Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021 | 09:12 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Title Skipping: The practice of buying a car, not putting in your name and then selling it, thereby skipping the tax one must pay for the car. This is a felony!
John buys a car from Bob, John then sells the car to Sam. Sam goes and registers the car and the DMV thinks the last owner is Bob. That's illegal and now John goes to jail and gets the Johnny stick every night. It's happened to me on motorcycles in the past and has proven to be nothing but headaches for me. I'll never buy a vehicle from someone where the title isn't in their name.

Buyers have 10 days to register the car in their name and sellers have 5 days to notify the DMV that they no longer own the car in California.

However, if it's a dealership that is selling the car, they do not need to register the car in their name. They have something called a reassignment, by where they reassign the title to the next owner. Buying a car this way should prove to be no issue at all, even when the original owner didn't notify the DMV within the required 5 days (California). The dealership will sell you the car and notify the DMV that they sold the car to you for the exact amount that you paid. No funny business as the dealership has all the details of the car they purchased and will transfer that information to the dealership along with the price you paid for the car.

Also, unless you're paying cash, the bank will catch that info and transfer that info to the DMV.

Kevin was this to be a private party sale or dealership sale?

Seller is a private party.
Old 02-11-2021 | 01:23 AM
sleekskier
Track Day

Yes, this is my car for sale. I am just testing the market! Not a must-sell. It was a spontaneous listing after I decided to sell my Cayenne Turbo S (needed a larger SUV for the family). I am mostly a lurker on this site, years before my GT3 purchase. Just another Porsche addict with a long list of great cars in my temporary care over the years.
Old 02-11-2021 | 01:39 AM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sleekskier
Yes, this is my car for sale. I am just testing the market! Not a must-sell. It was a spontaneous listing after I decided to sell my Cayenne Turbo S (needed a larger SUV for the family). I am mostly a lurker on this site, years before my GT3 purchase. Just another Porsche addict with a long list of great cars in my temporary care over the years.
can you message me about your car? I’m interested.
Old 02-11-2021 | 01:40 AM
sleekskier
Track Day

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I really like this car. Great spec and very high MSRP for a 997.1, $138k.
GT silver with yellow accents looks phenomenal.
I need to learn how to use the site. Should've quoted the message in reply, right?
The following users liked this post:
zshecht7792 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021 | 08:58 AM
KDAWG97M3
Rennlist Member

Good looking car....

Last edited by KDAWG97M3; 02-11-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2021 | 12:39 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sleekskier
I need to learn how to use the site. Should've quoted the message in reply, right?
yes please.
no idea what you are discussing otherwise.

thanks for asking
Old 02-11-2021 | 12:46 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I wanted to let you guys know I passed on the white 2010 GT3 w/ 13k miles that has the stripe. I went back with a cashier's check and a flashlight to make sure I was happy, as there wasn't much light when I saw it. So this is to simply help anyone else interested.

The stumbling block was the title, and I didn't know it up-front. Title is in the name of the previous owner, signed off. Isringhausen filled in the new owner's name and address, and new owner did not transfer it yet. He paid less than $126k for it, but I thought I'd fudge on taxes so it would work out. The issue is how much hassle? I've bought a lot of out of state cars. AAA can't do it. I know the VIN number has to be verified, and when I called the DMV to ask how to handle the new owner having someone else's name she had no clue what was needed. What? This is what my tax dollars pay for in California. I asked her to escalate the call to a senior agent. She left me on hold, came back and said the agent told her it sounded "fishy". I stated it wasn't fishy, and I didn't ask for an opinion, all I want to know is do I need an affidavit of sale or what? She said bring the paperwork to an office. That takes HOURS and besides how do I do that without buying it? Incredible.

The seller said "Don't worry about it" Easy for him to say. I don't think buying is an issue but knowing the requirements and filling them without torching too many hours is what I need.

Kind of a bummer to think you're driving your new car home and you have to take an Uber.

I said earlier the car looks almost in the wrapper, and I think I should clarify. Both seatbacks have a lot of scratches on them. Driver's side from the buckle, passenger side not so sure how they got there. Front passenger wheel has some pitting. The others don't, which was strange. I do NOT know if paint is original, though Isringhausen thinks it "most likely" is. I have a meter now. I spoke to the salesman at Isringhausen that traded it in, and the previous owner did track it though the present owner was told otherwise. The previous owner was a real Porsche guy and took very good of it they said. Hope this helps.
This doesn't surprise me at all, given the situation. Sorry to hear on your part.

What he's trying to do is definitely illegal, and not only is it illegal, but there is NO way for him to sell it to a new owner without putting it into his name - even with an affidavit of sale, when you take it to your DMV, they will reject it since he's not a dealer and tried to just reassign ownership.

The following 3 users liked this post by switchcars:
Manhattan_trout (02-11-2021), Steve Theodore (02-19-2021), Steve2k1116 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021 | 02:06 PM
twentyseven
Instructor

Might be futile, but any Guards Red 997.1 GT3's out there with decent mi (25-50k)? Not looking for something in the wrapper, and certainly not overpriced... just a well kept one that can be driven.

Last edited by twentyseven; 02-11-2021 at 04:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by twentyseven:
Robocop305 (02-11-2021), zshecht7792 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021 | 03:03 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Title Skipping: The practice of buying a car, not putting in your name and then selling it, thereby skipping the tax one must pay for the car. This is a felony!
John buys a car from Bob, John then sells the car to Sam. Sam goes and registers the car and the DMV thinks the last owner is Bob. That's illegal and now John goes to jail and gets the Johnny stick every night. It's happened to me on motorcycles in the past and has proven to be nothing but headaches for me. I'll never buy a vehicle from someone where the title isn't in their name.

Buyers have 10 days to register the car in their name and sellers have 5 days to notify the DMV that they no longer own the car in California.

However, if it's a dealership that is selling the car, they do not need to register the car in their name. They have something called a reassignment, by where they reassign the title to the next owner. Buying a car this way should prove to be no issue at all, even when the original owner didn't notify the DMV within the required 5 days (California). The dealership will sell you the car and notify the DMV that they sold the car to you for the exact amount that you paid. No funny business as the dealership has all the details of the car they purchased and will transfer that information to the dealership along with the price you paid for the car.

Also, unless you're paying cash, the bank will catch that info and transfer that info to the DMV.

Kevin was this to be a private party sale or dealership sale?

You’ll have issue if it’s within a state sale. Probably more so in Cali where they’ll go after you for $50. Something Something Tax Branch of Cali.....being vague on purpose, but those that know will know. If not, more odds than not, the other state won’t care.

yes, I’ve been on the fortunate end price wise to do this very thing on Buying only. Not selling. I’m averse to the risk of driving an unregistered car on the road with expired tags and such......

Old 02-11-2021 | 03:07 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by switchcars
This doesn't surprise me at all, given the situation. Sorry to hear on your part.

What he's trying to do is definitely illegal, and not only is it illegal, but there is NO way for him to sell it to a new owner without putting it into his name - even with an affidavit of sale, when you take it to your DMV, they will reject it since he's not a dealer and tried to just reassign ownership.

You’d be surprised how common it is. I’m talking about probably 15% for sale in certain states with High Use Taxes. Though usually the other party isn’t trying to capitalize, but usually from my purchases takes a big loss.
Old 02-11-2021 | 03:28 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by twentyseven
Might be futile, but any Guards Red 997.1 GT3's out there with decent mi (40-50k)? Not looking for something in the wrapper, and certainly not overpriced... just a well kept one that can be driven.
A few weeks back info was shared on a guards red with 50k miles for 89k but people have seen it for sale from 75k to 89k. It had some bodywork done after hitting a tire wall. Supposedly sold in San Antonio, TX but still shows up on autotrader.
twentyseven (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021 | 03:28 PM
zshecht7792
Rennlist Member

Might be futile, but any Guards Red 997.1 GT3's out there with decent mi (40-50k)? Not looking for something in the wrapper, and certainly not overpriced... just a well kept one that can be driven.
We'll you have a better chance of finding your preferred color than I do ha. Cobalt/midnight blue and atlas gray are super hard to come by.
Old 02-11-2021 | 03:31 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

I know of one local to me.
I keep upping the offer, but owner says he wants to be buried in the car..................
The following 3 users liked this post by cgfen:
Burren (02-11-2021), Joe Cho (02-11-2021), zshecht7792 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021 | 03:37 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgfen
I know of one local to me.
I keep upping the offer, but owner says he wants to be buried in the car..................
That's next level stuff
The following 2 users liked this post by Joe Cho:
fijibubba (02-11-2021), zshecht7792 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021 | 03:42 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=cgfen;17225975]I know of one local to me.
I keep upping the offer, but owner says he wants to be buried in the car..................]

Make his wife the offer then. If she doesn’t accept now, she will before they toss any dirt on it. 😂👍🏻
Booth9999 (02-12-2021)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...