Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 02:58 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by jmann2380
I wonder this myself. 6GT3 market is weird. Reminds me of the 930 market.
It's a small market -- small supply (few hundred cars remaining) which has, over the years, reached owners that knew what they want when looking and know what they have when holding. Demand is maybe only little larger than supply as the 6gt3 is far from what a typical sports car buyer wants. So it's a small market on a special car quite unlike any other, with not too many market transaction prints to establish a tight range. Any small supply/demand shift will have an effect on price.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:14 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
It's a small market -- small supply (few hundred cars remaining) which has, over the years, reached owners that knew what they want when looking and know what they have when holding. Demand is maybe only little larger than supply as the 6gt3 is far from what a typical sports car buyer wants. So it's a small market on a special car quite unlike any other, with not too many market transaction prints to establish a tight range. Any small supply/demand shift will have an effect on price.
Isn't the 6GT3 market much smaller than the 930? even if just by looking at the production years
Old 05-11-2020, 08:27 PM
Pats911
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Apologies if this one’s been posted and I missed it. I’m kind of surprised by the mileage given the track toy interior but apparently it’s accurate. Any guess on what this would actually sell for? Is anyone familiar with this car?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/225915117

Edit: According to VINWiki it’s known as “The Colonel” and was modified by the first owner. Aside from the stripped interior and full cage it has a substantially upgraded suspension, welded coolant pipes and a full Sharkwerks exhaust.

Again, curious about what people think it will go for.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:27 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

$129,997?

It's CNC after all.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 09:32 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

You'd think they'd have washed the car before the pics, front bumper still has dead bugs
fijibubba (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 09:49 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Pats911
Apologies if this one’s been posted and I missed it. I’m kind of surprised by the mileage given the track toy interior but apparently it’s accurate. Any guess on what this would actually sell for? Is anyone familiar with this car?

Edit: According to VINWiki it’s known as “The Colonel” and was modified by the first owner. Aside from the stripped interior and full cage it has a substantially upgraded suspension, welded coolant pipes and a full Sharkwerks exhaust.

"The Colonel" was the RSS development car, I believe.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:00 PM
Pats911
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CT944
You'd think they'd have washed the car before the pics, front bumper still has dead bugs
Crazy, right? The listing seems very haphazard.

Originally Posted by bonehead
"The Colonel" was the RSS development car, I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gntop-EBcc&t=3s
Thank you! Just read the build thread. Impressive.

The car may actually be sold. It’s no longer on the dealers website.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:04 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by CT944
High premium, low attention to detail.... unless they're looking in your wallet.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:08 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Similar to the blue wrapped car listed here. It's hard to justify paying much for a car that's not street worthy when a cup car can be had for a lot less and is a much better prepared car. If the seller had the stock parts that would help. Then you spend 10k returning to stock and make out ok.

I'm buying this (or something similar) long before that: https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...3--cup/1825753

Old 05-12-2020, 11:47 AM
TypeRS
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 26 Posts

Crazy, right? The listing seems very haphazard.

Thank you! Just read the build thread. Impressive.

The car may actually be sold. It’s no longer on the dealers website.
You didn't miss out on much if it sold. That thing has been for sale for the better part of 3-4 years if I recall. Seen it in person and it is in really rough shape.

It was modded specific to the previous owner. As it has been for sale mods have been removed and dealers have attempted to return things back to stock. Doesn't seem like any special attention was paid to the car when these things were removed/replaced.

Anyone who buys it will likely have to spend a fair deal of money to get the car "right".
Pats911 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 11:55 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Going to be listing this one soon.
12k miles, former CPO car. Too many others and other hobbies taking up time. Autoquest changed the red accents out for silver for one of the prior owners. I'll get the full CPO packet uploaded soon with more photos.
The following 2 users liked this post by nxfedlt1:
Fritz Flynn (05-13-2020), pissedpuppy (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 09:16 AM
D1ESEL
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Looks like it was and for considerably less money. Also the VIN was incorrect that I posted above, I corrected the O that he had in the for sale ad, but the 3 and 2 in the VIN were switched. Correct VIN here. WP0AC2A99AS783250

https://www.marinoperformancemotors....t3-c-13030.htm
The car belongs to a good friend of mine. I actually took the photos in the FS add.

Yes he paid less for the car but it needed a major service as nothing had been done and it was on original Cup1’s when he purchased the car. It’s really in great shape.

When it was at Porsche Minneapolis he did a full major service (plugs, belts, filters, fluids) as well as Michelin 4S (the car is a street driver mostly) and a fresh water pump.

About a week ago he had Ryan Gates at 311 RS align and corner balance the car to an aggressive street alignment.

The car is truly plug and play for the next owner unless you want to throw some CUP2 on it. It’s in fantastic condition. I’d be happy to take more photos for any interested party.

He currently has a PTS 997.2 RS and an 09 GT2 as well and is looking to swap out this one for a 997.1 RS in green.

Anyone interested should buy with confidence knowing they’re getting a great car.
CT944 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 10:10 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by D1ESEL
The car belongs to a good friend of mine. I actually took the photos in the FS add.

Yes he paid less for the car but it needed a major service as nothing had been done and it was on original Cup1’s when he purchased the car. It’s really in great shape.

When it was at Porsche Minneapolis he did a full major service (plugs, belts, filters, fluids) as well as Michelin 4S (the car is a street driver mostly) and a fresh water pump.

About a week ago he had Ryan Gates at 311 RS align and corner balance the car to an aggressive street alignment.

The car is truly plug and play for the next owner unless you want to throw some CUP2 on it. It’s in fantastic condition. I’d be happy to take more photos for any interested party.

He currently has a PTS 997.2 RS and an 09 GT2 as well and is looking to swap out this one for a 997.1 RS in green.

Anyone interested should buy with confidence knowing they’re getting a great car.
That’s great! Saying it was listed for considerably less was not at all meant to say that it isn’t worth the price. I bought my car last year which was serviced well but then did coolant lines and a major service this year. I would expect to at least get out of it what I paid last year given the amount of service I put into it.

That’s a great car in a great spec. Someone should have no issue paying more for a good car.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:15 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Going to be listing this one soon.
12k miles, former CPO car. Too many others and other hobbies taking up time. Autoquest changed the red accents out for silver for one of the prior owners. I'll get the full CPO packet uploaded soon with more photos.
man, what a beauty - one of the best color combos (IMO)
Old 05-13-2020, 12:26 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

^^^^ I love that color combo too. Very classy. And I am particular to the Titanium colored 997.2 GT3 rims too,... so the silver strips & graphics really do it for me on a white GT3RS. It's subtle enough, while still being loud.

Question: Was the colored Porsche Crest center caps an option on these cars? ... I thought they were all "GT3" or "RS" center caps.

=Steve

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...