-19-2021)
Old 02-10-2021 | 08:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Title Skipping: The practice of buying a car, not putting in your name and then selling it, thereby skipping the tax one must pay for the car. This is a felony!
John buys a car from Bob, John then sells the car to Sam. Sam goes and registers the car and the DMV thinks the last owner is Bob. That's illegal and now John goes to jail and gets the Johnny stick every night. It's happened to me on motorcycles in the past and has proven to be nothing but headaches for me. I'll never buy a vehicle from someone where the title isn't in their name.

Buyers have 10 days to register the car in their name and sellers have 5 days to notify the DMV that they no longer own the car in California.

However, if it's a dealership that is selling the car, they do not need to register the car in their name. They have something called a reassignment, by where they reassign the title to the next owner. Buying a car this way should prove to be no issue at all, even when the original owner didn't notify the DMV within the required 5 days (California). The dealership will sell you the car and notify the DMV that they sold the car to you for the exact amount that you paid. No funny business as the dealership has all the details of the car they purchased and will transfer that information to the dealership along with the price you paid for the car.

Also, unless you're paying cash, the bank will catch that info and transfer that info to the DMV.

Kevin was this to be a private party sale or dealership sale?

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 02-10-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Robocop305 (02-10-2021)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...